Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why does everywhere suck?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything has become stagnant, there's no cool places anymore, and nothing new. Someone needs to take nightlife in a new direction or something, there's nowhere to get pumped about going.

Maybe its the parties that your goin to and djs that your listening to that are boring. Or maybe you tastes have changed and your stuck right now. Aint noting wrong with nightlife, i can name 2-4 parties every night of the week that are amazing.

I don't care about the DJ's or the music, I go out to have fun with my friends / meet people not dance. The point is that the places the people go haven't changed in too long. Need to open new venues and unseat the mainstays.

alot of new venues have opened up recently, stereo on 33rd st, room service.

Yea, see I don't like huge venues, don't care about the DJ's and I don't care about this wild dancing either. I don't even mind all the convoluted pretention. I just need a change of scenery or something, because it's always the same places, and the same thing. Clearly I need to save NY, nightlife, what's a ballpark on start up costs for a high end place over or under 10 mill?

Oh man, you're so witty. An alternate solution would be maybe for new places to open.

to suit the needs of one person probably wont happen.

Sorry to hear your feeling this way, how old are you anyhow. Im 26 yrs old myself and have been goin out since 95 and think nyc is still great yeah yeah its not europe but still music is always the first reason i go out. And thankfully djs are playing music i want to hear.

I am in London at the moment and admitedly ... New York is fucking SHIT in comparison. You know why? To me it's mostly the people. Mate if you go out expecting the good times to come to you depending on where you go you are a dumbass. The music scene is really great in NY, always changing. The club and the music is there, in my opinion, just to enhance the experience, but it seems like people always need a "place to go" in New York. If all you care about is having a good time with your friends then why don't you stay home and drink there? It seems like you need a bunch of people around you who actually like to party, or the people who are there for a reason such as the music, to create an atmosphere for you.

I generally go out alone or with not too many people, because at the club I enjoy much more doing my own thing and meeting new people. Circles (aka people going out with large groups of friends) are ball breakers, which is about all you see in New York. I despise those people. If I just want to chill with my mates it's the pub or a lounge where the music and the party isn't the central focus, you and your friends are. It's not the venue that sucks, it's you!

Thats my vent for now.

I'm so disappointed to be leaving London today.

Cool, so you have done and seen everything. Congrats. Seems there is only 1 thing left for you to do as someone who has all these experiences and hates everything...DIE!

haha, that is exactly what I was going to write. Newsflash for abrooks and all the other whiners on here: clubs haven't changed that much. Unless you were all about pills a few years ago or you really love glowsticks I don't see anything that different. If you're that unhappy with the way things are maybe you should find a new way to entertain yourself.

and anti-funny

It wasn't a joke. Also, I don't expect a wild change in the club scene, but the "hot" places have been the same set of clubs/lounges for going on like 2+ years now (for the most part). At least it used to be places had a shorter shelf life so you'd get a change of scenery, slightly different experience.

brooks why dont u try to expand ur mind and try to change your attitude, this has a big part of why u aren't having a good time when u go out. if u think u are above the people there or that something is "off" when u are there, and constantly criticizing everything you won't relax enough to have a good time......

just let loose

brooks why dont u try to expand ur mind and try to change your attitude, this has a big part of why u aren't having a good time when u go out. if u think u are above the people there or that something is "off" when u are there, and constantly criticizing everything you won't relax enough to have a good time......

just let loose

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the clubs because I am looking down on the people while i'm there. but how many times can you go to the same clubs, and do the exact same thing without feeling like you want something new?

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the clubs because I am looking down on the people while i'm there. but how many times can you go to the same clubs, and do the exact same thing without feeling like you want something new?

oh def, so u should try different types of places and music then.....switch it up, variety is key. meet different people, it will bring diff perspectives into ur life.

oh def, so u should try different types of places and music then.....switch it up, variety is key. meet different people, it will bring diff perspectives into ur life.

I have met plenty of types of people, enough to know what sort of scene I can tolerate in respect to nightlife. As far as clubs go, I am not going anywhere other than the upscale pretentious places, because I will hate it. If I want something other than that, I go to bars.