Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Re-Opens, from NYDN

Honestly i dont give a shit about any other SOUNDFACTORY that came before...I went to the one on 46th street where JP was resident and had a great time each and every time I went....Thats the club that got me into the scene, sounded the best, and played some of the best beats in the city during its time...When it reopens Im sure whoever takes over will be one of the top DJ's in the city just like JP was when he was there...Not saying that JP isnt one of the best in the city NOW...If JP goes back to his home on 46th street he will be the BEST, HATE it or NOT he will FILL, and REFILL that club inside, and out..Hes a Hustler, ask about P....

I have been posting on messageboards for about 5 years. I've seen some stupid posts. But you my friend, take the fuckin stupid cookie. To disregard what J.R. did on 27th street shows that you have a lack of respect for the underground. Me personally I dont like JR, I think he is fuckin drama queen that lets his ego go before his music. However, the man pioneered house music ( Larry Levan, yes I know silverbull) and clubbing as it is today. S.F.(46th) was an awsome venue. I used to go there after vinyl and arc when I was really cracked out. But it has nothing on the first SF. Also Dean is going to get a restraining order on JP, he wont be allowed within 5 blocks of that club. JP's popularity will only ween, no space is going to touch his ass ( with the exeption of Exit, and who the fuck wants to go there?) BTW JP the best, not a fucking chance most of his fans will tell you that Danny Tenaglia is the best New York DJ during our era. Because Danny can pack Space in Ibiza, Space In Miami, Heaven in London, Zouk in Singapore, Ruby Skye in San Fran.

JP couldnt pack your fudge.

EDIT:

Jonathan Peters is the best DJ....

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!

Factory 46th 98-early 99 you have to give it props! There were some really amazing parties there. WTF happened :screwy:

It became more about the drugs. Music was still important, but when you have management involved in peddling the drugs, of course you are going to attract more degenerates. The crowds in SF's last few years were terrible and helped destroy that place. JP falling off and doing his marathon sets didn't help either.

BTW Copa, the best beats and some of the most legendary parties of that era (Juniorverse, Sasha/Digweed, Digweed/Tenaglia, Cox/Tenaglia, Hawtin/Cox) were held at Twilo, not SF.

Factory 46th 98-early 99 you have to give it props! There were some really amazing parties there. WTF happened :screwy:

Your right, There was a HUGE buzz about that new building, and i even remember the pics that were floating around clubnyc.com The before and after pics of all the construction they did in there, It deff was the Club construction of the late 90's Not Even CLUB USA had such a hype about what it would look like inside...Then news hit that Grant was not gonna have Jr Follow Up town, and The Buzz got even bigger! People were pissed! Dissed the space left n right, But at the same time we all knew some 10mill in Renovations Turned some Empty Warehouse on the west side into a multi level Playground with a Dance floor that was Hyped up as the "LARGEST" Dance floor in NY...Well the place was a semi let Down, people Expected The space to hold atleast 7-8k People, (This was When Big rooms Were Almost completly over in NY) and everyone was Wishing this would be the next big thing, Well For a Year it had Great partys! and a Tight tight Door, a Year later, it got more loose, Richard Saw the backlash of the @W27th Street kid's who kept his downtown space alive.....So he started Doing PR flyer work in The hampton's, Then alot of LI, THEN NJ! Before you knew it, it was a Guido Bimbo PArty! and u had to have huge arm's or Big fake ass Tit's, to get in!...................THEN The Queens Slowly Got turned off by this New "Crowd" (YES SF WAS GAY) haha... And then 99-0?.... was the JP party's alot of you Scream about on here! : HA, But it was allready kinda over by then.... THEN, Push the hours later n later, Till soon the club Booms till like 10pm the next day and Well u have a Crack house, Filled with all the wrong element's/People/ And then BOOM!! the NYPD pad locks it... :arrow:

Your right, There was a HUGE buzz about that new building, and i even remember the pics that were floating around clubnyc.com The before and after pics of all the construction they did in there, It deff was the Club construction of the late 90's Not Even CLUB USA had such a hype about what it would look like inside...Then news hit that Grant was not gonna have Jr Follow Up town, and The Buzz got even bigger! People were pissed! Dissed the space left n right, But at the same time we all knew some 10mill in Renovations Turned some Empty Warehouse on the west side into a multi level Playground with a Dance floor that was Hyped up as the "LARGEST" Dance floor in NY...Well the place was a semi let Down, people Expected The space to hold atleast 7-8k People, (This was When Big rooms Were Almost completly over in NY) and everyone was Wishing this would be the next big thing, Well For a Year it had Great partys! and a Tight tight Door, a Year later, it got more loose, Richard Saw the backlash of the @W27th Street kid's who kept his downtown space alive.....So he started Doing PR flyer work in The hampton's, Then alot of LI, THEN NJ! Before you knew it, it was a Guido Bimbo PArty! and u had to have huge arm's or Big fake ass Tit's, to get in!...................THEN The Queens Slowly Got turned off by this New "Crowd" (YES SF WAS GAY) haha... And then 99-0?.... was the JP party's alot of you Scream about on here! : HA, But it was allready kinda over by then.... THEN, Push the hours later n later, Till soon the club Booms till like 10pm the next day and Well u have a Crack house, Filled with all the wrong element's/People/ And then BOOM!! the NYPD pad locks it... :arrow:

:werd:

THEN, Push the hours later n later, Till soon the club Booms till like 10pm the next day and Well u have a Crack house, Filled with all the wrong element's/People/ And then BOOM!! the NYPD pad locks it... :arrow:

LOL so true.

Yea I did disregard what Junior did before SOUNDFACTORY on 46th only because I didnt live during that era...If I would have lived during that time I probably would have commented differently...As for your comment on respect for the underground I do respect dj's for their work if I have a good time when I hear them spin, or if they produce great tracks that I dont get sik of hearing over and over again...I go to clubs to dance, meet people, and have a good time...I dont study the trends of the NYC club scene nor do I care who pioneered music in the city before i started going out...DJ's want to make people dance, feel good, and throw huge parties, thats their job...I respect all dj's because it is a hard job and you cant always please everybody..Bottom line is you wont get me to give props to dj's I didnt hear live, or dj's that dont mix the types of music that I like..Call it disrespect if you want but I dont need to know the history of the clubscene in order to appreciate what Im expieriencing now..The music is here now, theres great dj's in NYC, and the scene isnt going anywhere anytime soon...O yea and since you brought up DANNY TENAGLIA hes the best hands down in NYC...I said that JP was the best IN SOUNDFACTORYwhen he was there....

This was in the paper a few weeks ago... I had entered it on the other rumors of SF thread somewhere here in the NY boards.

Instead of living on what something was. Why don't you all open yourselves to what is to come...

So many people in this city are stuck on the past. And leave little hope for futures because people are so stuck on old memories.

It's a new time in NYC. A ton of things have changed since TWILO, SOUNDFACTORY 27th Street, The TUNNEL, PALLADIUM, Etc.. Etc... The vibes, the parties, drugs, musical tastes for some. It has all changed.

A word to many people. There was a time when you liked a certain type of music. So why critique what others think is good music. We were all young, and we all had a first experience, we all had a time when harder faster music was our thing and getting fucked up was second nature. It all depends on who introduced you to the scene and the type of music that turned you onto the scene. Then you grow a little older and get introduced to new things, new meanings, new tastes, new crowds, etc... So before you pass judgement onto the younger "newbies" give them a chance. I sound like an old man. But teach instead of abuse. It will make the nightlife here much better and less dramatized.

Why I posted I have no clue. Don't carry much of a club life anymore. But will always listen to the music and follow what is going on. Sometimes life just doesn't permit certain things at some point in time.

Anyway that is all I have to say. Abuse my post if you wish. Compliment it if you wish. Share your opinion if you wish. We all know there are haters here as well as open minded people who see others point of views... So have fun. Maybe the new space will bring another great addition to the city.

Instead of living on what something was. Why don't you all open yourselves to what is to come...

knowing your history and being open to what's going on today are not mutually exclusive.

this thread started because someone posted a completely false comment about the sound factory. should we just let it be unanswered? I don't think so.

Peace.

backupqueen.

knowing your history and being open to what's going on today are not mutually exclusive.

this thread started because someone posted a completely false comment about the sound factory. should we just let it be unanswered? I don't think so.

Peace.

backupqueen.

I didn't really bring this up because of this thread so much.

Not saying to close out the past. I am just saying people should stop expecting the past. And accept and enjoy what is to come.

I will never let go of my past experiences from Mid to late 90's, 2000 But when I have the opertunity to go out these days knowing that any after hours parties that I can get to is Very Rare I go to enjoy the company I am with and the party I am attending and the DJ that I went out to see.

And the honest point I am really trying to get across. Is to remember where we have all been at one time in our lives. Remember the first time we experienced the nightlife, the things we were doing at the time. And sometimes you would realize that what you criticize about someone else is often being hypocritical because at one time or another many of us were there.

I am not pointing a single person out... I just think it happens all to often.

And just to clear... I was not talking about the Orig. SOUNDFACTORY and the one on 46th. 2 different places with 2 different histories with their own legends. So by no means when I listed all the clubs above was I refering to that. Just peoples general comparison to old and new. Yeah their not the same. They will never be the same. So why waste energy on comparing then and now and basing your experiences now on what was then.

Peace.

backupqueen.

maybe the comment I made was false in your eyes and I don't mean to get your panties all in a bunch but I hate to break it to you, Junior can't even carry JP's records when it comes to who is a more legendary NY dj and who has done more for the scene :laugh:

Peace.

nomembername

maybe the comment I made was false in your eyes and I don't mean to get your panties all in a bunch but I hate to break it to you, Junior can't even carry JP's records when it comes to who is a more legendary NY dj and who has done more for the scene :laugh:

Peace.

nomembername

that comment was even dumber than your 1st.. :jerkoff:

the way i've always looked at it was sf on 27th and sf on 46th were two totally separate clubs and might as well have had different names.

totally different scenes, music, crowds, vibe - never mind the actual space itself.

sf circa 1997 up at 46th street was def wild.

i'm not comparing it to 27th st b/c there's no reason to compare apples to oranges.

but at that time, it was like no other club around.

limelight was done. the tunnle was on its last legs.

nobody had parties like that. one thing, that i don't think you'll find much opposing argument for, is that richard grant knows how to throw a party.

most people, especially members of this board were way too young to go to the original sf. so sf part deux is all they know.

in fact, i think there's a lot of kids on here that prob missed out on sf all together b/c they're too young.

it's not their fault, in fact, i'm jealous - i'd trade in my club experiences, to be 21 again, lol

for those of you who were lucky enough to experience and be part of that time and that culture, remember it fondly. i know i do.

for those of you who were too young to take part, it's nothing short of ignorant to criticize something that you never experinced yourself.

just like your own experiences, you could try and articulate them, but it doesn't compare to what it was like to actually be there.

so when us old folk spin yards about yester-year, relax with the whole, "well jp is better, dt is better"

forget better, take it all individually and stop trying to compare b/c it just can't be done.

now not to contradict my last statement but if you did want to try and compare, or contrast as the case may be, here's my take on the differences between the 2 sf's.

one was a party with good music where there happen to be drugs.

the other was a party with good drugs where there happen to be music.