Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sports Random Thoughts

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AL vs NL case closed

mets are the best they have to offer??

easy tiger..we split subway series games this year..

you didnt question the mets when you lost on saturday..while grant it it was by 11 runs..willie should have taken out soler way earlier like jared was taken out.. in the grand scheme of things..its just a loss

you didnt question the mets when you lost on saturday..while grant it it was by 11 runs..willie should have taken out soler way earlier like jared was taken out.. in the grand scheme of things..its just a loss

ok chief

but my point is that

the NL is a sunday "C" divison softball league at best

and the best of that league just got smoked by the sox and yanks

as well as the rest of the NL

ok chief

but my point is that

the NL is a sunday "C" divison softball league at best

and the best of that league just got smoked by the sox and yanks

as well as the rest of the NL

rest of the NL? how so?

teams have losing steaks.. you should know all about that..you had a 4 game losing steak in the playoffs two years ago against the red sox..

regardless of last night, weve been a better team than you all season so far and there is no way to deny that..

you're usually pretty good for a yankee fan but today you are coming across like the ny version of phil-r

rest of the NL? how so?

teams have losing steaks.. you should know all about that..you have a 4 games losing steak in the playoffs two years ago..

regardless of last night, weve been a better team than you all season so far and there is no way to deny that

rest of the NL??

The NL has been O W N E D by the AL in interleague play

and its no secret that the AL is a better league ,team for team ,vison for division.

ouch that really hurts bringing up 2 yrs ago

im sorry remind me again the last time you were in the post season?

and yes your METS are 2 whole games better in the win column in a much easier league than the yanks.

be proud

rest of the NL??

The NL has been O W N E D by the AL in interleague play

and its no secret that the AL is a better league ,team for team ,vison for division.

ouch that really hurts bringing up 2 yrs ago

im sorry remind me again the last time you were in the post season?

and yes your METS are 2 whole games better in the win column in a much easier league than the yanks.

be proud

we are better.. thought so..

:updown:

Hmm.. so I can't help but wonder why Mike Mussina didn't make the All-Star team this year..

:confused: :confused:

outside of the glaring obvious that he should be there over the KC royals mandatory pick mark redman ( they really should do away with that rule every team gets a rep) The other pitchers all deserve and have right araound same #s as Moose. And you know Ozzie is gonna take Jenks /buerhle over mussina.

besides it gives Mike more time to promote his new movie

outside of the glaring obvious that he should be there over the KC royals mandatory pick mark redman ( they really should do away with that rule every team gets a rep) The other pitchers all deserve and have right araound same #s as Moose. And you know Ozzie is gonna take Jenks /buerhle over mussina.

besides it gives Mike more time to promote his new movie

a lot of pitchers should have made it over redman...A LOT

I think the point is that you and nmn built up these two series against Boston and the Yankees and fell flat on your face. These two series against the AL were huge for the Mets because it kind of guages where you stand against the AL's best (even though the Yankees arent). And now you're downplaying it as just another loss. LOL ok np.

It's a good thing you play in the division that you do because if you didnt youd be in alot of trouble. Pedro is breaking down and you dont have a 3 starter. You better hope Pelfrey can come up and pitch well.

btw, are you really trying to argue this AL v. NL issue? The record the NL has against the AL is embarrassing. I think even the Royals have a winning record against the NL.

rest of the NL? how so?

teams have losing steaks.. you should know all about that..you had a 4 game losing steak in the playoffs two years ago against the red sox..

regardless of last night, weve been a better team than you all season so far and there is no way to deny that..

you're usually pretty good for a yankee fan but today you are coming across like the ny version of phil-r

damn youre right. a 4 game losing streak 2 years ago. How can we argue against that?

Is that like your default argument against all Yankee fans now? Why can't you talk about what happened last week with your team? You talked alot of shit, hyped up your team with ridiculous remarks and failed to deliver. And now you cop out by saying "its just another loss" wow man

Also, what does you being a better team all season have to do with anything? Again, trying to manipulate the argument toward something else. Tell us your thoughts concerning what happened against the Yankees and Boston. 2 of those games were fucking routs. You got destroyed and ridiculed. What happened? Are we(AL) really that much better than you?

I think the point is that you and nmn built up these two series against Boston and the Yankees and fell flat on your face. These two series against the AL were huge for the Mets because it kind of guages where you stand against the AL's best (even though the Yankees arent). And now you're downplaying it as just another loss. LOL ok np.

It's a good thing you play in the division that you do because if you didnt youd be in alot of trouble. Pedro is breaking down and you dont have a 3 starter. You better hope Pelfrey can come up and pitch well.

btw, are you really trying to argue this AL v. NL issue? The record the NL has against the AL is embarrassing. I think even the Royals have a winning record against the NL.

I never built up anything..i hardly talked about except when i stated we would sweep the redsox (that was just to get on jonstephens nerves).. i would worry about your own breaking down issues..

and btw, mets are 6 - 9 and yankees are 10 - 8 in interleague play..4 more wins (with us playing 3 less)

Bottom line is that we will most likely be there in October while chances are you wont

I like how all Mets fans are crying now because allegedly AROD "showed them up" shut the fuck already. The guy had a big week with a walkoff HR and a go-ahead grand slam against the Mets.

LoDuca is a fucking scrub. Does he really think AROD was trying to show up Alay fucking Soler? Who the fuck is that anyway?

LOL. Actually I hope he was doing just that. And I was praying he could hit another one when it was 16-whatever so he could do it again.

Your town? lololololololol Right. I'm sure NY'ers don't appreciate their "team" getting ass-fucked by such a hated rival.

damn youre right. a 4 game losing streak 2 years ago. How can we argue against that?

Is that like your default argument against all Yankee fans now? Why can't you talk about what happened last week with your team? You talked alot of shit, hyped up your team with ridiculous remarks and failed to deliver. And now you cop out by saying "its just another loss" wow man

Also, what does you being a better team all season have to do with anything? Again, trying to manipulate the argument toward something else. Tell us your thoughts concerning what happened against the Yankees and Boston. 2 of those games were fucking routs. You got destroyed and ridiculed. What happened? Are we(AL) really that much better than you?

boston has nothing to do with this.. last i checked we tied the series with 3 games a piece so i guess that makes us tied

I never built up anything..i hardly talked about except when i stated we would sweep the redsox (that was just to get on jonstephens nerves).. i would worry about your own breaking down issues..

and btw, mets are 6 - 9 and yankees are 10 - 8 in interleague play..4 more wins (with us playing 3 less)

Bottom line is that we will most likely be there in October while chances are you wont

Oh ok so when you say something like that it's just to playfully get on someone elses nerves. It's never serious. Got it.

I'm also not worrying about your issues. I'm pointing them out. Do you realize how poorly you hit against our anemic bullpen? But I guess I won't worry about it.

Thank you for providing interleague stats and further proving my point. The Mets are supposed to be the best team in the NL and yet sport a 6-9 record.

You'll be there in October? Good for you. It's about time your team starts DOING it rather than just fucking saying it every year.

Just curious how you think you're going to the WS with your rotation though.

boston has nothing to do with this.. last i checked we tied the series with 3 games a piece so i guess that makes us tied

Yes it does. That's where my argument stems from. Boston is one of the best teams in the AL. And they flat out raped you. Actually, what's a stronger word than rape? Sodomize? with a plunger. idk, whatever it is they did it to you.