Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Birth control

Destiny

i take the pill. ortho tri. it desnt have many side effects for me, the first few months i was a little bloated and my breasts were tender but that was it. i gained about 5 pounds max. people say ortho is the worst for side effects but it actually makes my skin look nicer & i look better with 5 extra pounds. i use condoms if i have sex, which i dont... :D

Originally posted by thrillfire

pills... the only bad side effect is the $

yeah i know i spend like 45 bucks a month on the pill. i made my gyno give me like 10 trials when i was there last... i am almost done with them which sucks.

ortho doesnt make me depressed at all, it doesnt do much. my mom cant take any pills because she gets sick to her stomach. people have lots of weird reactions.

I've been using the Patch... Ortho Evra... since I had the baby.

No nausea, which I used to have with the pill everyday.

Change it once a week, alternating butt cheeks so it doesn't get irritated. Take off the patch for the 4th week.

I don't have to worry about MISSING pills = no more kids for me, thank you very much.

Only difference I've seen is that I eat a lot during period, which is great for me! Don't really gain any weight though. That's a task on it's own for me.

My girl is on the pill its ridiculous..convenient but ridiculous. This is the 3rd kind shes trying...she gets sick, depressed, nasty cramps...She should just stop altoghether. She doesnt need to suffer like this.

Supposedly she was better when she wasnt on it. Why does everything have to have side effects..they can send robots to mars but cant make medicines that cure something without side effects...

Tek

Originally posted by somebitch

ortho doesnt make me depressed at all, it doesnt do much.

just out of curiousity, when did you come to your "men suck and don´t interest me enough, meaningless sex sucks too so i´m just staying single"-attitude? was it before or after you got on the pill?

you know that it *can* have some pretty strong influence (hormon-wise and therefor psychology-wise) on you. ever tried to go without it for a while or skipping the product? since you don´t have sex anyway and don´t plan on, it would do no damage, would it?

Originally posted by tastey

just out of curiousity, when did you come to your "men suck and don´t interest me enough, meaningless sex sucks too so i´m just staying single"-attitude? was it before or after you got on the pill?

you know that it *can* have some pretty strong influence (hormon-wise and therefor psychology-wise) on you. ever tried to go without it for a while or skipping the product? since you don´t have sex anyway and don´t plan on, it would do no damage, would it?

:laugh: no, honestly, all the men i meet are complete shit. well usually. i met someone special recently & we will see what happens.

:love2:

i was like this before i got on the pill though b/c i truly believe 90% of the men in NY are worthless.

Originally posted by themrs

Change it once a week, alternating butt cheeks so it doesn't get irritated. Take off the patch for the 4th week.

I don't have to worry about MISSING pills = no more kids for me, thank you very much.

Only difference I've seen is that I eat a lot during period, which is great for me! Don't really gain any weight though. That's a task on it's own for me.

thats what i was considering doing

i used to be on the pill and it was horrible...haven't been on it for awhile though (yea i know, bad idea) so i was thinking the shot but i heard some bad things from a few people.

i think i might get the patch....

Guest brwneydtrouble

I was on Depo Provera for about 2 years, and I gained about 45 pounds, and was very depressed. I got off it but it took a year and a half to get my period again, and im still not regular, its been almost 4 years. I hate taking pills, so im seriously considering the patch or an IUD. My BF doesn't really want me to take anything because of the side effects, but I'd rather be careful.

Anyone had an IUD before?

Originally posted by themrs

I have been taking Estrostep for some time now and have noticed no side effects. Only thing I hate is when i forget to take it...and then that just snowballs the rest of the week since i continue to forget once I get off my schedule.

With Ortho Evra, do you ever get irritated by having something stuck on your butt and just wanna pick it off?? I at least think I would. Or at least consistanly play with it by sticking it on, taking it off, sticking it on, taking it off...

...But the thought of not having to take a daily pill is awesome...

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I was on Depo Provera for about 2 years, and I gained about 45 pounds, and was very depressed. I got off it but it took a year and a half to get my period again, and im still not regular, its been almost 4 years. I hate taking pills, so im seriously considering the patch or an IUD. My BF doesn't really want me to take anything because of the side effects, but I'd rather be careful.

Anyone had an IUD before?

Who are you dating?:confused: