Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J.P. Quits Factory

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by danihawk

seriously...I am so sick of people acting like anyone who likes JP is a K-snorting juiceball...you obviously wouldn't know this b/c you've probably never hung out with anyone at Factory, but lots of people go there to dance and hear the music, not to do drugs, and there is no reason to hate on anyone for that

This comment is being directed toward kilg0retr0ut right??? Cause you and I or on the same page:cool:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty upsetting to know. I've had 7 years of wonderful experiences from that place under JP's Saturday / Sunday residency. His dedication to the scene helped keep alive a city that was (and still is) hurting for real afterhours venues.

However, I can't necessarily say that Junior won't do good for the club. If he is made resident dj, he will turn out some nasty fuckin afterhours parties.

Originally posted by *********

i read this on another site it was funny

i heard junior really works for Mayor Bloomberg and is the finishing part of Giuliani's kill the NYC nightlife program....he goes from club to club ruining parties until there will be nothing left

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

it kinda makes sense...look at all the places he was at until they finally just shut down or went completely to shit.

If he is made resident dj, he will turn out some nasty fuckin afterhours parties.

Yea but the majority of the Sound Factory regulars WILL NOT attend those parties.

There is someone on the JP boards with the sig. "Where JP goes, I go!"

And that explains it all. You have to understand that for years we have gone to this place to hear HIM.

Of course ive been to other places, ive been to almost all other places, but that was the place they didnt dissapoint...well now...it did.

Honestly, think about it...an ERA is over. Now its on to something new. Some people act like this is the worst thing to ever happen to them. Thats sad. But this is def. a big hit to the NYC Afterhours scene. Anybody can talk all the shit they want about JP or Factory but there was something being done right for this party to be going strong for this amount of time.

Tek

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Yea but the majority of the Sound Factory regulars WILL NOT attend those parties.

There is someone on the JP boards with the sig. "Where JP goes, I go!"

They are not supposed to attend those parties, that's the point, he (Grant) wants a CHANGE. I say he'd rather see some cute gay boys in there, instead. Can you blame him?

I think the purpose is to re-invent Saturday night at Factory. Mr. Grant hasn't turned you away, he was just extending Friday night to you, and JP didn't want it....so, that means...you'll have to wait and see.

Honestly, think about it...an ERA is over. Now its on to something new. Some people act like this is the worst thing to ever happen to them. Thats sad. But this is def. a big hit to the NYC Afterhours scene.

Excellent point!

Anybody can talk all the shit they want about JP or Factory but there was something being done right for this party to be going strong for this amount of time.

And something must have gone terribly wrong for it to change, no?

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

And something must have gone terribly wrong for it to change, no?

No, not necessarily, it's called a 7 year itch. The owner is bored with the status quo. It's like when you get sick of the decor in your house and you just want to redecorate everything.

I dont get it I really dont been to SF on suday mournings maybe 10 times in the last year usually after howells ( maybe this is the reason) But JP wasnt all that good....i think the guy who will get most hurt by this and the one who has some skill on the wheelz is Cleveland that dude can rock it out......The party is turning gay thats why all SF heads should be upset....that club at least to me was more about the experince then JP.... The man lost his touch i mean i cant speak for back in the day but at least in the last year he just isnt that good....JR is going to rock it out and If anyone deserves a big room its him....him along with Jellybean,Levan, Tenaglia are the ones who have made the after hours in this city what it is but the K and Tina crowd wouldnt understand that.....

GO PUT NO ONES GONNA CHANGE YOU ON REPEAT AT JOEYS IN CLIFTON AND YOULL HAVE AN AVERAGE SUNDAY MOURNING AT SF....

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by rollindeep11

JR is going to rock it out and If anyone deserves a big room its him....him along with Jellybean,Levan, Tenaglia are the ones who have made the after hours in this city what it is but the K and Tina crowd wouldnt understand that.....

GO PUT NO ONES GONNA CHANGE YOU ON REPEAT AT JOEYS IN CLIFTON AND YOULL HAVE AN AVERAGE SUNDAY MOURNING AT SF....

Again yeah ok. You don't even make any sense.

"If anyone deserves a big room its him....him along with Jellybean,Levan, Tenaglia are the ones who have made the after hours in this city what it is but the K and Tina crowd wouldnt understand that....."

That has got to be the most idiotic comment I have read all day, if not all week.

WTF STFU:jerkoff:

Originally posted by *********

i read this on another site it was funny

i heard junior really works for Mayor Bloomberg and is the finishing part of Giuliani's kill the NYC nightlife program....he goes from club to club ruining parties until there will be nothing left

u lava that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit:tongue:

I dont get it I really dont been to SF on suday mournings maybe 10 times in the last year usually after howells ( maybe this is the reason) But JP wasnt all that good....i think the guy who will get most hurt by this and the one who has some skill on the wheelz is Cleveland that dude can rock it out......The party is turning gay thats why all SF heads should be upset....that club at least to me was more about the experince then JP.... The man lost his touch i mean i cant speak for back in the day but at least in the last year he just isnt that good....JR is going to rock it out and If anyone deserves a big room its him....him along with Jellybean,Levan, Tenaglia are the ones who have made the after hours in this city what it is but the K and Tina crowd wouldnt understand that.....

First off. Learn to type.

Second. Learn to spell.

Third. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Fourth. I don't use k or tina, and I still enjoyed JP's sets. Don't sterotype everyone who liked JP.

Fifth. Your an asshole.

Originally posted by shortyrockrox

Again yeah ok. You don't even make any sense.

"If anyone deserves a big room its him....him along with Jellybean,Levan, Tenaglia are the ones who have made the after hours in this city what it is but the K and Tina crowd wouldnt understand that....."

That has got to be the most idiotic comment I have read all day, if not all week.

WTF STFU:jerkoff:

disgruntled JP fan its ok.... :swallow:

Guest shortyrockrox

First off. Learn to type.

Second. Learn to spell.

Third. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Fourth. I don't use k or tina, and I still enjoyed JP's sets. Don't sterotype everyone who liked JP.

Fifth. Your an asshole.

Well Said :clap:

Guest shortyrockrox

disgruntled JP fan its ok.... :swallow:

Disgruntled hardley, stupider for reading your posts probably.

STFU

bitch ass shnit talker:finger:

Try to listen to DT sober lololololol.

Flashback to 2000 when a man by the name of carl cox shit all over that aging heroine addict. DT has talent but listen the man is a bit overrated. JP is doo doo as well, i loved goin to Factory back in the day but listen this issue will die out soon.

DT and his soulfull house can stick it somewhere i really dont care for his crap, give me some good old fashion techno or give me death. I think he hits the loop button as much as JP did lolol. Whatever the city has just changed, JP mite not be all that good but the vibe and people that went to SF years back will not be matched.

RIP afterhours.

Let the DT drama begin. HAHAHAHAHA

It will be sad to see JP go, but you have to give the respect where it is due. We know we have all had many great nights, mornings in Factory, and The whole time you never got the feeling of a "full of himself DJ like alot of them who are all up in your face" JP spins from above and creates a vibe just for us, that says a lot about the great unselfish DJ that he is. If this so called rumer is true I'm thankful for all the fun that has been had. As far as Senior goes, ooops did I say Senior, I meant Junior, I was never a big fan, I heard he is rude to woman, and that is just not right. JP made the SF what it has been and in my eyes, it will never be the same without him.. If he goes he will be missed, MARK MY WORDS... ;)

i was never a hard core factory frequenter, but after 4 am in the winter time there is no better place to go than the factory, and most of the times i would go there drunk and dance my silly little ass off till 9 or 10, drugs don't necessarily mean shit, for some people they need it others don't, jp was a great dj who represented a good vibe of people every sat/sun for 7 years had i know sooner that it was his last nite i def woulda attended many memories in that house....as for junior the gay crowd is a very big turn off, cuz most of them are assholes just like him and don't like u unless your gay, they don't understand that there are other people who like to go out and listen to music and just have a good time....i don't care if they are around me why should they care if i'm around them, leave me the fuck alone and i'll do the same