Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Cielo that hot of a club?

Hello everyone, I heard so much about this club Cielo in the MeatPacking that I am dying to go but i heard to you either have to be extremely good lucking or a VIP to get in...is that true? I was recently in another supossed to be hot spot in PM (my friend new the bouncer, that is how we got in) and it was nothing out of the ordinary, plus the music was really bad...I am into House...so is Cielo the hot place to be? What are the chances of getting in if you go clubbing by yourself? Most of my friends dont share my music interest so i am forced to start doing the solo thing...how weird is taht? will i have fun? All i wanna do is go wild dancing and if lucky meet some interesting girls...well anyway...i am new in this forum so if anyone can give good info and other hot spots for house and techno music in NYC i will really appreciate!!!!

yes cielo is really nice - great music, lighting is awesome....i saw waxman there back in the winter and i had a great time :) there are lots of model/fashionistas there but everyone is really chill and not stuck up at all.....def check it out!

Guest onisakura

Cielo is my fav spot. I go on mondays or thursdays, mondays is Francois K. This month, thursdays are outta hand, tomorrow Bugz in the Attic, then the 8th Layo & Bushwacka, the 15th DJ Heather & Collette, the 29th Behrouz. The sound in there is simply amazing one of my 2 favs in the city (the other is Love). Like Bella said, people there are super chill, the crowd is extremely diverse. Only been there once on a sat though.

You'll likely have a difficult time getting in on a weekend, but some of their best parties happen to take place during the week.

I'd def. recommend the Mon. night Deep Space party and also the Wed. night Roots party w/ Louie Vega and Kevin Hedge.

Also, Made is having Steve Lawler on 6/11 which should be a great party as well. I'd suggest buying tix beforehand though.

Have fun!

Try to go on some weekday nights first and let the bouncers recognize your face and be sweet to them and then you will not have problems getting in on the weekends.

Its really nice inside with the lights on the walls...unique and the people are very friendly.

Guest onisakura
You'll likely have a difficult time getting in on a weekend, but some of their best parties happen to take place during the week.

I'd def. recommend the Mon. night Deep Space party and also the Wed. night Roots party w/ Louie Vega and Kevin Hedge.

Also, Made is having Steve Lawler on 6/11 which should be a great party as well. I'd suggest buying tix beforehand though.

Have fun!

Ah yes of course! How could i forget Lawler on the 12th. I'll be there for that too.

KFizzle is right, other than Mondays, the door is a bitch. Get tickets.

Cielo is great...I've only been for big names, but I always have an awesome time there. The crowd is always really friendly, just out to dance and have a good time . The door is tough, but from what I've seen most people get in if you're patient and cool to the bouncers. The sound system is amazing, but not as good as Love.

Cielo is hands down one of my favorite places. It's intelligently designed, books quality talent almost every night of the week & has one of the best sound systems in NYC (funktion-one audio). I am often there on any given night. It's not that hard to get in...it just depends on the night & time that you go & your attitude w/ the staff...Sometimes Thursdays are tough (if they book a big name). If you're going solo, just arrive earlier than later...

Hey,

Now i feel like going...so what can i expect on a weekday...how different is the music in any given day of the week? What day do u recommend if i want to dance to excellent house? by the way is the music more on the european house style? or more on the us side? by the way anyone have any idea if there is gonna be another Ultra Festival in Central Park this year?

if you go Id like to hear your experience at cielo.

their bookings are above average, very tasty.

however their 'models & bottles' policy which I have seen once or twice, can make them as bad as the worst nyc snot clubs.

let me know....

Guest onisakura
dont like lawler anymore

I haven't really liked Lawler for a while now (same thing as morillo) but its been years since i heard him in a small club. Should be interesting to check out.

CIELO is the best club in NYC.

For those who want to go on a sat night i suggest you check out TEDD PATTERSONS monthly VIBAL PARTY. The next one is june 10th. Door can be a bit tough on weekend especially sat nights, but once your inside the music will make it all worth it.

MON nights FRANCOIS K weekly DEEP SPACE party is also an amaziong journey of different types of music. Theres no dress code or attitude just fo and dance.

Wed night LOUIE VEGA and KEVIN HEDGE have their weekly ROOTS party which is an amazing party with great dancers and awesome music. NO dress code or attitude either.

Thurs usually have different things here and there sometime a tough door sometimes a very tough door sometimes no drama at all. Depends whose playing. JUNE 15TH DJ COLETTE and HEATHER will be playnig the beats, and i will see ya there.

FRI nights resident is WILLIE GRAFF but he goes aways for a few months to ibiza and this yr taking voer fri nights will be CHARLES WEBSTER. Sat night also mixes up here and there tedd patterson one sat as well as NICHOLAS MATAR and various others play on sat nights depending on the rotation.

SUN nights is usually a fun night with no dress code or dorr drma, once a month QUENTIN HARRIS has his fresh fruit party as weill as JUNIOR VASQUEZ. Among others.

Have fun when you go and i hope you have a good time. All the best djs in the world play or have played there or are goin to soon. I love that ROGER SANCHEZ playes there 4 times a yr and keeps the party with deephouse/funky old school hosue tunes.

Hey,

Now i feel like going...so what can i expect on a weekday...how different is the music in any given day of the week? What day do u recommend if i want to dance to excellent house? by the way is the music more on the european house style? or more on the us side? by the way anyone have any idea if there is gonna be another Ultra Festival in Central Park this year?

Check the website for their line-ups & then you'll have a better idea of what to expect on any given night...

www.cieloclub.com

Guest onisakura
Changstarr = Atomicapples

fyi

oh and i was waiting for the Bull to chime in this thread...good job :aright:

Apples listens to house? Wow, im actually surprised.