Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha Review

yea so got there at 4:30 am and fucking packed as usuall.....as soon as i walked morillo dropped this sick song almost sounded like a fucking shower....cant describe it.....but rest of the night he played kinda techy and very progressive like i would say....def not the best set i heard from him....i think last time he was at pacha on 22nd was much better i think .....and the crowd weird....but at least no lil kiddies.

I was actually extremely disappointed with his set.

Def. not up to par for him. He would get into a nice flow and then totally crap it out. He would be building up a track nicely then cut it and then kick, just losing all the energy.

I dunno...Id say he was 50% this morning. Crowd was actually decent (amazingly).

ok i let me start by saying that in the beggining of phase two and three he was techy through out those and the the middle of phase 4 he just fucking Teared that place a new a hole and then he goes.. "i dont think you guys understand whats about to happen" then from there on it was all fucking bombs. i was running on a monster energy drink i had gotten before walkin right in thank god i didnt have to wait on thet hugee ass line.

There was this one track wich i was going nuts over the one track that someone had mentioned earlier on this thread about it sounding like rain in the background. shit was DOPPEEEE and the one that's still playing in my head is some Banging ass baseline with some sort of guitar riff omgawwd that shit had me bugging the fuck out for 13 mins straight i danced to it lol if anyone! knows the name or has the track listing of the night would reall appreciate it because i have to have that song. ty in advanced!!

shout outs to those go go down in the basement with me ya'll know who ya'll are. 1LLLLLLLLLL

PS: i give this night in general a 10 concidering all the good factors. (The music,the girls,the Sound system,the Dj.)

ok so when i go out to a club i expect to hear tracks i havent been playing for months or even years...ok so its nice to hear a song or two off your cd but come on now...i was there for 7 hours and i only heard a handfull of tracks that havent been played around forever..And what was with all the looping in phase 3 you had to b cracked out to like those teases.

I lov morillo to death and i no he usually plays the same sets where ever he plays but being pacha is his home i expected more for the home team.

way to over packed to actually b able to dance especially with so many jucie stands around...lol

-jen

if u live on longsland and want to dance your ass off and preview tracks that are going to b hot at the wmc..please feel free to message me

I got in around 1230, Morillo was spinning some of the funkiest house Ive ever heard. Tweakin out Precious Love, hitting us with Washing Machine, was fucking sick. I was high as a kite for phase 1 and 2. Phase 3 comes around, and he never turned it over. It was looping and looping and looping and MORE fucking looping. I felt like I was at a JP concert and he was in a huge K hole. Phase 4 came and shit picked back up.

Pros:

Morillo ripped it sick. Place was fucking packed out.

Cons:

Behind the DJ booth and to the right of it was literally fucking Asia. Gave the crowd a weird segregated vibe.

Wish Erick dropped old school bombs like Big Love or some sick funky old shit.

NO ROOM TO FUCKING DANCE.

Phase 1 was cool. Phase 2 picked up a little bit. Then came Phase 3. That one was cool too. Phase 4 came after that and I thought it was wack. Then Phase 5 came along and he tore that shit up. After that, Phase 6 came along and was so so. Then, finally, Phase 7 came and he dropped bomb after bomb. Overall I give Phases 1, 2, 3, and 6 *** out of a possible 5 stars.

Phase 4 * out of 5 stars. And Phase 5 and 7 ***** out of 5 stars.

yea so got there at 4:30 am and fucking packed as usuall.....as soon as i walked morillo dropped this sick song almost sounded like a fucking shower....cant describe it.....but rest of the night he played kinda techy and very progressive like i would say....def not the best set i heard from him....i think last time he was at pacha on 22nd was much better i think .....and the crowd weird....but at least no lil kiddies.

Yea the shower track, I think I know exactly what ur talking about, Howells dropped it, last time, It sounded like a Xylophone to me. It was amazing, Me and my boy just looked at each other and was like WOW!!!!!!

If anybody can ID that one. WOW!!!!

overall I have to say I was a little disappointed in Morillo, but I think it was the afterhours crowd that wrecked it for me more than anything else. I had a blast from about 1-3:30, I didn't think the track selection was anything spectacular but that system is so amazing that everyone was going nuts. My friend had to leave around 3:30 to go to work, but I decided to stay b/c there were some other people I knew and I really wanted to hear Morillo go off. Unfortunately I had to leave at 5:45 b/c I couldn't take dudes grabbing me and offering me bumps, pills, etc. every two seconds. I don't care if you are about to K-hole, have some respect for the ladies! Not to mention that "phase 3" was just really boring.

I saw some girl wearing a shirt that said, "SF: The music will never die." I thought it was kind of cute, but I think it would have been more accurate if it said, "Cracktory: the drugs will never die." Maybe I was just in a bad part of the room, but by 5am I felt like I was the only person who wasn't completely cracked out. I know afterhours tends to be this way, but usually there is at least a lot more room to dance, and people usually tend to do their own thing instead of harassing girls.

Every DJ review, has a handful of people saying the dj was "under par".

wtf...just go out and have fun. Your not performing, your not there playing for hours at a time. Obviously a djs set isnt pre planned(real djs), so some nights are better than others in track selection or flow. But is it really worth mentioning EVERYTIME.

The reality is. Morilo ..sanchez..jp...tiesto and any other big djs are no better than a large handful of locals and other small timers all around the world who have talent but no exposure. These career djs just stepped their game up and were the first generation to be rockstars from djing.

The critical ears do nothing.

Its just a fact.. some nights are better than others.

Just go out..and party with your freinds.

The dj isnt the main focus. He is a factor. But not the purpose.

-jen

if u live on longsland and want to dance your ass off and preview tracks that are going to b hot at the wmc..please feel free to message me

i live in queens but would love to come out and dance my ass off with you to some sick beats...

you have a pic by any chance? shoot me a PM if you'd like ;)

I thought Pacha was bad, I left ay 730. Then I made the mistake of going to Gypsy Tea afterhours for Boris.....You wanna talk about a Crack Den?

I saw a kid G out right next to me and get on his phone to call someone and repeat "BRO, TOO MUCH G BRO TOO MUCH G" about 5 times then pass out with the phone in his hand. His girlfriend comes in, finds him, then goes to get his friends. They come in try to wake him up, and are like, Get him some Tina. So this kid is passed out and they're trying to make im do 2 bumps of Tina off a key. I've never been exposed to that type of shit, especially after it was airplane-like security at the door.

I thought Pacha was bad, I left ay 730. Then I made the mistake of going to Gypsy Tea afterhours for Boris.....You wanna talk about a Crack Den?

I saw a kid G out right next to me and get on his phone to call someone and repeat "BRO, TOO MUCH G BRO TOO MUCH G" about 5 times then pass out with the phone in his hand. His girlfriend comes in, finds him, then goes to get his friends. They come in try to wake him up, and are like, Get him some Tina. So this kid is passed out and they're trying to make im do 2 bumps of Tina off a key. I've never been exposed to that type of shit, especially after it was airplane-like security at the door.

omg..that is so sad. Not to be a drama queen or anything but it really makes me sad that so many people have to be RETARDED to have fun at a club.

Alpha something. 2nd floor they have a clear wall with the two monitors hooked up to the programs they're running, then they show the 40-50 amps as well. Definitely the sickest system in the city. Clear hard hitting bass, and the highs are clean as hell. No bleeding of sound, and my ears rang only a little bit after being there for 8 hours