Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Re-Opens, from NYDN

3/8/2005

Nightlife entrepreneur Eddie Dean has signed a lease to start operating infamous New York night spot Sound Factory this spring, just over a year after cops shut it down under America’s notorious crack house laws.

"We have nothing to do with anything remotely connected with what went on there. We take those things very seriously and we take every precaution that's necessary,†Dean told the New York Daily News this week.

"If everything breaks right, we're hoping for a May/June opening. We feel the timing is great right now for a new large club,†he added.

Last March, New York's District Attorney hosted a triumphant press conference after he indicted the previous owner and two senior executives on serious drugs charges, declaring “club owners and managers who allow their premises to become dangerous drug markets are no different from those who run crack houses.†(Village Voice)

This is a big issue for us," undercover cop Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly added, "The whole club scene is generally one we want to encourage in the city, but they have to be run legally.â€

The club initially closed for a month in February 2003 after undercover cops reportedly posed as clubbers and bought various drugs, prompting the club’s website to issue a stark warning at the time to revellers to be careful about their ‘friends’.

“You may think you buy, sell or use drugs together with impunity, you may dance this night away feeling safe in each other's company,†the site said. “But think again, your friend may be an undercover policeman.â€

this works out perfect since JP is no longer at Spirit...he can take a few months to fool around at some different spots, maybe do some producing than when it opens he can go back to his weekly resident at his REAL home

SF...the house that JP built :bounce:

JP will never spin there again... the club is opening under. Subliminal and Eric Morillo.... I do agree... That SF was the house that JP help or virtually built himself, but this aint SF and it aint no longer his house... sowwie

this works out perfect since JP is no longer at Spirit...he can take a few months to fool around at some different spots, maybe do some producing than when it opens he can go back to his weekly resident at his REAL home

never gonna happen; I'm sure they will stay away from JP for legal reasons

funny though if they get morillo he draws the same JP crowd

3/8/2005

"We have nothing to do with anything remotely connected with what went on there. We take those things very seriously and we take every precaution that's necessary,†Dean told the New York Daily News this week.

This is a big issue for us," undercover cop Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly added, "The whole club scene is generally one we want to encourage in the city, but they have to be run legally.â€

The club initially closed for a month in February 2003 after undercover cops reportedly posed as clubbers and bought various drugs, prompting the club’s website to issue a stark warning at the time to revellers to be careful about their ‘friends’.

“You may think you buy, sell or use drugs together with impunity, you may dance this night away feeling safe in each other's company,†the site said. “But think again, your friend may be an undercover policeman.â€

Oh this is defiantly where i would invest my money :no:Why would anyone have any interest in that space so soon after all this went down :hung: and to start the same type of club.

You got NERVE kiddo goodthing jUNioR aint got a trademark on that qoute..that qoute minus the JP was around long before JP, and around before you even started going clubbing prob..if you been around clubbing since 1990 like my old azz and you think that SF is the house JP built ,well than your just plain retarded :screwy:

SF...the house that JP built

There is really only one legendary Sound Factory and that is the Original Sound Factory located on 27th Street, and that House was built by Junior Vasquez. As simple as that.

Then, there is this other place uptown that took the name Sound Factory and catered to guidos mostly.

There is absolutely no comparisons. The first one was fierce, the second doesn't even know what that means. End of story.

How about the house that the owners built cause without their decisions none of it never would of happend.

A certain series of events had to happen for THIS WHOLE DEAL to go down. There were many people involved...Yes...Junior did make it that special place. Not gonna deny that. The man is a NY Legend. And sorry to have to awaken some of you....JP is too (whether you like it or not).

Then, there is this other place uptown that took the name Sound Factory and catered to guidos mostly.

I hate to be pessimistic, but the new club that opens in the old SF space is likely to attract many of the same crackheads and guidos who went there before.

How about the house that the owners built cause without their decisions none of it never would of happend.

Junior was not only the dj there, he is also at the origin of the deal to get the physical space and transform it: from an empty warehouse to one of the few nyc lengendary club that defined an era. This club was his vision from start to legend.

when people say 'the house that junior built' they mean it in every sense of the word. let's give credit where credit is due.

Junior was not only the dj there, he is also at the origin of the deal to get the physical space and transform it: from an empty warehouse to one of the few nyc lengendary club that defined an era. This club was his vision from start to legend.

when people say 'the house that junior built' they mean it in every sense of the word. let's give credit where credit is due.

Right on Point! and they can say whatever they want but credit is do where credit is do!!i liked the 46th st space im excited to see what they will do with it who knows.hey its another big club :letsgo:

Junior did make it that special place. Not gonna deny that. The man is a NY Legend. And sorry to have to awaken some of you....JP is too (whether you like it or not).

re: JP is a NY Legend [see cuntolympia post :)]

Junior is a NY legend and a House Music legend (mostly due to his SF days).

A certain series of events had to happen for THIS WHOLE DEAL to go down. There were many people involved...Yes...Junior did make it that special place. Not gonna deny that. The man is a NY Legend. And sorry to have to awaken some of you....JP is too (whether you like it or not).

:hung:

a BRIDGE N TUNNEL LEGEND

NEVER

a NYC Legend.... :hung:

Honestly i dont give a shit about any other SOUNDFACTORY that came before...I went to the one on 46th street where JP was resident and had a great time each and every time I went....Thats the club that got me into the scene, sounded the best, and played some of the best beats in the city during its time...When it reopens Im sure whoever takes over will be one of the top DJ's in the city just like JP was when he was there...Not saying that JP isnt one of the best in the city NOW...If JP goes back to his home on 46th street he will be the BEST, HATE it or NOT he will FILL, and REFILL that club inside, and out..Hes a Hustler, ask about P....