Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DEATH AT TWILO?!?!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw it on Ch. 11...same story about 5 seconds. Something about OD'ing on e and hemmoraghing.

I was there last night but didn't see anything like this going on. I did see plenty of undercover security. I saw them pull about 6-8 people off of the floor before PVD came on.

JDogg

Yeah - Now Bennito Guiliani will have a new reason to come into the clubs and try to shut things down. Not that the clubs are bad, mind you, but it is in the interest of the 'children that are being harmed.'

With all of this, what blame lies with the guy that was rolling? You have to know what you are getting and how much you are getting. The real stroy will come out when/if the parents get the $$$$ lawsuit going.

J-Dogg

i talked to one of the guys who works security at Twilo last nite . . . while we were on line (around 1 am), like 5 cop cars pulled up . . . the cops were apparently asking for the club's liquor permits, etc. The crackdown begins? biggrin.gif tee hee

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

The crackdown on Twilo began two years ago after a death associated with e at the club. The city filed a lawsuit to shut down Twilo for being a public nuisance. They contend that Twilo is a place that drugs are readily available and that the club does not do enough to stop it. The case is still pending. See the Sunday July 23 New York Times for more details, metro section p.23. PVD kicked ass.

http://www.nypostonline.com/news/33566.htm

ur health and well-being comes first, above anything else, if u die-u can't party anymore, let the music be ur drug, take something safe like a lite for kicks, if u're young and healthy--a whole life is ahead, don't waste it for anything

nuff' to be said

------------------

There must be a party going on around here!!!

Thats DISGUSTING -- someone's only response is "WILL THAT AFFECT S&D NEXT WEEK" my god; things like this should encourage people to be smarter about drug use (even though realistically people can die from TINY amounts) Even though a lot of us are willing to take that risk, there are ways to be more responsible about it. I would be interested to know how many pills he did; I think most people figure "oh he must have done like 10" but that's not always the case! I for one am am encouraged to make some SERIOUS changes; this is like the 10th club/drug related death in the past year, many of who were my age and TWO who even were in my year at NYU.....Instead of worrying about next friday at twilo maybe you should take a minute and think about this kid and his family...how NO ONE IS INVINCIBLE...

MissDiva

------------------

--=== Deep into the vibe of house music ===--

I really have to agree with Miss Diva on this. The fact that people put next fridays party over someones life and only care if S+D's set will be effected goes to show how much the clubbing crowd has changed and how the whole "PLUR" thing is really a bunch of B.S., it also goes to show how much the ClubNYC board has changed over the past 2 years, let alone the past 5 months. I know someone will probably reply to this post with the argument that kids OD in clubs all the time so why should anyone care about one less person.. blablabla, but before many of you continue to brag about unity, PLUR and clublife you should check yourselves. Even if the report on someone losing their life at twilo was false the way some of you reacted with the above posts is a little frightening, not only from a clubbers standpoint but from a human one.

MissDiva is right...get a life...life is not all about the next weekend and the next party...get your priorities straightened out and learn to show some sort of compasssion.

------------------

For the "Absent Minded" guestlists at Exit, Aria, or Tunnel,

email me (IrvGrampa@aol.com) or call me @ 914-912-9518

I've read that in Europe the kids won't take drugs during a PVD night out of respect for him. 'Cause he preaches the non-use of drugs.

Sad that it happened at all--let alone at one of his parties.

------------------

There must be a party going on around here!!!

Some of you fuckers are heartless bastards.. What if it was your best friend, or relative that died?? Then would you be worried about the next S&D, PVD night, or what might happen to Twilo?? I doubt it.. Use your fucking brains before you post dumb shit like that..

And Gonzo.. Why would you think it was bullshit if I said I saw it on the news?? Do you think I have nothing better to do then sit around and make up stories??

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

First and foremost . . . it's really a sad thing when someone dies at all. I know what it means to lose someone very close to me, so my heart goes out to family and friends.

Secondly . . . besides what the news said (I haven't seen anything on TV or in the paper yet)I highly doubt that this guy od-ed on just E. It's not possible. When you consume too much E, your body rejects it and you end up throwing up all over the place really, really bad. He must have mixed drugs in a bad way. Either way it's a very sad thing.

Unfortunately, this is something that's been happening long before we were born and it will probably continue to happen long after we leave. Drugs will always be around but hopefully maybe we could educate ourselves and each other and try our best to avoid this from happening more in the future.

Play safe, people.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

I understand where some of you are coming from, but I have little compassion for someone who took their party a bit too far and sadly paid the ultimate price. I don't have to worry or waste time wondering "what if it happened to someone I know?" because I know my friends would put themselves in such a situation.

And I am concerned about next week because why should my good time or anyone else's for that matter suffer because one unlucky soul paid dearly for a mistake? This is what happens in NY, people do too many drugs wind up ODing or whatever and it is the club community as a whole that must pay for it by either an event being called off or the venue being shut down by Guilani's Gestapo.

I do feel a sense of compassion for the person who passed away, but I won't let it affect me because I know me and my friends won't make the same error.

[This message has been edited by doubledown11 (edited 07-23-2000).]

IT COULD OF BEEN A BAD FUCKING PILL THAT KILLED HIM AND HIS FIRST TIME ROLLING. YOU STUPID INCONSIDERATE FUCK. A 21 yr old is dead and u say its his own fault ? Fuck you.

------------------

Everything will be perfect .... tonight and forever....

a word to the wise...

if u gotta do anything at all, be smart and safe with ur drugs and know what ur getting into, but the way i look at it...

let the music be ur only drug, it feels better than anything i've ever tried

------------------

[0/]#[0/]

..it's all about the music..

dj davey b

What the fuck is wrong with some of you people. It will never happen to you or your friends? Well, never say never you inconsiderate bastard. This woke me up when I heard this news, I don't think I want to divulge in this shit for quite some time. I'm sure he was sold a bad or took a bad pill. I hope you enjoy your Sasha and Digweed party asshole. i hope they have it so you can have your fun for the night.

I don't often jump onto the discussion, but this one, I think I need to.

A death, no matter what the reason, affects someone. Many people die in the city everyday, and likewise many people are affected. In this case, a college student from Washington, DC made a big trip to NY to see PVD. Very sadly, for what ever reason, the young man became ill in Twilo, and later died at the hospital. Assume drugs, assume a stroke, heart attack, a severe attack of the cooties.

No matter what the cause of illness or cause of death, this has to reach out to each of us. We can sit back and say that he must have bought a bad pill, had a bad reaction, had too many, had something else wrong that he did not know about. Can we each know the quality of each item we buy, reliable source or not? Do we know what our reaction will be to a different batch? When will some unknown ailment in our own body reach up and grab us?

This guy is each of us. He came to Twilo to hear and feel the energy that PVD and the people bring to the club. If it is true, and he chose to use drugs, then that was his choice. That still makes his life and his death no less meaningful. Would the board react differently if one of us had this happen? If I remember correctly, someone here on the board had a car accident, was in the hospital and one of the biggest topics was how that person was doing for a while.

I enjoy Twilo, I enjoy PVD, and I enjoy being a small part of a very big event. I think that what we each may feel about glow sticks, NY vs. NJ DJs, and any other topic that we can rant over, we still must take this as a reminder that what we each do is a choice and a risk.

With Twilo already a targeted by the City, with a court injunction already in place, with undercover security on the floor, who really is bringing the heat to the club. Is there a vending machine in the bathroom selling E? We bring our own ends upon ourselves. If we choose to use drugs in Twilo, and we get caught, should we really be pissed at the bouncers? 'I wasn't hurting anyone' is a common refrain here on the board. But now, with a death attributed to drug use, what does that choice we might make do to the club and to the whole scene?

I truly hope that this incident does not bring a new round of crackdowns on Twilo and other venues. I truly hope that the man who died didn't as a result of drugs, but we will see. I truly hope that we will never visit this topic again. I want to send condolences to the family of the guy for their loss, and it its place, condolences to the board for our loss. One of our own, NYer or not.

With the shootings that went on in other clubs last weekend, and this one now, some crackdown is no doubt on the way.

We have the power to make things right. We also have the power to make things wrong. Let us make things right. Let us rememeber this man and may he, in passing, make each of us better.

JDogg

(and sorry about the length. I just had to.)

Originally posted by tranza:

And Gonzo.. Why would you think it was bullshit if I said I saw it on the news?? Do you think I have nothing better to do then sit around and make up stories??

from the first three replies

yeah i thought it was a joke

and people decided to play along

------------------

TECHNO MUSIC

more fun than 4 hookers and an 8-ball of coke

[This message has been edited by gonzojournilist (edited 07-23-2000).]

Originally posted by tranza:

Some of you fuckers are heartless bastards.. What if it was your best friend, or relative that died?? Then would you be worried about the next S&D, PVD night, or what might happen to Twilo?? I doubt it.. Use your fucking brains before you post dumb shit like that..

not trying to be a jerk off but

yes I will be disapionted if twilo gets shut down just because someone died of an overdose

------------------

TECHNO MUSIC

more fun than 4 hookers and an 8-ball of coke

[This message has been edited by gonzojournilist (edited 07-23-2000).]

I'm real glad to see so many responses speaking out against drugs, and seeing people put life ahead of the party, you don't see that nearly as often as you'd like.

------------------

we are the dreamers

we are the music makers