Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vegas' Next New Hotspot!

lalate

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tao is Venetian and comes from NYC.

However, its format follows a style that is extremely successful in Los Angeles, just on a larger scale - extremely upscale dining fused with a nightlfe experience. The venue will be huge (over 20K sq feet) and yes, which we predict may become one of Vegas next #1 venues. Opening (tent.) for September. Visiting in Sept? :type:

TAO NYC isnt a Nightclub though its a resturaunt bar two floors asian infused Over priced definately trendy tourist trap two floor Buddah against one wall of the place. I always find when a place trys to become a nightclub it fails miserably because it has no prior experience at it stick at doing what you do well food and drinks IMO.

TAO NYC isnt a Nightclub though its a resturaunt bar two floors asian infused Over priced definately trendy tourist trap two floor Buddah against one wall of the place. I always find when a place trys to become a nightclub it fails miserably because it has no prior experience at it stick at doing what you do well food and drinks IMO.

Time will tell.

From the pictures of Tao NYC and Vegas... it's basically the exact same place as the Buddha Bar in Paris. I went there many times back in 2000-2001.

The concept worked great over there. They had DJ's that played house on the upstairs balcony-like bar level that they treated more like an ultra lounge. Great times. They never made the main floor into a club (probably due to the fact that a dinner in France can take like 3 hrs) but the layout screamed nightclub.

The owners of Tao have partnered with the Owners of Marquee in NYC. Considering the fact that Marquee has been the hottest club in Manhattan for 3 years, There is a TON of experience. Tao should be the real deal.

Marquee is awesome, but if they run it like Marquee....no one will get in unless you're:

A. Famous

B. Buying two bottles

C. there on a completely off night

Every time Ive gone its been great but the bouncers are impossible and obnoxious.

Tao here (NYC) is not that great...

Marquee is awesome, but if they run it like Marquee....no one will get in unless you're:

A. Famous

B. Buying two bottles

Every time Ive gone its been great but the bouncers are impossible and obnoxious.

Tao here (NYC) is not that great...

or

D. :type: <<

:D

The owners of Tao have partnered with the Owners of Marquee in NYC. Considering the fact that Marquee has been the hottest club in Manhattan for 3 years, There is a TON of experience. Tao should be the real deal.

Honestly Marquee being the hottest club in NYC is VERY debatable just because they dont let anyone in the place and cater to an uptight over priced bottle drinking crowd doesnt make it the hottest place i am sure the owners of Crobar in NYC are quite happy with the constant huge lines week in and week out with the best international and local talent ...there have been many nights you walk into Marquee and the place is dead physically and musically and spiritually

A. Famous

B. Buying two bottles

They wouldn't get away with a door policy like that here. They'd be empty, and Venetian mgmt. would rip them a new one.

• 4 weeks later...
Honestly Marquee being the hottest club in NYC is VERY debatable just because they dont let anyone in the place and cater to an uptight over priced bottle drinking crowd doesnt make it the hottest place i am sure the owners of Crobar in NYC are quite happy with the constant huge lines week in and week out with the best international and local talent ...there have been many nights you walk into Marquee and the place is dead physically and musically and spiritually

Not to burst your bubble, but most of the hotspots here in town cater to bottle service. Body English, Pure, Light the list goes on. But you'll never call Body English or Pure dead physically or musically.

7pm-??? 9/22 Soft Opening for press and invites. Open Bar, you know I'll be there. I believe the following Fri is the Janet Jackson party. Not sure if she bought it out or if she is performing.

Dunno if it JJ was to be said publically but since its been raised ... Bday w/ J Dupree, and neither.