Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wearin spikes to werk

Originally posted by letemknow00

i werk in a croporate environment n gel my hair in spikes..my clients like it cos its a more informal intimate meeting....the inhousers look at me like im a fool....fuck em theyre old and theyre roth ira's are nondeductible

how big are they?

yes sex i know but e is rite next to w and r so ease n speed yadda....its not sonic or close to da monsters at WH or exit...but it definitely stands at attention...i think its fine..it seems to be the people from boonfuck jersey or wayyy out in LI dat gimme looks so as long as clients r happy n more $$

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

well..theyre absolutely inapropriate in a business environment..its not a club..thats like rocking a fuckin mullet

besides...spikes r the most PLLLLIIZAYYED hairstyle out there next to the whiteboy eminem-esque ceasar cut...

tone it down

agreed... and it should matter to you what you're co-workers think of you via your appearance. you work with them, you should present yourself in a serious and sophisticated manner so that they get the same impression of your work ethic and capabilities.

Fuuuuuuuuuck that...

This is the way I fix my hair. Fuck everybody else. Just like they tell you to take out earings and all that bullshit.

Spikes shouldnt be a big deal since theres people walking around with tattoos on their scalp, spikes coming out of lips, eyebrows, cocks, shit....

Its a hairstyle that im sure EVERYONE has seen by now. Its not like walking in with a 2' Mohawk with red tips...

And thats MY OPINION...take it as you please

TEK

in my second round interview with em i talked most of the interview bout my tattoo with a new recruit from dloitte n touche..of course its hidden for corporate purposes ...but companies want kids who are slightly off da norm...they dont want generic drones werkin with em cos u dont just werk with these guys u end up chillin n bullshittin wit em etc...but then again everyones got a tat nowadays

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

well..theyre absolutely inapropriate in a business environment..its not a club..thats like rocking a fuckin mullet

besides...spikes r the most PLLLLIIZAYYED hairstyle out there next to the whiteboy eminem-esque ceasar cut...

tone it down

exactly. if you want to be treated as a professional at work, at least look the part

i werk in a croporate environment n gel my hair in spikes..my clients like it cos its a more informal intimate meeting....the inhousers look at me like im a fool....fuck em theyre old and theyre roth ira's are nondeductible

honey spikie haie is out but if your still sporting it then try not to go to high ;)

I use to have a thing for this look so dont be offended but that was about 3 years ago..

• 3 weeks later...

its more that i look like i just woke up if i dont gel it that i actually gel it...i think i look more corporate with the gel than without...the latter looks sloppy n bushy n crab infested

this is exactly what I was thinking...I <3 spikes and I think they look neat which is the most important thing

I dunno I agree with both sides. I agree that the spikes are "you" and they are hiring you for the job not for your hair. However, it is work and you shouldnt go to crazy. I guess I would have to see how long your hair is when you spike it. When I go to dinner at my girls house and to job interviews I just do the front and not spike the whole head. I guess its just the way I feel about respect.

Do you.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck it if you wore the spikes to the interview and got the job then you should have no problem with spiked hair however, if you toned it down for the interview and didnt spike your hair then you should come right out and ask your manager or whoever is in charge what the deal is. imo spikes look neat when i go to interviews i just tune it down a notch and spike the front