Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York City Wake Up!! I Am So Tired Of Us Supporting The Wrong People!!!

This is an awesome post.

Well especially because I did the downstairs @ Pacha one night when Exacta was there. So many people came up to us saying the only bad thing about the night was the better music was downstairs. I went up and checkedhim out for a while and it was definatly good music which made me feel better the crowd constantly moving downstairs to come here us play.

Dont be fooled. Clubs raise the cover because people pay it. JP is more of a local DJ and how many times was factory 50 bucks to get in. if a club charged 20 bucks a person on the cover, thats 40000 for only 2000 people. Even if the DJ was 15k for the night they still have overage from the door. And clubs arent 20 bucks while there are more than 2000 people at places like pacha and crobar.

wow, Exacta definitely sounds like my style from what you guys are saying. Although there are a TON of people who only go out to see JP, Boris, Calderone, Morillo, etc. every weekend there are some of us who like them but are also always on the lookout for up-and-comers so it's nice to get a heads-up. It is awesome that there is so much talent in NY but sometimes it is just overwhelming so I think a lot of people just stick to what they know instead of checking out DJs they've never heard before.

Ur gay and so is that Dj

stick and stones may break my bones...

GROW THE FUCK UP!

if you can't get past grade school mentality at least come up with something a bit more original.

oh shite i just noticed why u r who u r. you're from NJ! i guess when you're from NJ and so close to the KoolKids of NY then, yeah, you might as well stay in NJ''s grade school mentality section.

What bothers me is the fact that resident djs like myself who have been at a club for years get paid crumbs compared to somebody that comes in for one night and pulls only an extra couple hundred people. Then again I work at a smaller club in ct which probably operates alot different from those nyc mega-clubs. That shit still doesnt seem right to me !!!

NYC is gonna start waking up next saturday....check the MOS party. 4 out of 5 DJ's are from the US. 2 from NYC and 2 from Chi - the 2 pillars of US house music. It's high time the US started punching its weight again internationally. It's no co-incedence that US bred house is suffering , when clubs over here only book the big names that just seem to rotate round the clubs, play the same sets everywhere, dont read the crowd and only attract crowds that wanna sit down and be served at tables all night - where's the 'value' in a $50 party?!?!? For $50 I'd want a room for the night too. What the f*cks that all about? In London people dance til you kick them out - I thought New Yorker's were proper party headz like us brits....?!

NIGHTCLUBS ARE FOR PARTYING AND DANCING. IF YOU WANNA SIT DOWN ALL NIGHT, STAY AT HOME OR GO TO A BAR. IT'S THAT SIMPLE....

MOS was totally based on a NY club and music from the US. And that's why we're here now - to put NY and the US back on the map again, without getting our balls out and showing off - We're just here to work, and let the music speak loudest. There is so much real DJ/Production quality in the US right now and it's not being given a chance – and that’s so sad. At the end of day it's all about the music and if we can inspire DJ's and producers alike in the US, it won’t be too long before everyone else follows suit and gives everyone what they want. The scene doesn't belong to anyone, it belongs to all of us, and it's our responsibility to look after it and push it forward - not see it as a way of making a quick buck. Most clubs in NYC only seem interested in booking local DJ's so they can steal their crowds - not build them up. If we're gonna do something in NY, we have to reflect NY, not ignore it.

In my mind, I think a lot of promoters in NY are too scared to give new talent a chance - or see that they wont make as much money out of it. Then people wonder why everything’s sh*t. It's just like a football team - you can't have your star players playing at their peak for 2 decades. How can a DJ who's the wrong side of 40 really connect with someone who's 20-25? You wouldn't look to a 45 yr old for dress sense, so why do it with music - and pay $50 for the privelege?! That’s in no way disrespecting what earlier DJ’s have a achieved in their careers. It’s just a fact of life – things and time moves on.

We're being brave enough to give the unsung, but top of their game US DJ's a chance, who don’t endlessly play the same old shi*t all night, and brave enough to get the f*ck out of disneyland, sorry Manhattan........we've been watching NY very closely on the ground for the last 3 years, and we ain’t here to make a load of money - it's time for a new era in US house.....

If you wanna join the revolution, RSVP to me via a PM or email paul on pmadgwick@ministryofsound.com for $15 entry.......and see whether we are right or not.....put your money where your mouth is NYC and lets make a difference together....

mosnewyorkfinalfronta527ov.jpg

galapagosmap4hg.png

• 2 months later...
I agree, nyc isn't the musical influence it used to be. I still think that musically it's probably ahead of most places (the first name that comes to my mind is Joe Claussell as both a great original producer and dj, or fk for example: musically it's up UP there).

Now the only thing is, I think everything should be more natural, I don't know if you heard words like 'support the scene' in 1992 when people went to the SF to hear the last DJ Pierre tracks. It's phases, now is a down that's all.

(oh, I know Crobar's not the shit but most of the folks in there think it certainly is).

Peace.

I agree NYC isn't what it use to be. not even a shell of what it once was. It is definatly NOT ahead of most places musically. We may get a lot of the top talent at one or two local places but thats about it.

Look at all the upcoming top DJs being from Europe or other parts of the US. Ny'ers simple do not support thier own. First NYC isnt a house music town anymore. Most people just want to go out and party and hear hip hop unless its a big name coming to town.

It use to be NY'ers led the pack for originality. People always wanted to find the new hot spot before it became hot. Now a place has to be the hot spot before it opens. If a DJ wants to make it the only way he can do it is either spin other places except the hometown NY or hook up with some big promoter who is pulling tons of people and pays DJs next to nothing. People mostly seem to be followers. They just want to follow the crowd to have a good time. They want to see and be seen. They would rather be able to say hello to a bunch of people they really don't know than to be the ones talk talk about this hot new place they found. I have friends who spin and are very good. Thier own friends make excuses and don't go see them usually because some top name DJ is in town. They would rather bail on thier own friends than miss out on "the night".

As far as NY being muscially ahead of places. 5 - 10% of the people who go out are really into the music. The rest go why? because everyone else is.

So any local DJ who wants to make it. Spin somewhere else besides NY.

Is that STIMULUS party still happening?

Here you go next one is sat the 7th in the basement while erick morillo will be int eh main room. And for all stimulus info Music video clips pictures, go to www.myspace.com/stimulusresponsenyc

32057502GETHER(RGB).jpg

Also im starting a new party once a month at love first party will be on thurs OCT 26TH with djs RISSIDIUM, LOLA of stimulus>response, and Exacta. Pm for more info.

This is a great post. Almost like a recruitment thing... only problem is you greatly over estimate what club planet can do. There are 20 clowns that post here daily. 20 people make up less than 1% of any decent sized club crowd. And please spare me the "industry people read this" rap....

keep wasting your time... Ill continue to go hear Boris and be close minded.

NYC is gonna start waking up next saturday....check the MOS party. 4 out of 5 DJ's are from the US. 2 from NYC and 2 from Chi - the 2 pillars of US house music. It's high time the US started punching its weight again internationally. It's no co-incedence that US bred house is suffering , when clubs over here only book the big names that just seem to rotate round the clubs, play the same sets everywhere, dont read the crowd and only attract crowds that wanna sit down and be served at tables all night - where's the 'value' in a $50 party?!?!? For $50 I'd want a room for the night too. What the f*cks that all about? In London people dance til you kick them out - I thought New Yorker's were proper party headz like us brits....?!

NIGHTCLUBS ARE FOR PARTYING AND DANCING. IF YOU WANNA SIT DOWN ALL NIGHT, STAY AT HOME OR GO TO A BAR. IT'S THAT SIMPLE....

MOS was totally based on a NY club and music from the US. And that's why we're here now - to put NY and the US back on the map again, without getting our balls out and showing off - We're just here to work, and let the music speak loudest. There is so much real DJ/Production quality in the US right now and it's not being given a chance – and that’s so sad. At the end of day it's all about the music and if we can inspire DJ's and producers alike in the US, it won’t be too long before everyone else follows suit and gives everyone what they want. The scene doesn't belong to anyone, it belongs to all of us, and it's our responsibility to look after it and push it forward - not see it as a way of making a quick buck. Most clubs in NYC only seem interested in booking local DJ's so they can steal their crowds - not build them up. If we're gonna do something in NY, we have to reflect NY, not ignore it.

In my mind, I think a lot of promoters in NY are too scared to give new talent a chance - or see that they wont make as much money out of it. Then people wonder why everything’s sh*t. It's just like a football team - you can't have your star players playing at their peak for 2 decades. How can a DJ who's the wrong side of 40 really connect with someone who's 20-25? You wouldn't look to a 45 yr old for dress sense, so why do it with music - and pay $50 for the privelege?! That’s in no way disrespecting what earlier DJ’s have a achieved in their careers. It’s just a fact of life – things and time moves on.

We're being brave enough to give the unsung, but top of their game US DJ's a chance, who don’t endlessly play the same old shi*t all night, and brave enough to get the f*ck out of disneyland, sorry Manhattan........we've been watching NY very closely on the ground for the last 3 years, and we ain’t here to make a load of money - it's time for a new era in US house.....

If you wanna join the revolution, RSVP to me via a PM or email paul on pmadgwick@ministryofsound.com for $15 entry.......and see whether we are right or not.....put your money where your mouth is NYC and lets make a difference together....

OMG !!! so freakin tru, couldnt have said it any better i agree with you