Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First CLUB!!!!

luz

Originally posted by gatito:

Originally posted by turntable:

My 1st club was the old Copacabana at E. 60th

st. It was an FAO Schwarz Christma party on a Wed. night. Loved how the music started, built up, and took you on a ride. The dj ended with the Copa theme. Never knew where the music was coming from.

That was probably Danny Tanaglia.

Whoever it was, he was definitely a pro. DT used to play there????

------------------

There must be a party going on around here!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha . . my FIRST club was The Underground when I was 15. GAWD!!! I was such a mess back then. Couldn't dance, couldn't dress, couldn't drink or smoke (although I would pretend like I could) . . . just a lil' asian chick fresh from Missouri!! MISSOURI??? eek.gif Hehehe . . . can we say Super Naive??

You've come a long way baby! wink2.gif

BlueAngel

BlueAngel

------------------

"Do you believe in love at first sight or do I need to walk by again?"

angel.gif

Originally posted by antvill:

Studio 54 in 1984........I was 16 with a fake ID and capezios on........I was dancing on mesk <---80's version of X.

And one day while viciously throwing down, Jack rolled and declared "LET THEIR BE HOUSE"

and House music was born!!!

Wow, what a memory flash back, I remember Mesculine. Yo, that was the shit... Would laugh and laugh and laugh for hours on it....What happened to those??? Think I can even remember the the names, like purple double barrell. WOW!!!

Originally posted by gatito:

My 1st club was the old Copacabana at E. 60th

st. It was an FAO Schwarz Christma party on a Wed. night. Loved how the music started, built up, and took you on a ride. The dj ended with the Copa theme. Never knew where the music was coming from.

That was probably Danny Tanaglia.

Whoever it was, he was definitely a pro. DT used to play there????

Danny just celebrated his 25th anniversary of spinning. He has been around forever and everywhere.

------------------

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. icon26.gif -BJ

biggrin.gif

tunnel when i was about 14 . . .

Casey - MISSOURI????? whuuuuut. wink.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

or

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by luz:

WHAT WAS THE FIRST CLUB YOU EVER WENT TO???

THE FIRST CLUB I EVER WENT TO WAS HEARTTHROB

I WAS 15 YEARS OLD.

IT WAS ON 23RD STREET & 11TH AVE

WOW BACK IN THE DAYS NO ID NO PROBLEM!!!!

DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING

RED PARROT,THE UNDERGROUND, THE OCTOGON,

20 20, HOME BASE,EMERALD CITY, BEDROCKS

[This message has been edited by luz (edited 09-13-2000).]

I mentioned the same ones a few weeks ago. You have to be at least 30 now to have gone to any of these places back in the day. Oh how I reminice (SP).

------------------

It's all in the music

Originally posted by blackhaus1:

LOLLOL....this post made me laugh...if anyones from Long Island and remembers Frequency on 110, that was my first club i believe...LOL, it was maxines, and it wa ssooo gay back then, i was like 13 i guess...

ROFLLLLLLLL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I REMEMBER FREQUENCY!!!!!! LOL AND LIKE KID PANIC WAS HOSTING !!! LOL!!! THAT WAS THE MOST BEAT ASS "CLUB" EVER! I WENT THERE ONCE WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 AND DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO START GOING TO THE CITY.....

MY FIRST CLUB WAS TUNNEL THOU IN 94-95ISH! IT GOT ME HOOKED ON HOUSE SINCE THAT DAY! tongue.gif

------------------

"I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed

And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane.

(I think I made you up inside my head.)" --Sylvia Plath

OMG, I'm LMFAO! I had to think about it for a while, but then I realized it was this Staten Island club for teens called MOTIONS, which was actually a roller-skating rink called Skate Oddyssey! OMG, it must have been like 1984!!! My favorite song was "Looking for the Perfect Beat" and I had a turquoise half t-shirt that had the song title in those fuzzy while iron-on letters on it that I had made special! OMG, with my turquoise acid wash jeans and white high-heeled pumps! Oh, man, I think I'm gonna be ill!

My first REAL club, tho, I'm not sure... Probably Palladium around 1988, but I was also hitting Limelight, Danceteria, 1018, Emerald City and the Roxy then... I'm not sure which one came first.

Memories...

Hugs!

Melissa

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

Melissa, you reminded of something I had forgotten. Hehehe... L'Amour in Queens. I can't remember if it was a roller skating rink first or a club. I remember the cheesy wet t-shirt contests they used to hold there.

Danceteria... wow... I remember that. Palladium... my Gawd I thought it was the biggest place I had ever seen til I got inside Limelight or was it the reverse?

I wonder if memories get bigger or the present just shrinks around you...

------------------

Dream a little dream...