Top Posters In This Topic

Exacta is coming along in a big way

I'm liking Merrit more and more each time he plays

Richie Santana & Peter Bailey

Keith Blackstone definitely was nice

Deepspell kids are interesting

Astro & Glyde were getting big, then kinda fell off the radar

Peter Bailey's another good one...

AT LEAST WE HAVE A VARIETY OF DJS TO KEEP US ENTERTAINED!

If one guy can make people this angry and make stupid threads it shows the lack of quality club tastemakers and influence this board really has. Thats why many are going to NCC.

Mongoloid, people are ripped shit right now.

Jason Jollins is very very very good but the musical knowledge on this board is lacking ..........

Most under-rated dj in NYC = Jason Jollins

Everytime I have seen him play in NYC (Centro Fly, Avalon, Love, Spirit, Crobar, Pacha, Etc...) he has blown me away.

I was just listening to his Live from Argentina set on his website and it's killer!

But I wouldn't say Jason Jollins is going to be the next Boris or JP.

Boris and JP are very good at what they do, but they are geared towards the Bridge & Tunnel commercial crowd and they play commercial sounds.

Jason Jollins is underground and his following comes from the music driven crowd.

His international touring schedule prevents him from playing often in NYC and you won't find him dj'ing a Pajama Party.

With that said, I caught Boris recently and he is a very talented dj as well and mixes it up well.

:)

Im gonna throw in the name Keith Blackstone from Stimulus>Response, he has that sound and hes building more and more fans with each party that goes by. He has a few productions coming out like this month and later on in the yr as well. Victor Calderone, Tedd Patterson are playing his tracks already.

Then again if you want to talk more established names who are amazing behind the decks and have been doing it for a long time, just some people havent caught on YET. I say TEDD PATTERSON and ANGEL MORAES.

Angel Moraes, Tedd Patterson and Keith are my favorites right now, and I'm not just saying that b/c I"m a silverbull groupie. Richie Santana and Mario Calegari are both getting to be big with the JP/Boris Crowd, but I'd say Calderone is #1 with them right now. This is a typical CP thread, everyone is showing their true colors, lol.

Richie Santana is the next big Dj to take over NYC.Ive seen him in jersey since Hunkubunka days friday and Clubabyss,deko Lounge,Crobar,pacha,show nightclub.I met him at show nightclub one sunday night.

I have to say Manny Freytes. If you have not had the chance to listen to him play yet be sure you check him out. He is one of the few DJ left in my opinion that knows how to build a set, I guess that's why DT calls on him to open.

ATTN Dj Drive,

You got a long way to go to becoming a respected DJ in NYC. Even if your "exclusive" tracks that are only being played perhaps in one club and your house, are good, your attitude and disrespect to the music business/industry/crowd set you far back. JP is the worst DJ? I dont know. used to be a big fan of his, and dont really follow him anymore because his style has changed, but to go as far as saying worst DJ ever is a bit much. Worst Dj's ever dont get named #1 DJ in the country, nor do they pull the largest numbers in NYC hands down. Worst DJ's ever are unkown, have exclusive tracks no one listens to and talk shit about their skills on a message board. Whatever your personal opinion on him, Numbers dont lie. Honestly, you may have good tracks, but I'll never listen to them because I`ll never listen to you. If you had some credentials to come on here and talk , it'd be one thing. As far as most of us can see though, you started spinning 3 months ago, and most of your "exclusives" were made through, with, if not by Exacta. As well, go to an exacta show and not be able to name 5% of his tracks? Where the fuck did you learn math, and how to ID tracks. SO if he played 100 tracks in one night, Nand OBODY could name 5? Right...To be honest, you come across as an Idiot. And I aplogize to have to tell you this, because I dont usually have things like this to say about others, maybe your should think before you type, or just analyze life over. Good luck with your "career".

Keough

thank you for the kind words Mikdon, they mean a lot. And to stymie I'm sure you are trying to be funny but it would be an honor to be put in the same category as Boris although I do agree with your "pots and pans" remark towards JP. That guy is the worst DJ ever and his fans are total tools for thinking he has any talent.

As for me I am still very far from being on those guys level as far as fan base but I think with my love for music and hard worth ethic, on top of having my mentor DJ Exacta show me the ropes I will be there at some point.

I've been working on some VERY VERY exclusive tracks the past few weeks. You will not here these tracks anywhere else. For those of you who are interested in hearing the hottest beats in NYC feel free to hit me up.

he's great... he's really a DJ that music-lovers can enjoy everytime, you never know what to expect... he really is a great progressive DJ, and his set before G&D last time @ PACHA far outweighed theirs imho

This Dj drive into a pile of shit has balls to talk about known djs when just getting into djing 3 months ago....LMFAO........geeeez every tom , dick and harry wants to be a dj ....

good luck dj jive i mean drive

I rather listen to Vic Latino!

:clap2:

i would say Richie Santana is coming on strong but I dont know if i would say Calderone is "catching up to" Boris and JP. Maybe in NYC but Calderone is much bigger around the world than boris and JP combined. There are a lot of good DJs out there. Its just very difficult to get a following as now most people go to see "big names".

Everytime I have seen him play in NYC (Centro Fly, Avalon, Love, Spirit, Crobar, Pacha, Etc...) he has blown me away.

I was just listening to his Live from Argentina set on his website and it's killer!

But I wouldn't say Jason Jollins is going to be the next Boris or JP.

Boris and JP are very good at what they do, but they are geared towards the Bridge & Tunnel commercial crowd and they play commercial sounds.

Jason Jollins is underground and his following comes from the music driven crowd.

His international touring schedule prevents him from playing often in NYC and you won't find him dj'ing a Pajama Party.

yes he is DEFINITELY an underrated dj when it comes to the Borris & JP crowd but he holds just as much if not more prestige and reverence within his particular fan base. His track selection is QUALITY and unique. he def has a music-driven and highly knowledgeable crowd that never fails to come out everytime he throws down...its a reputation like this that will grow his name in NYC and im sure that his fanbase will increase tenfold in time...

I play tribal....nothing but slammin tribal. And trust me when I say you have not heard these exclusives before that myself or Exacta plays. Nobody has.

DJ Drive, I'm sure your exclusives are hot, not doubting you there.....but people SHOULD understand it takes a lot more than what you play, to be a good dj. And I'm not just talking about technical skills.

DJs who sniff out the "no one has this track" tend to fade rather quickly. A proper dj can make a track from '96 sound brand new again!

again, no disrespect to you, I'm sure you're great. Just adding my pov

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

A very special thanks to everyone who posted positive comments about me in this thread.

As mentioned above... I agree that comparing myself with Boris or Jp is not a good comparison as the style of music that they play (for the most part) and the way that they play it is different from mine.

However, these guys are NYC legends, no doubt about that.

The numbers that they pull on a consistent basis for the years that they have is something that I truly respect and look up to. They are great in there craft and to have such a large number of loyal fans the way they do is something that I dream of having one day here in NYC.

I've been dj'ing since a very young age as I started dj'ing in 1989. While dj'ing has always been a passion of mine, it was always a hobby up until a few years ago.

The out of town / international gigs are always a lot of fun and I'm living a dream that far exceeds what I had envisioned in my youth.

All of the interest and support that I have from my fans is something that I truly appreciate.

See you all on the dance floor :)

Jason

http://www.JasonJollins.com

-