Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl COX / CALDERONE reviews?!?

interesting comments!! i am just wondering what "crowd" are you talking about?? and cox has been doing his mic thing for years:what: :confused:

he was referring to the "guido-esque" crowd which attracts the best looking girls..i think you are a part of that crowd so he was indirectly offending you.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was referring to the "guido-esque" crowd which attracts the best looking girls..i think you are a part of that crowd so he was indirectly offending you.

LOL!! thats what i thought he ment... thats a shame cause i bet if i met him he may change his outlook on the guido thing!! granted i am a fist pumping,wristband wearing, dancing maniac!!!LOL!! but im not a douche like most off them!! LOL!! this shit is getting good!! actually the crowd i thought was def. not the norm... alot more girls came out.. and def. a more gay crowd when vic came on... i had a great time!!!!!

Carmine,

pay mr silverbull no mind...according to him, only the parties he goes to, the crowd he hangs out with and the clothes he wears are "normal" or fit in to "the scene"

kid's the biggest hypocrit on here...he claims to be all about the music yet is always throwing out dumb remarks towards a "certain" crowd, etc...

and his response will be something like, "sorry I don't mean to come off that way. If people are having fun than more power to them. It's just not my scene"

So has victors party been overrun by a certain crowd like all the other good djs crowd that get ruined, or is it still gay. Still remember how great centro fly was when cox played there. Didnt feel the same way bout him at avalon, seems like everyone had fun, so thats good. Seems like everyone is talking on the mic these days after learning from danny t huh.

Definetely had tons of fun. Though not sure I agree with your statement about "talking on the mic these days after learning from Danny T" I love Carl and Danny, but I would say that each owns their mic talking rights, they've both been doing it for awhile.

Carmine,

pay mr silverbull no mind...according to him, only the parties he goes to, the crowd he hangs out with and the clothes he wears are "normal" or fit in to "the scene"

kid's the biggest hypocrit on here...he claims to be all about the music yet is always throwing out dumb remarks towards a "certain" crowd, etc...

and his response will be something like, "sorry I don't mean to come off that way. If people are having fun than more power to them. It's just not my scene"

i definately think he is a hypocrite.. i think the best parties are those that DONT discriminate and are a healthy mix of all crowds. If you claim to be about the music - you must remember that music has NO dress code or designated look.

I wish people like silverbull would be less dense and actually be open-minded.. i chilled with many fist pumping guidos and have had great times.. i think that people like silverbull feel threatened by good looking people..

carmine, its good to know you had a good time...

dont let close minded people like silverbull get to you

It was wayyyyyyy too packed anytime before 8 am. 100's of people were stuck right in front of that tunnel entrance area..no one could move and then all the guido juice heads started pushing and shoving...one word SCARRY!

No room for dancing or breathing for that matter.

Music was good. Cox is an entertaining DJ...in a novelty kind of way. (ie: Metallica..ect) V.C. got the vibe going by around 8am till...

Crowd @ Crobar 75% Guidos -25% Chicks

Crowd improved in the morning /afternoon.

Cox / Calderone: both are great talents but the transition was ruff. I've enjoyed other Evolve Parties more, when the early DJ is more in sync with Victor.

its because u r that big juicehead guido...ur just amongst ur own kind

not at all..

im there strictly for the music and i dont dress like a guido at all (you should know this)

I think Silverbull is just one of those people who try to hard to be "different" and calls the rest of us "sheep"

i think you just hit the nail on the coffin..

100% right

its because u r that big juicehead guido...ur just amongst ur own kind

everyone knows Ante is naturally big...and he DEF doesnt dress like a guido, esp in those bright colors like yellow and orange

I dont why anyone would have anything against 'guidos', the crowd on the dancefloor, to me was mostly european and asian, those who are more familiar with CC, who want to experience the music and dance all night...however, the Jersey crowd, which shows up for afterhours, do just the opposite; hang out in VIP, chillen, tryin to pick up girls, beleive me, they are staying far away from the BO stench that reaks on the dancefloor around 6am and so do the girls

the girls do frequent the danclefloor to check out the cutey dancers, but at 6am for VC, chances are they are gay, not that there is anything wrong with that, just dissappointing

everyone knows Ante is naturally big...and he DEF doesnt dress like a guido, esp in those bright colors like yellow and orange

I dont why anyone would have anything against 'guidos', the crowd on the dancefloor, to me was mostly european and asian, those who are more familiar with CC, who want to experience the music and dance all night...however, the Jersey crowd, which shows up for afterhours, do just the opposite; hang out in VIP, chillen, tryin to pick up girls, beleive me, they are staying far away from the BO stench that reaks on the dancefloor around 6am and so do the girls

the girls do frequent the danclefloor to check out the cutey dancers, but at 6am for VC, chances are they are gay, not that there is anything wrong with that, just dissappointing

:love:

the music was superb. a sizeable percentage of the males during cox were objectionable. guidos/jerseyites/meatheads is how they are commonly described/labelled.

for whatever reason there were more attractive girls there than crobar usually draws. spirit almost never draws that attractive a female population.

cox was excellent and more. was it his best nyc set? certainly not. he used to play 6-8 hours at twilo at least 6 times yearly and sometimes 8-10 times a year. and his Seaport rave set, for those who braved the rain & the rest, was super-funky too.

hes played hard the last 3 nyc sets, avalon & 2 crobar, call it hard techno or hard tech-house. its the hard stuff.

but on balance, musically & vibe wise, his set on saturday was his best in nyc since at least 2003.

it WAS too crowded, and the guidos were really obnoxious. but all things considered i gave the night a very positive recview, as described a few pages back.

when coxy returns, I will certainly be there.

nowadays he plays 3-4 hour sets.

if made can book him again, maybe they can sign coxy up for another 6 hour marathon.

or maybe crobar can book cox for a sepcial event for a 6-8 hour set.

or maybe crobar or made can give us coxy vs DT 1 more time.