Clubplanet Nightlife Community

your dj of 05

moe03

Who do you think was the best overall DJ of 2005? Don't give me a magazine's list or your top ten or your fave DJ ten years ago. Just plain and simple, based on you hearing him personally this year, buying her new CD, travelling abroad, being consistent, the whole package.

I haven't been going out too much lately and so, I'm kind of out of the loop to the week in/week out parties. I know there's a huge list everyone can give but again, just narrow it down to one.

Mine is simply because I actually heard him and waited two freakin hours in line for him was good ole' Sasha. Yes he is a big name DJ but he's done a lot this year. He had a six month residency at Crobar, he started mixing with his Ableton board, he put out a new CD (which I've yet to hear), and he continues to push the envelope of EDM. Hell, Trance is not even my forte but again, he plays Trance, House, Progressive, and Breaks (which I don't particularly care for).

Sasha is numero uno for me for 2005.

I have heard many "big name djs" this year... i cant speak for any underground talent..... but i would have to say sander k!! the vibe of his shows is always excellant and his track selection and the way he works the crowd i feel was top notch for me at least....

I have heard many "big name djs" this year... i cant speak for any underground talent..... but i would have to say sander k!! the vibe of his shows is always excellant and his track selection and the way he works the crowd i feel was top notch for me at least....

I agree w/ you 100%. His "Everybody" residency at Crobar has been my favorite ongoing party for 2005. His residency will continue in 2006 as well. I really dig his mix of funky, progressive house beats, not to mention the fact that he uses the Pioneer DVJ-X1 to combine audio and visual content together. He has teamed up w/ some great openers such as Demi and Fanciulli. I can honestly say that I've never been disappointed at one of his parties. Also, his new CD w/ Lee Burridge is excellent. Can't wait for his first party of '06!

nick warren...the man is incredible...every time i've seen him it's been such a unique sound....great trance if that's what you want to call it...doesn't pierce your ears like tiesto, pvd, etc etc...he tore the roof off in cavo paradiso mykonos this past summer...close second digweed...the man enver ceases to amaze me and is always playing the newest tracks wayyyyyy b4 anyone else

Like I said James Zabiela got my vote.

Sasha was on fire as well this year.

Desyn Masiello too!

Sander Kleinenberg is my favorite DJ but by no means was he the best of 05.

I know Danny Tenaglia has alot of fans I am not one (Anymore).

But he really only played a few dates this year, and he did not release a single track production wise this year. The last time I heared him spin I found it to be stale, mono, and his music selection tired.

I have to admit that I didn't get a chance to hear Sander or Sasha this year due to conflicting gigs when I wanted to catch them out. Out of everybody that I did get a chance to hear this year it is a hard choice. I will say that Morillo never dissapoints even though he has gotten all "Big Room" style on me lately. I miss the funky Morillo, unfortunately he only plays that way overseas.

Also Sandy Rivera made me love House music more than I already did when I saw him in Jersey a few weeks ago. He was out of control in Miami during the Defected Party, but he completely sealed the deal at Deko. I recomend checking him out if he ever comes back.

I know I was only supposed to pick one but, that's way too hard......

nick warren...the man is incredible...every time i've seen him it's been such a unique sound....great trance if that's what you want to call it...doesn't pierce your ears like tiesto, pvd, etc etc...he tore the roof off in cavo paradiso mykonos this past summer...close second digweed...the man enver ceases to amaze me and is always playing the newest tracks wayyyyyy b4 anyone else