Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bliss feat. Dave Seaman & Infusion live- fri. June 13th

jcbliss

well guys, its that time of the month again. this time though what we are bringing you is something extra special. Something not too be missed. On friday, the 13th of June Bliss productions is celebrating its 5th anniversary too the day of one of the greatest nights in the history of miami beach. Do any of you remember the glory days when once a month bliss featured dave seaman at groovejet? I get chills just thinking about those days.. anyways too celebrate in old school groovejet style on friday the 13th of June we are having a reunion of sorts too help us celebrate all of these years of bliss. here is the lineup

DAVE SEAMAN - global underground, renaissance, audio therapy, brothers in rhythm, balance promote group, Bliss

INFUSION LIVE - Thunk, - melbourne australia (This live show is sick!)

JON COWAN - Bliss, Renaissance usa, cosmack

This event is brought too you by bliss in association with PM Sessions. Its going too be an amazing night with all sorts of give-aways and special surprises throughout the evening.. Mr. Seaman has also agreed that since it's the 5th year anniversary of our residency with him, that its only propper if he brings you on a bit of a musical journey with some of his groovejet classics ranging through too his music of today.. Trust me, this is a night not too miss..

we hope too see you all for 5yrs of bliss on friday the 13th of June at NERVE

thanks for all of your support! without you guys we could never have made it this far..

peace & Love

Jon:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :tongue:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

don't you guys think maze and nerve should just buy a bus and shuttle us back and forth all night?:D I guess i'll sign autographs at maze till 2 ish then hit nerve...

Originally posted by saleen351

don't you guys think maze and nerve should just buy a bus and shuttle us back and forth all night?:D I guess i'll sign autographs at maze till 2 ish then hit nerve...

if you do that you'll miss the infusion live show.. its got too be one of the best live acts in dance music today.. really raw with sick energy.. trust me, you'll love it.. plus right after infusion plays, Mr. Seaman hits the decks... we all know about him.. He's definitely one of the top dj's you'll ever get the chance too see.. I am so excited for this night.. its going too be a blast...:cool:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by jcbliss

if you do that you'll miss the infusion live show.. its got too be one of the best live acts in dance music today.. really raw with sick energy.. trust me, you'll love it.. plus right after infusion plays, Mr. Seaman hits the decks... we all know about him.. He's definitely one of the top dj's you'll ever get the chance too see.. I am so excited for this night.. its going too be a blast...:cool:

Jon i can't sign autographs at two clubs in the same night with those time slots.... Let move the live show back to 4am ish...

Thanks

:tongue:

Originally posted by saleen351

Jon i can't sign autographs at two clubs in the same night with those time slots.... Let move the live show back to 4am ish...

Thanks

:tongue:

Anything for you my brother... anything too please the mighty saleen.....LOL

:tongue: :tongue:

Originally posted by jcbliss

well guys, its that time of the month again. this time though what we are bringing you is something extra special. Something not too be missed. On friday, the 13th of June Bliss productions is celebrating its 5th anniversary too the day of one of the greatest nights in the history of miami beach. Do any of you remember the glory days when once a month bliss featured dave seaman at groovejet? I get chills just thinking about those days.. anyways too celebrate in old school groovejet style on friday the 13th of June we are having a reunion of sorts too help us celebrate all of these years of bliss. here is the lineup

DAVE SEAMAN - global underground, renaissance, audio therapy, brothers in rhythm, balance promote group, Bliss

INFUSION LIVE - Thunk, - melbourne australia (This live show is sick!)

JON COWAN - Bliss, Renaissance usa, cosmack

This event is brought too you by bliss in association with PM Sessions. Its going too be an amazing night with all sorts of give-aways and special surprises throughout the evening.. Mr. Seaman has also agreed that since it's the 5th year anniversary of our residency with him, that its only propper if he brings you on a bit of a musical journey with some of his groovejet classics ranging through too his music of today.. Trust me, this is a night not too miss..

we hope too see you all for 5yrs of bliss on friday the 13th of June at NERVE

thanks for all of your support! without you guys we could never have made it this far..

peace & Love

Jon:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :tongue:

now we are talking!!! :D

count me in!!!!! :hat:

here is something I found on Infusion if your interested:

Australian live act INFUSION is coming your way. The newest 3-man band sensation from the land down under has already earned accolades in their homeland, as well as the UK and Japan. Finally, they are reaching across our shores to bring their dynamic live show to the states just in time for WMC.

At a time when everybody wants to be a DJ, there are few electronic acts that deliver on the same level as a rock performance with spontaneity, enthusiasm and a 100% live performance, like INFUSION. As front man Jaime Stevens says, “when we play live, it’s about the energy.†With a mixture of synths, vocals, breaks, house and big beats, their live music defies conventional genres but can be classified as energetic, electronic dance music.

An electronic live act not to be missed! INFUSION are Jamie Stevens, Manuel Sharrad and Frank Xavier (currently on AudioTherapy, Marine Parade and Thunk Recordings.)

"Australia's best live act" - Sydney Herald

"Stunning. A force to be reckoned with." - Muzik Magazine

"Fast becoming one of the top production teams in the world." - M8 Magazine

"Eerie, electronic, exciting, and funky as fuck." – Mixmag

"If you haven't heard of Infusion, sort it out." - Seven Magazine

“What has really singled the lads out is their ballistic live sets, which tend to create enough energy to keep a small town going for a week.â€â€“ Resident Advisor

From the studio, their #1 track ‘Legacy’ won Best Single at the 2002 Australian Dance Music Awards. The remixes, Infusion's Synaesthesia Dub and the Junkie XL Mix were just released on Audiotherapy to an exceptional response. The vinyl pressings have now sold out twice, and has been charted, played and lauded by just about every DJ including Sasha, Sander Kleinenberg, and Max Graham; been caned on BBC Radio 1 by Pete Tong and John Digweed on KISS FM. It also debuted at #1 on the US Balance Promote Chart, and the Junkie XL mix was used as the soundtrack for the promotional trailers for the next season of ABC’s hit spy series 'Alias'. It was also awarded 'Breaks Single Of The Month' in both Jockey Slut and M8 Magazine in the UK.

In other production news, Jamie Stevens and Frank Xavier of INFUSION spent early 2001 working with seminal breaks king Adam Freeland, producing and writing stunning tracks for his debut artist album due later this year. One of the tracks 'Big Wednesday', has been licensed for use in the end credits for the DVD of the hugely anticipated anime series of The Matrix, 'The Animatrix'. Further information on the DVD series, including a downloadable trailer, is available at www.whatisthematrix.com.

After Winter Music Conference, INFUSION will be heading for tour dates in Japan and Australia and then returning to the US for additional tour dates in June 2003 including a miami date on the 13th of june at the famed bliss party along with audio therapy label boss Dave Seaman.

www.infusion.net.au

- sounds exciting huh?? -

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D:eek::blank::cool:

I N F U S I O N!

one of the best live acts at the moment .. saw them twice @ WMC and they were amazing both times and fuckin' different :)

I cannot wait for this.

Thank you to everyone invovled for making this happen.

Jon,

When are gonna see Shem and Kelvin back here? :)

Originally posted by rcrespo

I N F U S I O N!

one of the best live acts at the moment .. saw them twice @ WMC and they were amazing both times and fuckin' different :)

I cannot wait for this.

Thank you to everyone invovled for making this happen.

Jon,

When are gonna see Shem and Kelvin back here? :)

your welcome mate - out course I have that in the works at some point in the future. Kelvin may just be one of the badest dj's on the planet...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

This will be my out-of-retirement party;) :D

yup and i like trance:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ogmiami

Just when I thought I was out, They pull me back in!!! Count me in, Jon.

Dade

Was that line done in the Godfather way or in the "guy in the Sopranos 1st season imitating the Godfather way"? :cool:

Unless you're in Michigan or Tampa or some other godawful place where they consider someone like Dave "newfangled"...as a matter of fact it's a prime indicator of backwoodsness if they use the term "newfangled" at all :laugh:

Originally posted by pod

Unless you're in Michigan or Tampa or some other godawful place where they consider someone like Dave "newfangled"...as a matter of fact it's a prime indicator of backwoodsness if they use the term "newfangled" at all :laugh:

I go to Michigan next Thursday... and no more Tampa until October!

Hey you're the one that used the word "newfangled".... yur such a geek Pod.... but I still love ya;) :laugh:

here is an interview I found with Infusion.. figured I would post for your reading pleasure..

Progressive-Sounds: 'Legacy' seems to be a track that very much stays at the heart of Infusion, ambient-esque electronic sounds fusing with subtle grooves to create a captivating masterpiece that has already been well received since it's release on Thunk, not only in Australia but all across the world on import. Now it has been picked up for release as the debut release on Audiotherapy with a new remix from Junkie XL. Why do you think the track continues to get people's attention and are you pleased with how Junkie XL's remix compares to your own?

Jamie: I think it's evident that a lot of a track's success is to do with luck. We did our New Year's Eve gig with Dave Seaman here in Australia last year and he liked what we did and gave him some of our tracks. He was starting to push his Audiotherapy label further and he felt that 'Legacy' was what he wanted for the label's sound. I really don't think it is our best work we've ever done, but it was more a "right person, right place, right time" for us which is fantastic. Maybe the reason for it's longevity is a combination of the fact it was on a GU comp, it's little vocal snippets and that it has a sound that hasn't really tried to be any one thing. The sound of Legacy you've described I think is very much us- the ambient-esque soundscape element is very important to Infusion and we really work hard to create music that has a unique atmosphere, which takes you somewhere else. The Junkie XL mix pushes that soundtrack feel in a beautiful way, too. That mix blew us away! The guitar riff he added was something that I wish was in our original mix. Our original mix on the album is a slower, electro styled breaks ballad of sorts and that guitar would have been brilliant in that context!

Progressive-Sounds: Tracks like 'Starwater' and 'Spike' have already found their way into the boxes of many DJs right across the board. What other new material do you have set to unleash upon the music scene?

Jamie: Well, we've done a new spooky breaks track that got licensed to Marine Parade and that should be out next year. It's a dark and throbbing breaks tune with this weird vocal element that you really have to scratch your head at! We're working on some new tracks, building up some demos and experimenting with some new sounds but nothing concrete at this stage. Frank has done a few things as FEX recently that should be coming out soon, the latest of which, 'Wake Up' came out on George Thompson's Personal Theatre label. I've also done a solo track called 'The Night Before' under my own name that should be coming out on Looq soon.

Progressive-Sounds: 'Phrases and Numbers', your debut album was released in Late 2000. Now that you have set yourself a platform of recognition on the world stage, are there any plans to release this album overseas in the US and Europe, or is a new album in the pipeline?

Jamie: To be honest, I would love to see that album come out over there. We're pretty proud of that album and we spent a long time doing it. It did get a release in Japan and that's still selling pretty well so we're happy about that but a European release would be cool. At the moment, we're just working on ideas, like I said, mainly because we have spent a long time abroad with gigs and when we've been home, we've always had a remix to do. I think people would be a little surprised by that album if it came out now, actually. It's very different to what we do for 12inches and our live shows. It's an album that has been made to be listened to from beginning to end with no real notion that it would ever be a "clubbing" record but that's what we wanted to do- use the album as a platform for more diverse musical ideas. We always wanted to write an album of music, full stop. I think music is too far ranging to limit yourself to 128-132 bpm house and breaks. I mean, we started writing music because we loved music as we were growing up, not because we went clubbing and thought, "hey, let's buy a computer and make some beats". I think our 'Phrases and Numbers' album reflects that.

Progressive-Sounds: As remixers it would seem you are the current flavour of the month with remixes of Alaska Soul, Main Element Feat Kyla and Mangotrasher being released recently to warm receptions. Soon your remix of Sshh's 'Hold That Body' will finally be released on Rhythm Syndicate. Do you feel all these remixes are helping to build your profile overseas, and do you have any further remixes in the pipeline?

Jamie: Flavour of the month? hehe! We love doing remixes. Just playing around with a new palette of sounds from somewhere else is such great fun. I think we only just stopped and realised how many remixes we have done! It is quite a few now. We did a few last year that still haven't come out and we thought they never would. 'Hold That Body' was done almost 2 years ago and we just forgot about it and thought it would never come out. I'm very sure that happens to a lot of producers. It's quite funny that there are so many of our remixes that happen to be released at the same time and it kind of gives the impression that we've had this sudden burst of work when really these current releases were spread over a year, nearly two. They definitely help our profile, no doubt about that. There are many DJs who now know us from a remix they've picked up but may never have picked up an original by us. At the end of the day, music is music and whether it's in the form of a remix or an original track, if it's a good quality record then that can only be a healthy thing. We have a few more remixes that may or may not be coming out. There was another Rhythm Syndicate track that we did for SSL (another Swain and Snell track, I believe) called 'Follow Me' that we also did last year that I hope will come out at some point, a mix for Dave Seaman's Audiotherapy label of BLD's 'Georgia' that we're really happy with. It's a minimal techy-style electro mix with a cool vocal. I'm happy with the fact that we kept that mix really minimal (which can sometimes be a hard thing for us to do). Also, we've got a remix for Spundae about to be released called 'Mindgaps' by Suffix which is on a more atmospheric, percussive sort of tip. That one's probably more akin to the remix we did for Fire. At the moment, we are also working on a remix for Baroque, which is driving along really nicely.

Progressive-Sounds: With a 'world tour' recently completed and under your belt, taking in locations including Japan, the US and UK as well as festivals such as the Big Day Out in Australia, would you say 2002 has been the best year you have had in terms of bookings and where would you like to play next?

Jamie: This year has been an absolute whirlwind for us! We've been very lucky with the kind of places we've gotten to play. It's funny, when we got management last year, we wrote a wish list for the next year and we stated where we would like to play thinking that maybe, eventually, we might get there, and now it's all happened. To get to play at all these cool places is one of the best things about doing what we do and occasionally we have to pinch ourselves, like when I was sitting on the side of this mountain in Japan and this beautiful mist was flowing over the trees and the place smelt beautiful and I just thought, how many people would get to do this? It's amazing our music actually gets us to these places. Where would we like to play? We would always love to go back and play the places we have already played like Fabric, Centro-Fly and Spundae, but maybe places like Iceland, maybe a few European audiences would be cool to play to. I would love to have played at Buzz in Washington DC if it was still around. What is exciting about this industry is that it's constantly evolving and new places keep coming up and there is always something new to explore. That's the beauty of forward thinking music, which is what electronic music, I believe, is supposed to be about.

Progressive-Sounds: Being musicians, singers and songwriters obviously helps in the creation of your music and live show, but what artists and musicians have inspired you over the years? Who would you like to collaborate with on some material if given the chance?

Jamie: We have always been fans of any songwriters/producers who have that intangible emotion between the sounds and the words. I have always been a big fan of Brian Eno, Vangelis, Peter Gabriel, and Laurie Anderson. I get really inspired by contemporary classical composers, too, like Steve Reich and Arvo Part. When I hear extraordinary harmonies, there is nothing else like it. I think inspiration also comes from other sources like the visual art world. Manuel and I come from that background and I find an enormous amount of inspiration in good graphic design with its colours and lines and textures. The visual and the aural world aren't too dissimilar for me when it comes to inspiration. All of us grew up loving what bands like Depeche Mode and New Order did and we are very big fans. Frank was really into Japan, a lot of hiphop, Gary Numan and Ultravox. When Manuel and I met, we were also into Pink Floyd and Genesis although I'm not sure if we should admit to that! If we could collaborate with someone on a few tracks, it would come down to David Sylvian, Brian Eno, David Bowie and Thom Yorke from Radiohead. They're part of our 3-year wish list!

Progressive-Sounds: Name 3 albums that are always in your hifi.

Jamie:

"Oxygene" by Jean Michel Jarre

"Disintegration" by The Cure

"Symphony No.3" by Gorecki (the Elektra Nonesuch recording)

Frank:

"Oil on Canvas" by Japan

"Music for Airports" by Brian Eno

"Amnesiac" by Radiohead

Manuel:

"Unreasonable Behaviour" by Laurent Garnier

"Teenager Of The Year" by Frank Black

"Subliminal Sandwich" by Meat Beat Manifesto

Progressive-Sounds: How do you find the US and UK club scenes compare to that back home in Australia? What Australian producers and acts would you say are really flying the flag for Australia internationally?

Jamie: Travelling around recently, we have come across industry people and DJs who were always talking about the doom and gloom of the scene at the moment. I can see why the say that given poor vinyl sales and so forth, but the clubs we went to were all crazy nights and people are still loving the music providing it was good music. I reckon the state of the scene at the moment can only mean that it's up to the producers and DJs to create music that people will WANT to buy. It's time to create something new, to make good music again and get people excited! I honestly get the feeling that the scene is about to hear some amazing music. In Australia, the scene is really quite healthy. We weren't too thrilled with what was happening in Sydney last year, but things are really picking up there now with some great nights starting up. Here in Melbourne its still really strong and there are some great clubs and the crowds are still really enthusiastic. Perth has an amazing scene. The only crowds I have seen that are more enthusiastic than Perth are the Japanese! Producers in Australia flying the flag?

Hmm, most definitely our friend Luke Chable. He is on fire, that kid! The new Our House (Kasey Taylor and Sean Quinn) stuff is awesome. Ivan Gough and Phil K always produce incredible work. We're pretty lucky living in a place like Melbourne where the DJs and producers are still really hyped about music and keep pushing the scene ahead.

Progressive-Sounds: With a lot of clubs and events placing a major emphasis on live acts and shows, do you feel this will be something that will become commonplace in the future, or merely just as an 'alternative attraction' to the standard dj set?

Jamie: When we started in '94, there were about 3 other live acts in Australia and it was pretty much a novelty to get an act on at a club. I can't see why these days it would be seen in the same light. I think maybe some acts have a lot of work to do in terms of being interesting and being able to maintain the same energy as a good DJ, but it can be done. If someone is really playing live and is able to adapt to a crowd, then that's a pretty forward way of thinking about performing music in a club. Having a really interesting live act has just as much, if not more, longevity than a DJ. Playing something new each time you play to a crowd is really the only way forward. If live acts keep playing off DATS or play their live sequence off a laptop from beginning to end, then yes, that's the death of live acts and being "an alternative attraction" is all they will be. It doesn't make for very exciting repeated viewing, does it? That's why even our friends will come and see us even after a gig two weeks ago because we always play our sets differently and we're constantly refreshing our tracks. I don't see how that wouldn't become commonplace.

:cool: :cool: :D

Hey you're the one that used the word "newfangled".... yur such a geek Pod.... but I still love ya;) :laugh:

when are you coming to S. FL:confused:

go dan - LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: