Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Att: Philippio...ciao C.p.

djoscarg

Philippio,

For starters....I really don't understand why you have chosen to start bashing "Dark Beat" 2 years after the fact....why doesnt anybody want it? because the thing is 2 years old!!!

If you dont have it by now...forget it...

You have chosen to start shitting on me, my partner, my music, my Djing and the club that I have enjoyed a residency at for 4 years.....That is your choice and you have every right to do it....but let me give you my opinion....

Long before you realized that Trance wasn't your cup of tea and you discovered house via D.T. and his Global Underground CD I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC....Long before you became the all-knowing poster-child for "real" House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC...Long before you had ever even heard of House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC Long after you post your petty and childish garbage I will continue to make and play HOUSE MUSIC..

I have posted on this board on and off for a couple of years now...I have made friends and met some interesting people in that time...I have had several disagreements and debates with people but always in a civil and respectful manner....You on the other hand are tactless and completely disrespectful and have brought this board to an all time low....as a matter of fact this will most likely be my last post....I always treat people with respect (no matter who they are) and I expect the same in return....I don't have the time nor the desire to have to deal with a frustrated, bitter ,(just discovered house a few years ago but I know everything about it) type of person who only hurts our scene...

The funny thing is you claim to support the locals...but only the ones you see fit, or the ones that aren't as popular at the moment....You see I take a differet path...I truly support the locals...ALL OF THEM.....and they can tell you that better than anyone....Ralph and I have been doing our thing since 1991...waaaayyyy before this club scene exploded and waaayyyy before anyone even thought of playing HOUSE in a club all night....We have done nothing but try to put Miami on the HOUSE MUSIC map....Long before the WMC became the HUGE event it has become Ralph and I were doing MURK parties with Masters at Work, Danny Tenaglia and Todd Terry (all in one night) to expose the Miami scene to this music that we love so much...

anyway...

I have wasted way too much time on you already...

Let me just say...as far as "Dark Beat"

I know when my friends and heroes such as Danny Tenaglia, David Morales, Junior Vasquez, Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, Satoshi Tomei, Doc Marten, Pete Tong, Sasha and countless others take me aside, or e-mail me, or call me just to say how much they loved that song...that is more than enough for me....

When I play that song just about anywhere on the planet and people sing along word for word...that is more than enough for me....

When my friends and peers locally tell me how much they liked our song and how much they supported it and played it...that is more than plenty for me...

so you see...your approval is really not necessary nor wanted....actually it is totally meaningless...

I hope you eventually realize how to help the scene instead of hurting it with your negativity...I think your heart may be in the right place....but you are talking out of your ass...

peace out yall'

O.G.

:cool:

P.S.:Marcos and Carla your site looks awesome...very informative...keep up the good work!!!

P.S.S.:Cue it gave me goose bumps watching you play "Fired Up" on the terrace the other morning...thanks you rock!

P.S.S.S: That "Miami's Best Dj Poll" was ridiculous and of course was placed there only for Philippio to have an opprtunity to disrespect a select group of DJs who have worked very hard and paid alot of dues to get somewhere....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar, of course I realized that you have been making house music longer than I've been old enough to enjoy it. I'm only 25. Ever since I was old enough to get into Space, I've been going regularly to hear you play and I DO pay my respects where they are due. I'm not talking about your roots 10 years ago. My opinions have been focusing on what I feel is an unfortunate path that you have taken as of late (with your sets at Space), and my utter disappointment with your opening set for DT. Regarding Dark Beat, they sent it to me a few days ago. What can I do about it? I didn't pay for it. I didn't want it. If you want I can come by Space on saturday and give it to one of the bouncers to give to you. That's totally beside the point. I have not heard your set at MIA but having read only good things about it, I am very intrigued and I will definitely come and listen one time.

Originally posted by philippio

Oscar, of course I realized that you have been making house music longer than I've been old enough to enjoy it. I'm only 25. Ever since I was old enough to get into Space, I've been going regularly to hear you play and I DO pay my respects where they are due. I'm not talking about your roots 10 years ago. My opinions have been focusing on what I feel is an unfortunate path that you have taken as of late (with your sets at Space), and my utter disappointment with your opening set for DT. Regarding Dark Beat, they sent it to me a few days ago. What can I do about it? I didn't pay for it. I didn't want it. If you want I can come by Space on saturday and give it to one of the bouncers to give to you. That's totally beside the point. I have not heard your set at MIA but having read only good things about it, I am very intrigued and I will definitely come and listen one time.

just as I suspected....more criticism and sarcasm..

you are very predictable

so long Philippio....

I'm serious, next time you're there I will try to make it and I will come and introduce myself. And I will also introduce myself to Luis Puig and hopefully Saleen. There is nothing wrong with criticism. Critical minds just have a habit of questioning everything. I went through 4 years of bullshit in college to learn to be critical and analytical.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Oscar, I really hope that you don't retire from CP as you started before. Your wit and sarcasm is very refreshing and I hate to see yet another respected person in the industry boycott CP because of disagreements and negativity. We lost Stryke and a host of other people. The fact that you post on here makes it so much more to go to space, or MIA or wherever you play because its more personal. This medium gives us a chance to have exchanges that are otherwise impossible at a club.

Like Meng said on another thread, it seems this happens every now and then. The board goes to shit, then it gets better. Hopefully the better times will start with the advent of a new year and the introduction of a few new clubs.

Originally posted by philippio

. . Regarding Dark Beat, they sent it to me a few days ago. What can I do about it? I didn't pay for it. I didn't want it. If you want I can come by Space on saturday and give it to one of the bouncers to give to you.

point is you dont have to like it. thats fine im sure Oscar knows well in advance that not EVERYBODY is going to LOVE it. most did though! and it became a huge hit.

the way u said it was tasteless. dont try to retract it now and cover up.

try this:

" i was sent a copy of dark beat just now. i never felt that song. would anybody else want it?"

that would be fair.

but instead you took jabs and shots and be cute. in return offend.not Oscar though but the board. As well as i know Oscar i am soo sure he does not give 3 shits what u think.

Originally posted by djoscarg

P.S.S.S: That "Miami's Best Dj Poll" was ridiculous and of course was placed there only for Philippio to have an opprtunity to disrespect a select group of DJs who have worked very hard and paid alot of dues to get somewhere....

oscar , dont you think we know this ?? thats why those who really matter dont pay any attention to all the silly shit this dumb ass posts .:laugh: i just read and say 2 myself .. what a fuckin loser .. & thats why you should do the same.. honestly .. who really listens to this guys bullshit ?? we already have our minds busy with all tha shit saleen posts :D:laugh: so bro ... dont pay it no mind .. ;):cool::D

as a matter of fact..i would love a copy of the dark beat vs french kiss mix that i have heard out there several times....id even purchase it!!!!!!!!!!!!;) cuz we all know downloading is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...so if u have any info on where i can purchase that mix mr. o.g. i would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I personally think the personal attacks are getting old whether you are a househead, trancelover or whatever you like you should try to better the scene. There is no reason to bash what you don't like.

Phillip you are not voicing an opinion in an intelligent way you just bash there is no subjectivity to at all. Its it sucks and I go here and there because I like it. But you know what not everyone likes what you listen to but I don't see them bashing your style.

I think it was good for Oscar to say what he did.

I just hope the "man who is just giving an intellectual opionion" didnt run off a truly nice guy in Oscar G.

Learn to be intellectual because if I based my opinion on what you write here I would think you are just a disgruntled asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself. And for that matter I don't know you personally and that is about how I feel about you but you definetly like to try and push buttons.

Nice job mr i am just stating my opinion on how I hate everything that i dont like.

Oscar don't let him bother you

Peace

When i first got into this business and began to meet the movers and shakers in the "Dance Music" scene, everytime we talked Miami music the one thing that was common to all those conversations was Oscar and Ralph. Long before I met either of them, I learned to respect them for what they were contributing on a global level and what their music has meant to me. I've not loved everything they have done but that's OK. Not all of it was meant for me. That's the beauty of music...isn't it? To this day, they have the respect and admiration of everyone in this industry and certainly mine.

When LP brought Oscar in for the Space residency many people in Miami didn't even know who he was. The irony is that he was much better known around the world than he was in Miami. I remember George Acosta saying to me "Oh shit...Luis got Oscar." Here we are four years later and OG is still holding court and influencing people. Name me another local DJ who has held a residency like that. There are none.

Oscar, keep posting here. You know how important it is to touch your audience and this is a very personal way to do it. And...I still love Dark Beat and am not ashamed to say it.

Dade

When i first got into this business and began to meet the movers and shakers in the "Dance Music" scene, everytime we talked Miami music the one thing that was common to all those conversations was Oscar and Ralph. Long before I met either of them, I learned to respect them for what they were contributing on a global level and what their music has meant to me. I've not loved everything they have done but that's OK. Not all of it was meant for me. That's the beauty of music...isn't it? To this day, they have the respect and admiration of everyone in this industry and certainly mine.

When LP brought Oscar in for the Space residency many people in Miami didn't even know who he was. The irony is that he was much better known around the world than he was in Miami. I remember George Acosta saying to me "Oh shit...Luis got Oscar." Here we are four years later and OG is still holding court and influencing people. Name me another local DJ who has held a residency like that. There are none.

Oscar, keep posting here. You know how important it is to touch your audience and this is a very personal way to do it. And...I still love Dark Beat and am not ashamed to say it.

Dade

Originally posted by djoscarg

Philippio,

For starters....I really don't understand why you have chosen to start bashing "Dark Beat" 2 years after the fact....why doesnt anybody want it? because the thing is 2 years old!!!

If you dont have it by now...forget it...

You have chosen to start shitting on me, my partner, my music, my Djing and the club that I have enjoyed a residency at for 4 years.....That is your choice and you have every right to do it....but let me give you my opinion....

Long before you realized that Trance wasn't your cup of tea and you discovered house via D.T. and his Global Underground CD I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC....Long before you became the all-knowing poster-child for "real" House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC...Long before you had ever even heard of House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC Long after you post your petty and childish garbage I will continue to make and play HOUSE MUSIC..

I have posted on this board on and off for a couple of years now...I have made friends and met some interesting people in that time...I have had several disagreements and debates with people but always in a civil and respectful manner....You on the other hand are tactless and completely disrespectful and have brought this board to an all time low....as a matter of fact this will most likely be my last post....I always treat people with respect (no matter who they are) and I expect the same in return....I don't have the time nor the desire to have to deal with a frustrated, bitter ,(just discovered house a few years ago but I know everything about it) type of person who only hurts our scene...

The funny thing is you claim to support the locals...but only the ones you see fit, or the ones that aren't as popular at the moment....You see I take a differet path...I truly support the locals...ALL OF THEM.....and they can tell you that better than anyone....Ralph and I have been doing our thing since 1991...waaaayyyy before this club scene exploded and waaayyyy before anyone even thought of playing HOUSE in a club all night....We have done nothing but try to put Miami on the HOUSE MUSIC map....Long before the WMC became the HUGE event it has become Ralph and I were doing MURK parties with Masters at Work, Danny Tenaglia and Todd Terry (all in one night) to expose the Miami scene to this music that we love so much...

anyway...

I have wasted way too much time on you already...

Let me just say...as far as "Dark Beat"

I know when my friends and heroes such as Danny Tenaglia, David Morales, Junior Vasquez, Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, Satoshi Tomei, Doc Marten, Pete Tong, Sasha and countless others take me aside, or e-mail me, or call me just to say how much they loved that song...that is more than enough for me....

When I play that song just about anywhere on the planet and people sing along word for word...that is more than enough for me....

When my friends and peers locally tell me how much they liked our song and how much they supported it and played it...that is more than plenty for me...

so you see...your approval is really not necessary nor wanted....actually it is totally meaningless...

I hope you eventually realize how to help the scene instead of hurting it with your negativity...I think your heart may be in the right place....but you are talking out of your ass...

peace out yall'

O.G.

:cool:

P.S.:Marcos and Carla your site looks awesome...very informative...keep up the good work!!!

P.S.S.:Cue it gave me goose bumps watching you play "Fired Up" on the terrace the other morning...thanks you rock!

very well said and id like to add.

for the CP Board in general.

latley the attacks and "cuteness" of everyone have gone too far. just the other day some guy named VAUGHNZ made a tongue and cheek jab at Edgar V.

he said something of the likes of (and i paraphrase) "id rather die than go see Edgar V...does that count as OMG i died club?"

well VAUGHNZ since Edgar V has more class than to respond to your cheap shot ill tell you whats wrong with that.

comments like this have become the NORM!

First off i have never ever seen NOR will i EVER see Oscar G and Edgar V and others go into your thread of Your CRAPPY party (because it is) and say something like "sorry vaughnz i cant go to your party id rather die than go hear you play"

they just dont do that. its called class

even if i know it was intended as a joke

(sure its is hide everything with "i was only kidding hehehe")

but thats why they are where they are and you are still a struggling measily unclassy bedroom dj!

because i am the first to KNOW that not everybody loves Edgar's style but you and others in cp (phillipio) get off on being comedians and take shots to dedicated successful djs as OG and EV

look what a jackass you are. Edgar V has gigs all over the world. opens and closes for PVD throughout the USA. and is represented by PVD's management. Wether you like PVD or not you have to give credit that the guy has to be one of... if not the most POWERFUL and RESPECTED djs on EARTH!

he has accomplished already (and has a way to go) more than many DJs will ever get. he deserves credit and respect.

that Being said Edgar knows so many promoters, club owners, Djs alike. at one time he couldve....i said couldve ....opened a door for you. not after you being such a classless jerk. :blown:

I persued Louis Puig to hire Edgar @ Space not only because of his talents but his humbleness and approach to everything.

same goes for Oscar. the Gentleman (Mr Castro) who pushed hard for Puig to hire OG was based on the same. Surely Puig would not hire these guys just because "hey they are nice guys lets hire them"

but it has to do a lot with character as well as talents. through thier character we realized they had it in them to be where they are today. PURE CLASS on both.

something this board does not have. (exceptions of course) but LOOK. stop for a minute and look at the ones taking shots. see a pattern?

you cant blame Oscar for being tired of this (and its not just based on this one comment on dark beat)

this week its vaughnz next week its Phillipio and then this and that person and the other.

it has became an AIRPORT for nerds, jerks and haters far more than ever before. yes it is a message board. and according to the ones taking the shots "cant be taken seriously" but indeed its tiresome and disrespectful.

i too, like Oscar, am tired of reading these NERDS take shots at my very close friends who i know more than many here how much they work hard at what they do. wether your a huge fan of thier work or thier club is beside the point. its the principle.

so i will not be reading this anymore as well.

i turn and its a shot to my best freind Edgar V. look the other way and its bashing my very close friend OG, this way hey look some jackass is bashing my former bosses Dade or Louis.

this is a BOARD to express your opinions. opinions shouldnt all have to agree. but have to be respected and shared responsibly.

and it hasnt been. it hasnt been for a very longtime. so to all the nerds, haters, jerkoffs CONGRATS!

you have accomplished what u wanted!

and those are my

"two cents"

"cup of tea"

"omg i died comments"

bye

adios

ciao

salut

boun giorno

arrivederci

aloha

sayonara

ate logo

Originally posted by fended

latley the attacks and "cuteness" of everyone have gone too far. just the other day some guy named VAUGHNZ made a tongue and cheek jab at Edgar V.

he said something of the likes of (and i paraphrase) "id rather die than go see Edgar V...does that count as OMG i died club?"

well VAUGHNZ since Edgar V has more class than to respond to your cheap shot ill tell you whats wrong with that.

First off i have never ever seen NOR will i EVER see Oscar G and Edgar V and others go into your thread of Your CRAPPY party (because it is) and say something like "sorry vaughnz i cant go to your party id rather die than go hear you play"

but thats why they are where they are and you are still a struggling measily unclassy bedroom dj!

because i am the first to KNOW that not everybody loves Edgar's style but you and others in cp (phillipio) get off on being comedians and take shots to dedicated successful djs as OG and EV

look what a jackass you are. Edgar V has gigs all over the world. opens and closes for PVD throughout the USA. and is represented by PVD's management. Wether you like PVD or not you have to give credit that the guy has to be one of... if not the most POWERFUL and RESPECTED djs on EARTH!

he has accomplished already (and has a way to go) more than many DJs will ever get. he deserves credit and respect.

that Being said Edgar knows so many promoters, club owners, Djs alike. at one time he couldve....i said couldve ....opened a door for you. not after you being such a classless jerk. :blown:

I persued Louis Puig to hire Edgar @ Space not only because of his talents but his humbleness and approach to everything.

same goes for Oscar. the Gentleman (Mr Castro) who pushed hard for Puig to hire OG was based on the same. Surely Puig would not hire these guys just because "hey they are nice guys lets hire them"

but it has to do a lot with character as well as talents. through thier character we realized they had it in them to be where they are today. PURE CLASS on both.

something this board does not have. (exceptions of course) but LOOK. stop for a minute and look at the ones taking shots. see a pattern?

you cant blame Oscar for being tired of this (and its not just based on this one comment on dark beat)

this week its vaughnz next week its Phillipio and then this and that person and the other.

it has became an AIRPORT for nerds, jerks and haters far more than ever before. yes it is a message board. and according to the ones taking the shots "cant be taken seriously" but indeed its tiresome and disrespectful.

i too, like Oscar, am tired of reading these NERDS take shots at my very close friends who i know more than many here how much they work hard at what they do. wether your a huge fan of thier work or thier club is beside the point. its the principle.

i turn and its a shot to my best freind Edgar V. look the other way and its bashing my very close friend OG, this way hey look some jackass is bashing my former bosses Dade or Louis.

this is a BOARD to express your opinions. opinions shouldnt all have to agree. but have to be respected and shared responsibly.

and it hasnt been. it hasnt been for a very longtime. so to all the nerds, haters, jerkoffs CONGRATS!

and those are my

"two cents"

"cup of tea"

"omg i died comments"

bye

adios

ciao

salut

boun giorno

arrivederci

aloha

sayonara

ate logo

BRAVO. :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by fended

and those are my

"two cents"

"cup of tea"

"omg i died comments"

bye

adios

ciao

salut

boun giorno

arrivederci

aloha

sayonara

ate logo

yeah !! that !! :cool: :cool: :D :D

fended 4 president !!

you know what else ive noticed ?? alot of these so called music lovers that only think music is kool if noone has ever heard of it , even if it suxs ass !! have any one else noticed this ??

they will tell you a certain name of a song and if u did hear it before they will say its an ok tune ... but if u say ... no , i never heard that before they say its the latest thing and that its gonna be the most popular shit in the world.. :laugh: :laugh: the only music they think is kool or good is music noone has ever heard .. but if a track is great but becomes famous , it sucks :laugh:

"how sad"...this time for real, ya know.

I think Saleen is right on this one...industry people are starting to take this board with a grain of salt...grant it, it's a legit forum for people to voice their opinions, good or bad, on clubs or DJs, but it's lately become a venue for personal attacks and the aformentioned cheap shots...and now you have proof, a major industry player just said that he's not going to bother posting anymore...

Half the problem is that a lot of people on here think that posting gives them some sort of godlike power over the scene...they think that one little cheap shot is going to make Louis, Dade, Oscar, Ralph, or whomever their target of the week is, go home and cry all night...they do the courtesy of informing the rabble on here of what the events are, and then people proceed to make personal insults...I'll admit, I've had my favorite targets in the past (the elite, NV, crobar, etc...), but I've never insulted the promoters/owners personally...I'll make a pithy statement and move on...I mostly respect the fact that they do what they do, but as Phil is fond of saying "its not my cup of tea...".

But back to the industry thing, I remember when it just started to be industry central here, actually Dade was one of the first to post here in that fashion, along with Kris and Drew too...and even though some people didn't care for Acosta or the trance, they still either kept their mouth shut or vented their criticisms in a meaningful way...and ya know what, after awhile, a bone or two was thrown...then you would see people from Space come on, then Biz would kick it into high gear (gee, here's a clue people, why do you think he doesn't post alot anymore?!?!?) with the promotions, the lists, etc...basically the clubs that posted on here would treat this ragtag bunch of posters like gold, and they would appreciate it...not anymore...most of those posters have left for the same reasons the industry folk are, and still the clubs would throw a bone to this new batch of people...but these new folk think CP automatically equates godhood, so they want comp entry, open bar, VIP bands, a blowjob/handjob/carpetmunching/full on fuck when they enter the door, and then the next day they still go on here and tear the venue/promoter, which has graciously extended the courtesies, a few new ones cause the girl at the door didn't swallow!

Lately the board has devolved into just a bitch-fest. I don't blame Oscar for telling the whole lot of us to go fuck ourselves...I would after awhile.