Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so what are you reading???

def. wish i had more time to read for pleasure, but with all my school shit, i have no time... :(

either way, summer is coming and i plan to spend looooong hours on the beach catching up.... :cool:

any suggestions? new, old, blaH~???

p.s. for one of my classes i've been reading a lot of books on the taliban, al-qaeda, and bin laden... not the cheeriest choice, but def. informative and thought provoking... if anyone actually is interested, say so and i'll post some titles... :D

i am not in school and i wish i had more time for reading too.

as of this morning, i was reading my Sports Illustrated... lol

but one book that i may suggest is Valley of the Dolls. (dont remember the author) but very good. Strangely enough the time is set post WWII and chronicles the lives of three women surviving in NYC and all its pill popping adventures. you can very well relate to this book although its set some 50 years ago. whipped through that book in abotu 3 days.

Note to suthrnbelle.... forgot to suggest that one to you too! you'd love it.

for some lighter reading, if you haven't read them already i would suggest Harry Potter. AS immature as they sound, they really are good books.

Originally posted by djmoonshine

ahh yeah... im OBSESSED with harry potter... ok well not obsessed, but i love his books... :grin:

so no one on Bump and "..." reads??? :(

this is a thread for suthrnbelle.... but i think she's working tonight.. i'll ask her to reply for ya :D

you are soooo right--this is an ideal thread for me cause i am a bookworm--i read 2 books while i was in NYC last weekend, lol...

for school, i just read White Teeth, which was awesome--and i just read the picture of dorian gray and chatterton too...

i LOVE harry potter(i have the trivia game) and i made NYCchic start them when we used to live togehter :)

right now i am reading a series by Tami Hoag of low budget mysteries ser in New Orleans...they are ok--nothing special...

i read myself to sleep to wind down every night--oh! i just read confessions of a failed southern lady and it was funny..if you want books, let me know what genre you like and i can recommend some...i am a dork like that ;) i re-read old children's books when i am bored, but the other day at work, a customer gave me a list of a bunch of cool books so i will be busy with those for a while ;)

The Ultimate Hicthhikers Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. I am not a big book reader, but a friend told me about this one and how funny it is and that I should read it. I am about 300pgs into and have to force myself to put it down to get stuff done. I love it, one of the funniest books I have ever read.

Originally posted by legend38

When I finish school I will pick up fiction again, until that day comes I am stuck reading my textbooks, chapter after chapter after chapter............

:shake::(

yeah... thats my problem too... :(

suthrnbelle ~ !!! i cannot believe anyone else does that... lolol... when im bored or have nothing to read, i re-read my old judy blume and roald dahl books...

when im done with school in a few weeks ill def. pm you or something and ask for some recommendations~ :)

Originally posted by bellaragazza

if you're into the classics.. then go fo Jane Eyre by Bronte..

one of my personal favs. :D

I just finished writing a huge paper on that for one of my classes -- i'm done with that book for a looooong time!

I haven't had much time to read anything i'd like to - thanks to classes - but one of my all time favorite authors is Carlos Castaneda, anyone every hear of him?

He was a UCLA anthropology student who went down to Mexcio to study the local life/country. He ended up meeting this old indian who was known around town for being a brujo (shaman) and the two become friends. Turns out this brujo was for real and was a student of a very ancient way of thinking. He teaches Castaneda all he knows and leads him through a very weird sort of world. The stories are the actual notes Castaneda took during the years he talked, watched and lived with this indian shaman and his trips/hallucinations he experienced while learning all sorts of ancient ways of life.

It's some really interesting stuff if you're into the whole Indian/shamanism/mysticism thing.

Originally posted by misk

i am currently reading the back of a 'cookie crisp' box....next week i plan to start up with 'lucky charms'........

AGHAHAH LOL!!!

When I was younger and used to eat cereal every day for breakfast, I would read the back of the boxes over and over again every morning .

Originally posted by djmoonshine

yeah... thats my problem too... :(

suthrnbelle ~ !!! i cannot believe anyone else does that... lolol... when im bored or have nothing to read, i re-read my old judy blume and roald dahl books...

when im done with school in a few weeks ill def. pm you or something and ask for some recommendations~ :)

cool, lol, yeah--last night i reread most of Alice in wonderland ;)

Originally posted by legend38

AGHAHAH LOL!!!

When I was younger and used to eat cereal every day for breakfast, I would read the back of the boxes over and over again every morning .

that was back when i would pick which box by which had the best games and stuff on the backs, or the best prizes in them...thos games and puzzles on the backs would get me through breakfast every morning ;)