Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Techincal DJ.......?

on a night in / night out scale, hands down Louie Vega is PERFECT. if you've ever had the pleasure of hearing Kenny Dope - he's not too far behind.

his music is not neccessarily my type - but Carl Cox is just striaght up nasty. probably one of the hardest working djs you'll get too see.

may sound like an easy one but Danny Tenaglia on his good days can be flawless... than again his off days are just that - OFF.

Todd Terry is an animal but he loses a few points for playing ONLY his productions.

Spinning tech is just so much different than house, and Cox is insane and ripping through records.

Bad Boy Bill deserves a place in this discussion but for me it's Digweed, even if you are trying to stand there and trainspot his mixes it's nutz how seamlessly the guy builds a room.

I think it would be a shorter list if we listed who wasnt good at tech skills. I mean any big top 100 DJ is gonna have sick tech skills. I mean go to thedjlist.com, look at the top 100 and name someone who has crap tech skills. No one. Some may be better than other, but they are all the best in the world. Thats y they get paid the big bucks.

I think it would be a shorter list if we listed who wasnt good at tech skills. I mean any big top 100 DJ is gonna have sick tech skills. I mean go to thedjlist.com, look at the top 100 and name someone who has crap tech skills. No one. Some may be better than other, but they are all the best in the world. Thats y they get paid the big bucks.

not 100% true. tiesto is # 1, but his mixing blows.

lawler's mixing is tight as hell. cox is a maniac. zabiela is prolly the sickest ive actually seen live. i dont dig his style that much but his skills are nuts

I don't really think Zabiela is a great technical dj. He can work FX and scratch a bit for a techno guy, but his actual mixing isn't better than everyone else's. I've heard a few of his mixes recently where half the mixes aren't really even mixes. More just a really long effect that he brings in and then just fades or slams the next song in after. No real technical mixing though.

Digweed is the man though, and who can forget Satoshi.