Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo Review

Morillo is amazing! I was there from about 1-5 (wish I could have stayed longer but my friends left at 3am and these annoying guys would not leave me alone). As for the beats I was definitely feeling it the whole time...hit the dancefloor right before he dropped "so many times"...I love that song! So many great songs that I don't know the name of, haha, luckily I think a lot of them are on the CDs. You guys are exactly right about the JP crowd converting; I saw a lot of old Factory heads there and I know a lot of them (myself included) are liking Morillo a even better than JP now. I didn't actually see the P. Diddy appearance b/c I was behind that VIP thing on the side, but judging by the crowd reaction it sounded like no one was feeling it. It's a shame b/c I am all about incorporating hip-hop with house, but the way he went about it was really lame. It was good seeing Dan and meeting your crew even though I don't remember who was who. Nice to see Gabe too; sorry you weren't feeling the track selection...Mask it was cool to meet you :)

one of my only lowlights of Friday night (besides the mobbed dancefloor, but that was expected) was the stupid idea for the girls on stage to start shooting silly-string into the crowd...my friends and i were all right in the front and got that shit all in our hair, even after we told the idiots to cut that out...so, you girls get a big :gang: from me

well its 8 am and just got in...you've gotta excuse me if i dont make much sense b/c i havent had sleep in 25 hours, and my ears are ringing pretty bad...

started off my night at Mission on Bowery...i came too late for the open bar from 10-11 but oh well...Indulge is def a cool party to check out...dj's Boy Bangkok and Jackie Christie were great...small dancefloor, ok lighting, but a tight soundsystem and GREAT staff...and a very cool crowd! nice meeting you Mask and Alan (?)...your guys moves put me to shame...

fratpat .. it was pleasure meeting you too man .. i like your attitude and professionalizm .. please say hi to your crew .. mad cool people ...

my friends name is Andrew .. not Alan .. hehe

peace

ok, it took me awhile to post this but after reading 4 pages, I'm gonna keep it short an sweet:

first off, for all of you complainin about 'Jersey thrash and SF Guidos'... where the hell were they b/c I only saw a handful and most of them were hangin out by me?!?!? I too can rant and rave about all the UNDESIRABLES, but not without completely disrespecting an entire race of people and most of the NYC population, so I'm gonna keep that to myself and ask that we only talk positively...yeah ok, you might think that Morillos crowd is becoming too commercial but hell, the guy is fuckin amazing and its very narrowminded and selfish for only a select few people too enjoy his work and style. So puhlease dont be so quick to judge, let's all dance and celebrate life, freedom, and HOUSE music!!

Enough corny shit, now for my review...After waiting online for a treacherous hour in the freezin cold and comotion (thank god I was comped) we strolled in a little after Morillo came on around 12:30...the killer vibe was in full swing; never scene Crobar so packed b4, lots of friendly peeps drinkin and havin a good time. As soon as he played 'So Many Times', they crowd just roared and EVERYONE started dancin. Talk about crowded, I was squished between the wall and a 22 year old - totally made his night.

Anyhow, a little later on, P. Diddy came on stage and just started ramblin some nonsense, but I must say, I truly enjoyed it. It kinda felt like I was at one of those MTV music awards, he was that close. Anyhow, he got the crowd amped and FROM WHERE I WAS STANDING, it seemed that everyone was into it.

4-7 was a killer 3 hour set...everyone was dancin and singin along...my legs were beginin to stiffin up and my feet had had it..barely made it to the car...all in all it was a great night out.

I must say I had a better time when Erik was at Crobar in Nov but that's just me. My only compliant is that he could have played more FUNK, but I guess he was tryin to cater to the mixed crowd. Seemed a little to hard and monotonous at one point...much rather see him at Disco, but my Sun afternoon party days are pretty much done.

It was great seein alot of familiar faces I havent seen in a long time: Richie Rydell and the Studio 4 crew, Louis Todaro showed up after Avalon, and hell, Eddie said he saw JP upstairs but wouldnt have recognized him if it wasnt for my sig...hahaha

IT WAS GREAT TO FINALLY MEET THE MASK, Kimmee, ArgDiesel and Blue Dragon ...sorry I missed the circle, guys

BEST SONG of the Night IMO...Bucketheads - The Bomb

PS - someone dropped a glowstick, I picked it up and gave it back to him...there was no room for hate Fri night, just some good vibes, no busts, and some m*thaf*ckin HOUSE music

good seeing all the cp heads such as

oldtimer,ovrdose,kimmee,Mask,Drew,Chas,MikeyNumberzz,Wally,MScrew(still represented even tho you left early kid)Rachel and oh yeah the Hot girl who said i looked like erick Morillo haha Props girl, Marcia who came with me

ty babe i enjoyed ya company =]~ all in all i Give this one a 10 out of 10

my opinion. :bowdown::bowdown:

arg ..nice seeing u too man . u were all over the place dancing .. mad energy son

Sorry I don't really know many of you or I would have said what up. I did see The Mask last night but I could'nt get to you to say what up, I got swallowed up by the crowd tring to make my way over to you.

That's All

Madness

djmadness .. no biggie man . next time we will meet and dance ...

peace

IT WAS GREAT TO FINALLY MEET THE MASK, Kimmee, ArgDiesel and Blue Dragon ...sorry I missed the circle, guys

PS - someone dropped a glowstick, I picked it up and gave it back to him...there was no room for hate Fri night, just some good vibes, no busts, and some m*thaf*ckin HOUSE music

it was great meeting u too cynstam .. and your sister ... and ya .. someone was doing glowsticks and one of the sticks flew and hit some people . i ran and picked it up . apolgoized for the hit .. and gave it back to the guy .. hehe .. much love to everyone ..

What a crazy night!!! The music was great, I loved the classics he threw in from time to time. I still cant believe Crobar was so freakin packed, Ive never seen it like that before... lots of diversity, but a definite VIBE and ENERGY. Morillo just knows how to do it right. This night got me really excited for Miami!!

fratpat .. it was pleasure meeting you too man .. i like your attitude and professionalizm .. please say hi to your crew .. mad cool people ...

my friends name is Andrew .. not Alan .. hehe

peace

ha ha...my bad Mask, i'm terrible with names. i'm sure i'll see you out again man.