Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morrilo Reviews?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review bro.

If you weren't there from 1-4pm, u wouldnt know. 3 hours of straight bombs. I dont care what you thought of the night before those three hours, because they more than made up for it.

then erick went and bought everyone shots of tequila at the bar, and poured them for us all.

what other fuckin dj do you know who does that shit?

all i can say is the Stimulus>Response djs BRUNG IT last night in the basement, LOLA, KEITH BLACKSTONE, URBAN RELIEF PROJECT played some great tunes from 10pm-830am. Good seeing the usual faces, the new faces and people who i know in this scene having a great time down there.

Cant comment on morillo really cause i only went upstairs once and that was very shortly and i was distracted at the time hehe. So he played till 4pm huh interesting, i wouldve stayed but shit past few weeks ive only been sleeping 5nights out of 7 instead of the usual 6 lol, im using today to rest eat fried chicken and watching movies lol.

aCtually you had to stay there later the music was Outta control i couldnt ID nothing but two tracks.. all bombs after like 9 am. i'm sure he picke dup a few crazy ass tracks in ibiza i had a great time tho. an dthe basement party was off the meet rack last night. they had me saying OH shitt.... great job from my peoples in the basement proud of them guys as they complimented eachother's set very nicely.

HMMMM believe it or not, morillo has been getting a bad rap, but i thought he dropped a lot of good tracks easy to dance to, too crowded but fun....

stimulus was awesome, nice to meet ne4w people too.....and very interesting to see more break dancers than usual this time around....reminds me of the days when my bro used to break it down in the clubs with his helmet lmao, he was so gooodd...miss those days 5/6 years ago.....

anyways hope to see everyone again at the party on the 26th at love....im going to need bodyguards soooo anyone up for the task? long story lol

HMMMM believe it or not, morillo has been getting a bad rap, but i thought he dropped a lot of good tracks easy to dance to, too crowded but fun....

stimulus was awesome, nice to meet ne4w people too.....and very interesting to see more break dancers than usual this time around....reminds me of the days when my bro used to break it down in the clubs with his helmet lmao, he was so gooodd...miss those days 5/6 years ago.....

anyways hope to see everyone again at the party on the 26th at love....im going to need bodyguards soooo anyone up for the task? long story lol

glad you had fun.. i left at 12 noon cause i had a ride home from my homegirl lol

i will never ever ever ever go to another one of his parties in NYC...gave him 3 chances since centro thursdays ended....he sucked every single time....

funny shit but i was out on the island this weekend in long beach...and was talkin to some girl and she was tellin me how shes goin to see Morillo tonite (sat)....and how excited she was....and i was like ERR HES OK ...so she dead ass turns to me and goes WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DOES HE PLAY.....ahhhhhhhh yes ladies and gents...that was indicative of Ericks crowd nowadays...

I wasn't threre so I can't comment. But isn't it sad that you have to wait until 9 am Sunday morning to get to the good music? If (like a normal person) you wanted to go hang out on a Saturday night, you would walk out thinking "what the fuck did I just waste my money on?"

It seems like all the DJ's are like that lately; Morrillo, DT, and of course JP. It's not worth going out on Saturday night. In order to listen to good music, you have to make it an all-day Sunday affair.

It was nasty until maybe 6-7am, then it slowed down, stuff that wasn't going anywhere in my opinion, ill defend erick to my last day, but the stuff he was playing was lacking, but 1230, boy...whooooo.

wow is all i can say. i knew erick wasn't gunna go out like that.

But isn't it sad that you have to wait until 9 am Sunday morning to get to the good music? If (like a normal person) you wanted to go hang out on a Saturday night, you would walk out thinking "what the fuck did I just waste my money on?"

It seems like all the DJ's are like that lately; Morrillo, DT, and of course JP. It's not worth going out on Saturday night. In order to listen to good music, you have to make it an all-day Sunday affair.

That is a really good point. I am in full agreement that almost every DJ plays the best later in their sets, but I'm a 9-5er so it's pretty hard to stay at a club for more than 8 hours dancing my ass off. I guess the smart thing to do would be to go to bed on Saturday night and get up and go, but it's just not the same as getting all dressed up and going out on a Saturday night (especially if it's nice out on Sunday!). Ideally I'd like to hear a solid set from midnight til 9am.

Which brings me to Stimulus Response...these guys really tore it up this time, a lot of Morillo fans that were passing through were impressed so hopefully there are some new recruits, hehe. I can't really comment on Morillo b/c when I was upstairs I was unfortunately either very drunk or caught up in some kind of drama.

On a sidenote, for anyone that remembers my tragic thread about not getting into Pacha a couple of weeks ago, the staff really went out of their way to make it up to me. I still think that bouncer is an idiot and should be fired, but the management couldn't have been more courteous or professional.

Went to see Morillo first time in over a year, thinking he would play some new music, and he did.

But first I want to point out something clever. Just back in the day at SF, I was told to throw out my gum (NO GUM INSIDE!!!! the bouncer that felt me up said), just so I can purchase one that I don't like from the guy in the bathroom. I was goning to tell him that gum is allowed as I was leaving, but did not see him.

But what really made an impression on me was the crowd. It seemed like the dancefloor was equally divided into the asian crowd occupying the space closer to the doors (not sure why, but that crowd is always closer to the doors in every club, think about it), and the non-asian crowd. As I walked around, I've noticed that about 6 out of 10 people were drinking only water (this was at 1am), which means that it was either very hot inside (which it wasn't), or it was just a very energetic, music crazy crowd that loved to dance, and does not drink (which it was). It's just unreal that the place, or should i write the crowd that patrons that place has not changed. It looked like JP night from 5 years ago, with much better music.

I did see some great dancers, which chose to dance in the basement where the vibe was "different." I also noticed that a lot of the people in the bathrooms did not like to use the urinal, but instead chose to wait for the stalls, shyness I guess.

Everyone but me seemed to be very enthusiastic when Morillo anounced his 16 hour set, but I don't like to spend 16 hours doing anything. By pahse 4, which i heard being announced as I was heading for the door, the place was packed with differerent genarations of "music users."

This was my first vist to the new Sound Factory, and the club looks really nice, the lights and sound system are superior to that of Crobar, but I think the layout of the club is better. However, there is something about being in that place, surrounded by that crowd that gives me "the creeps."

I blame it on the cold that I've been battling for the past week.

So, please excuse my sarcasm, but someone should tell the boys in blue to stop closing Crobar at 4am for underage drinking, and head over to Pacha, where they can party till 4pm.

It was nasty until maybe 6-7am, then it slowed down, stuff that wasn't going anywhere in my opinion, ill defend erick to my last day, but the stuff he was playing was lacking, but 1230, boy...whooooo.

wow is all i can say. i knew erick wasn't gunna go out like that.

aaaaaaaaand this is why i dont go to Morillos parties in NYC anymore

I think its ridiculous to stay at a club til 4pm Sunday "for the music". I go out on a Sat night, to hear the music..ON SAT NIGHT!.. I'm glad I didnt go...sounds like a waste of time and money.. Going to a club is a small part of my weekend..this sounds like the whole time spent waiting on the music.. maybe I'm getting old..but its not for me.

I think its ridiculous to stay at a club til 4pm Sunday "for the music". I go out on a Sat night, to hear the music..ON SAT NIGHT!.. I'm glad I didnt go...sounds like a waste of time and money.. Going to a club is a small part of my weekend..this sounds like the whole time spent waiting on the music.. maybe I'm getting old..but its not for me.

totally agree with silver on this one