Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Labor Day in Vegas

maggiec

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you been to drais lately? i haven't been in over a year now. i'm wondering if it is still like it was back in the day. i'm guessing no. last year we went to empire instead. if there is a good dj that place is fun. if not, it is just ok.

any other afterhours besides drais, empire, or seamless?

have you been to drais lately? i haven't been in over a year now. i'm wondering if it is still like it was back in the day. i'm guessing no. last year we went to empire instead. if there is a good dj that place is fun. if not, it is just ok.

I've been to Drai's probably 8-10 times in the past 6+ weeks.

When you say "back in the day," how long back are you referring to? What were some of the aspects of "the day" that you loved?

IMO Drai's is outstanding these days, I'd say the past few months has shown it improve and become much better overall than it was for much of the last 2+ years.

As for Empire, I all but refuse to go to that place these days. Takes a headliner that I *really* love for me to go. Place is filthy, door staff is rude and arrogant, management is greedy and I've known a few too many industry people that have been screwed over by Empire on a professional level. Shame, because I used to love it there.

There are some other afterhours that have opened up lately, such as Triq and Eden, but I haven't been by either and haven't heard from anyone who has.

I've been to Drai's probably 8-10 times in the past 6+ weeks.

When you say "back in the day," how long back are you referring to? What were some of the aspects of "the day" that you loved?

IMO Drai's is outstanding these days, I'd say the past few months has shown it improve and become much better overall than it was for much of the last 2+ years.

As for Empire, I all but refuse to go to that place these days. Takes a headliner that I *really* love for me to go. Place is filthy, door staff is rude and arrogant, management is greedy and I've known a few too many industry people that have been screwed over by Empire on a professional level. Shame, because I used to love it there.

There are some other afterhours that have opened up lately, such as Triq and Eden, but I haven't been by either and haven't heard from anyone who has.

"back in the day" means 3 years ago. i honestly haven't been in over a year now because the last few times i was in vegas, everyone said it sucked. i've been going to seamless & empire instead. i have to agree with you regarding empire...it definitely needs a good headliner.

it is great to hear such positive feedback about drais. i guess i'll have to make it back this time!!

do you know anything about this rockstar party at the stratosphere? the house dj line-up looks potentially good, i'm just wondering about the venue.

:bored::zzz::D

Funny how diff people have diff music interests. I'm flyin into vegas specifically for this event! lol.

But I'd like to know, is it impossible to get into rehab? On a sunday morning for Sharam? I can't imagine it being uber-packed...

I've never been but read reviews that I should be a supermodel or a super hero to get in.

Funny how diff people have diff music interests. I'm flyin into vegas specifically for this event! lol.

But I'd like to know, is it impossible to get into rehab? On a sunday morning for Sharam? I can't imagine it being uber-packed...

I've never been but read reviews that I should be a supermodel or a super hero to get in.

people start lining up at 9am or earlier on a holiday weekend - they don't let non-hotel guests inside until 12pm i believe....Rehab is always slammed in general and a total mess on labor/memorial day weekend. typically a $100 bill will get you right in...better to grease the security/doorguys IMO that wait in line for hours...

btw, Cedric Gervais is playing with Sharam.

Unless you have a bed or cabana, plan on waiting in line for Rehab, especially Labor Day Weekend. And get there early. When Tiesto was at Rehab for MDW, we got there at 7:45, and there was about 1000 people ahead of us.

Or get there a little later, and grease someone....that always works.

Oh and for some good house music, hit up Seamless for afterhours. I went there last week for the first time and loved it. Of course, I'm sure Empire will have some good DJs there for LDW.

I would think Tiesto brings in a huge crowd, so thats' why there's a huge line at 7:45 am.

But for Sharam/Gervais?

Well, Space is selling tickets for this event, but its a ridiculous 50.00 for 4 hrs (4pm - 8pm only).

I guess I'm coming early and greasing a bouncer or something.

Lots of good info in this thread... First off I am soo glad that Drai's is still playing house, there is just not enough places to hear house/electronica in vegas, so I would hate to see the rap/top40/hip hop genre dominate yet another venue. It's a cool place to hit :) And I will have to go to seamless next time in town. thanx :)

I have also been to Empire...so sorry to hear that there has been so many negative experiences :( I went to see D:Fuse, BT, and have been there on a no one special nite, each time had fun. (and I went with and without my friend Raul from vegas status VIP).

And for Lefty, maybe I dont understand...If space is selling tickets, isnt that a def in ? So why grease security with >$50 to get in?

In L.A. if a uber d.j. is spinning, I def either buy a ticket, or arrange table bottle. both are shew ins over here.

hey sancib...

Rehab is a daytime pool party from what I understand, and it goes from 11 am to 7 pm.

Space is now hosting and added Gervais. But their presale clearly states its only good starting at 4 pm. 50 bucks for four hours vs. 30 bucks for all day.

Can someone clarify if they jack up door prices? Tiesto, other named DJ events at rehab?

Erick Morillo is at Tao for Subliminal Sessions on Sunday night. Going head to head against Tiesto at Jet.

Dave Aude & others will be at the "didn't get into rehab" party at the palms.

Swedish Egil spinning at Empire sunday early am...

Lot of events.

i called and talked to someone who works at the hard rock hotel. general admission tickets are $75 and that gets you in the entire day - 11am to 8pm. you can also buy tickets for $50 through wanttickets.com, but these are only good from 4pm to 8pm. that actually isn't all that bad because that is when sharam is playing. i don't know for sure, but one would assume that the resident dj's play before him and that is usually really bad hip-hop/top 40.

either way you decide to go there will be a line. sharam is not as big as tiesto, but he is still big and it is a holiday weekend so there will most likely be a line all day.

i called and talked to someone who works at the hard rock hotel. general admission tickets are $75 and that gets you in the entire day - 11am to 8pm. you can also buy tickets for $50 through wanttickets.com, but these are only good from 4pm to 8pm. that actually isn't all that bad because that is when sharam is playing. i don't know for sure, but one would assume that the resident dj's play before him and that is usually really bad hip-hop/top 40.

either way you decide to go there will be a line. sharam is not as big as tiesto, but he is still big and it is a holiday weekend so there will most likely be a line all day.

$75! holy christ. Does anyone want to try to get a group together and buy a cabana?