Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J.P. Quits Factory

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's the deal, from Junior himself. (and don't think I'm biased, I was in JP's factory heyday and am loyal as all hell to that man...)

December, Junior will be returning to SoundFactory as the new resident DJ. At this time, Jonathon is scheduled for the Friday night party, or he may leave permanently. End of story.

It's not hype, it's fact. From Junior himself.

Originally posted by danwilson

Oh Shit, it is true. Richard Grant is a fool. He's dreaming if he thinks Junior can bring in the money JP does.

What club you think JP will go to?

--It's not always about money, I admire him for finally taking a stand in something he must have a feeling about. That alone takes courage and confidence. I think he has enough of a secure foundation to be able to do that, combined with knowlegde, experience and vision; it could be the start of a revolution on the night scene.

I happen to have always liked that man, he's always observing.

p.s.--from the interpretations of that NY Times article, Crobar doesn't want the k-hole crowd. So, I would rule out Crobar.

Originally posted by muzikchick

--It's not always about money, I admire him for finally taking a stand in something he must have a feeling about. That alone takes courage and confidence. I think he has enough of a secure foundation to be able to do that, combined with knowlegde, experience and vision; it could be the start of a revolution on the night scene.

Amen to that.

Originally posted by muzikchick

Amen to that.

crobar will attract massive crowds once they open.....but lets face it .. all new clubs need a proven draw to keep that crowd there every week... I don't know of any dj since larry levan that has a more loyal following in NY than JP.... as far as him "atracting" the young K-hole crowd, its just not true... and even if it is true... why were these "k-hole kids" not weeded out after all these years....

lets not be hypocrites.... 80% of hardcore clubbers are on drugs... I dont care what any of you will say....Some people are more obvious and less discreet... and owners and management turn a blind eye.. Drugs are everywhere, even at the so-called upscale venues that attract "older crowds" ... you can rest assured that people spending $400 on a bottle of belevedere are washing down rails and whatever else .... Its a dont ask dont tell issue with club owners as long as the money is rolling in....owners will stay in business as long as they reach out to the NYPD and cooperate and play nice.... Do you honestly beleive that Sound Factory is the only club full of crackheads... they just happen to be the last stop on a sunday morning

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

crobar will attract massive crowds once they open.....but lets face it .. all new clubs need a proven draw to keep that crowd there every week....Victor Calderone has been around the block and he's great... I don't know of any dj since larry levan that has a more loyal following in NY than JP.... as far as him "atracting" the young K-hole crowd, its just not true... and even if it is true... why were these "k-hole kids" not weeded out after all these years.... From what I've been told Crobar will be a circus meets twilight zone vibe ... who better to serve the madness

lets not be hypocrites.... 80% of hardcore clubbers are on drugs... I dont care what any of you will say....Some people are more obvious and less discreet... and owners and management turn a blind eye.. Drugs are everywhere, even at the so-called upscale venues that attract "older crowds" ... you can rest assured that people spending $400 on a bottle of belevedere are washing down rails and whatever else .... Its a dont ask dont tell issue with club owners as long as the money is rolling in....owners will stay in business as long as they reach out to the NYPD and cooperate and play nice.... Do you honestly beleive that Sound Factory is the only club full of crackheads... they just happen to be the last stop on a sunday morning

wow i feel this is an insult and a slap in the face for jp

iam not a big jp fan and not even really a big house fan but i still respect it and i respect jp for wat he has done for the scene over the years

i used to like jp from 98 till 2000 when he played alot of progressive underground house. the few times i seen him some times i had fun, sometimes i wassent feeling it but whatever thats just me

when its all done at the end its all about business. the factory scene was going downhill, alot of people can say iam wrong but ricard grant probbly doesent want the same old bridge and tunnel k- head crowd who just come there to do drugs, dance around wit their shirts off and pretend they are gods gift, i wouldent want assholes like that around me either.

now i know there are alot of real deal jp fans on this board who go to sf sober just to hear his music and yous are the ones who are being hurt by this. its really sad wat drugs can do to people and how people will walk around "yea jonathan rip it iam mangleddddd" or watever they say lol. but jp has had his party goin for like 5 years marathon mix after marathon mix he has done alot for the scene today and by richard askin him to move his party to friday nights so jr can take over his spot, is just a slap in the face and jp is 100% rite for leaving sf

maybe now he can show a crowd outside of ny and nj what he is cappable of, i wish jp the best

and on a last note i wonder how long juniors new party will last i mean jr is gettin old he was at exit for what 2 years? and then ditched it. i think its gonna bite richard in the ass cause when jr finally leaves and he has no one to turn to and is on his hands and knees begging jp to come back, he will get the last laugh

sorry if i just blabbed on and on but i never really say nothin about sf or its crowd and i guess iam just letting it all out 2nite lol

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

crobar will attract massive crowds once they open.....but lets face it .. all new clubs need a proven draw to keep that crowd there every week... I don't know of any dj since larry levan that has a more loyal following in NY than JP.... as far as him "atracting" the young K-hole crowd, its just not true... and even if it is true... why were these "k-hole kids" not weeded out after all these years....

very well put...

on another note I think its really fucked up, how RG has fucked over JP....the guy was there for like 8-9 years and he never missed a single sat/sun...that is pretty crazy if you think about it. If he wanted to change the crowd, there are otherways going about it, instead of just changing the whole party, thats just my opinion. Im just wondering what led to this, cause I seen the SF website and they had all theme parties planned until somehting like June, so maybe somehting happened recently.

Originally posted by aystar

wow i feel this is an insult and a slap in the face for jp

iam not a big jp fan and not even really a big house fan but i still respect it and i respect jp for wat he has done for the scene over the years

i used to like jp from 98 till 2000 when he played alot of progressive underground house. the few times i seen him some times i had fun, sometimes i wassent feeling it but whatever thats just me

when its all done at the end its all about business. the factory scene was going downhill, alot of people can say iam wrong but ricard grant probbly doesent want the same old bridge and tunnel k- head crowd who just come there to do drugs, dance around wit their shirts off and pretend they are gods gift, i wouldent want assholes like that around me either.

now i know there are alot of real deal jp fans on this board who go to sf sober just to hear his music and yous are the ones who are being hurt by this. its really sad wat drugs can do to people and how people will walk around "yea jonathan rip it iam mangleddddd" or watever they say lol. but jp has had his party goin for like 5 years marathon mix after marathon mix he has done alot for the scene today and by richard askin him to move his party to friday nights so jr can take over his spot, is just a slap in the face and jp is 100% rite for leaving sf

maybe now he can show a crowd outside of ny and nj what he is cappable of, i wish jp the best

and on a last note i wonder how long juniors new party will last i mean jr is gettin old he was at exit for what 2 years? and then ditched it. i think its gonna bite richard in the ass cause when jr finally leaves and he has no one to turn to and is on his hands and knees begging jp to come back, he will get the last laugh

sorry if i just blabbed on and on but i never really say nothin about sf or its crowd and i guess iam just letting it all out 2nite lol

I dun think the decison had anything to do with drugs. Do you really think no one at Juniors parties does drugs?

A Brief Word from the Man himself Richard Grant:

What is an Enlightened Millionaire?

An enlightened millionaire is a person who always strives to be the best they can be, who knows no boundaries, and knows that there can be abundance for all. They know that creativity is unlimited. That the application of creativity to everyday needs is the basis of providing value, which in turn creates wealth. They live in balance. Their life is a life devoted to living and sharing abundance through service that allows them to give their unique gifts--for the benefit of themselves, their families, their communities and the world.

The world is shifting. No longer will our society support the pursuit of money for money's sake. We are entering a time when we recognize that none of us exists in isolation. We invite you to step into this new world with us.

"What is the opposite of abundance? It’s not scarcity. It’s greed. Greed is the belief that there is not enough for everyone, so you’d better grab yours now. What is the opposite of love? It’s not hate. It’s fear. Fear is the belief that someone or something can hurt you."

"Ultimately, the product you sell is love—manifested and materialized."

- Thank you for your time and attention,

Richard Grant

**I'm kidding.

HEre is from DT:

It truly is unfair and hurtful to a DJ to get such negative opinions posted. This man entertians so many 1000o's per year. I did not know until I got there that it was going to be his last night?? (GAG) I brought 7 people with me and proved to them that #1. Jonathan was a DJ who deserves more respect! The party was intimate, but crowded enough. Which is expected after they had almost 6000 people there on Halloween,

Time will tell what will happen, for now I am keeping my opinion to myself if some of the rumors I heard were true! :eek:

Peace,

...dt...

:bighug:

And from junior's manager:

Thank you all for your positive feedback about Junior's potential future residency at the Sound Factory. As both an avid factory kid myself from early 1990 until closing night in February 1995 AND as Junior's manager for the past five years, I feel like it's a disservice to Junior for me to not have done everything possible to orchestrate a reunion between the very best club in the world and the very best DJ in the world. No one produces events like Richard Grant, and no one operates a club with Mr. Grant's passion and control.

I must EMPHASIZE it is premature to say that there is a firm deal for Junior to be BACK at the Factory every Saturday night/Sunday morning as of yet, but it is the full intention of Junior and his company/staff to make this happen. It's a relief to me and our staff that FINALLY the burden of producing events worthy of Junior can be in the hands of the only person in whose hands we trust doing so (Richard Grant + The Factory's hands, of course), so our energies can return to ensuring that Junior's studio work and label and radio show and other enterprises are handled responsibly.

Once the deal is finalized, you'll hear it here first.

Kudos to the Factory, its owners and management (and to my often stubborn client) for all seeing eye to eye again. Prepare for the second coming - and MUZIK MUZIK MUZIK.

Jerome Farley

Originally posted by *********

i read this on another site it was funny

i heard junior really works for Mayor Bloomberg and is the finishing part of Giuliani's kill the NYC nightlife program....he goes from club to club ruining parties until there will be nothing left

that is hilarious, and the thing is, i really wouldnt doubt it cause they are trying to do everything to shut down the nightlife...and all they needed to do was speak to a few people in the industry to find that out, cause they have been trying to shut the factory down for so long now...it sucks tho, i just started going and now its dead...hope he moves to crobar or some other new spot so that hes still around