Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J.P. Quits Factory

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by someclown

There is a reason why Junior's party at Exit didn't last long, and it's not because it was so great.

Exit had a lot to do with it--a shitty venue, with shitty management that drew a shitty crowd. His parties at the old Factory/Twilo were not like those at Exit.

For all the people that say Junior will never pack SF like JP did...well, Junior used to pack in 6000 heads for his big events @ Exit, just like JP did for his Halloween party. Junior has a HUGE following himself who are all dying to hear Junior in a good venue again...not to mention back at SOUND FACTORY (not the same SF obviously). This party is going to be MASSIVE!

Originally posted by bleachblond420

For all the people that say Junior will never pack SF like JP did...well, Junior used to pack in 6000 heads for his big events @ Exit, just like JP did for his Halloween party. Junior has a HUGE following himself who are all dying to hear Junior in a good venue again...not to mention back at SOUND FACTORY (not the same SF obviously). This party is going to be MASSIVE!

Agreed 1,000,000 % :D

these new clubs are all aiming for a much more musically intelligent crowd than the cavepeople that jp and his like attract ... crobar is out of the question ... avalon is out of the question ... spirit doesn't sound like a jp-friendly place at all ...

i forsee exit ditching the saturday night latin theme real soon and hiring you know who ...

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by kilg0retr0ut

these new clubs are all aiming for a much more musically intelligent crowd than the cavepeople that jp and his like attract ... crobar is out of the question ... avalon is out of the question ... spirit doesn't sound like a jp-friendly place at all ...

i forsee exit ditching the saturday night latin theme real soon and hiring you know who ...

So are you saying that anyone that has ever enjoyed hearing JP Spin is lacking intelligence??

And who are you referring to when you say "and his like"?

yeah ok :jerkoff:

Originally posted by aystar

he has done alot for the scene today and by richard askin him to move his party to friday nights so jr can take over his spot, is just a slap in the face and jp is 100% rite for leaving sf

maybe now he can show a crowd outside of ny and nj what he is cappable of, i wish jp the best

and on a last note i wonder how long juniors new party will last i mean jr is gettin old he was at exit for what 2 years? and then ditched it. i think its gonna bite richard in the ass cause when jr finally leaves and he has no one to turn to and is on his hands and knees begging jp to come back, he will get the last laugh

sorry if i just blabbed on and on but i never really say nothin about sf or its crowd and i guess iam just letting it all out 2nite lol

1- i agree, askin him to go to fri nites is demoting the guy, not like hes only been there a few months, didnt bring in a crowd and was making Grant lose $$$ -- exact opposite!

2- hope he can keep his head up off the tables & show everyone else what he can do!!! & if he can...

3- ...Then Grant will be begging him to come bak ...did ne1 go to exit when jr was there, place was 3/4 empty... Good luck 2 aLL

Guest shortyrockrox

Hmmmm...if JP did do Friday night/Saturday mornings could they serve drinks the whole time????

I have been hearing since the underwear party that they have been trying to shorten the length of a factory night, maybe this was the ultimate goal??

just pondering.....:tongue:

Originally posted by ecua626

u are so ignorant

i hope ur mother is proud:rolleyes:

ok, i'm ignorant ...

you're right ...

avalon and the new places all seem to really be lining up local djs with that bridge and tunnel hard house sound ...

it's a sound that was never regarded with anything but distaste by the rest of the world ...

go back through the years on this message board ...

how many posts are there asking "why isn't sound factory in the top 100 world club" poll ...

"why isn't jp on the top 100 dj list?" ...

people from other parts of the world are coming into new york and starting up clubs now ...

they're implementing decent music ...

richard grant realizes this ...

so he brings in a world renowned dj like junior ...

and kicks out the god of all guidos ...

things are changing ...

for the better ...

As much as I love Junior, don't you guys think it would be smarter to let Junior have Friday and let JP keep Saturdays? I personally think JP is just ok, but financially this would make more sense. Majority of Junior's crowd is gay so wouldn't having on Friday be better than competing with Roxy (Rauhofer) on Saturday nights? Especially since there are no good, large gay parties on Fridays, they are all Saturday and Sunday? Thats just me but I'm biased since I want a Friday night place to go LOL

Leo

iam still very confused by all you people who will favor jr at factory and who are lookin foward to it,

i just have to ask how will you guys get in if its a gay night only?

i mean jr is very very very strict no girls and no straight guys from what ive been told

just a question to think about

Guest shortyrockrox

Umm in case you haven't noticed, there are hardley any American dj's listed in the top 100, and the ones that are, are pretty high on the list.

Also, by kicking out "the God of The Guidos", and bringing in the "God of the Gays", on a Saturday night, which already has many successful gay spots, doesn't seem like the best idea. Really thinking back to twilo, I can remember not being received too well being a female after 4am. Of course Junior is an incredible DJ, but I do remember leaving twilo around 5 and going to hear JP.

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by sweetestkitty

aww i remember closing tunnel at 10-11am ish & walkin down 27th, passing twilo and seein all the huge naked leather wearing gays going into twilo, yea they didnt seem like they wanted us girls there... jp's gotta find a new home sooon! :(

hahaha thats soo funny, cause i couldn't have described it better myself!!!;)

does anyone have any accurate info as to what jp is going to do now?

and whats happening with classics?

in my opinion, sf themes r the most fun events in nyc right now. the place is not a club - its a whole other universe, and somehow i dont understand why anyone would change it seeing as how much $$$$$$ it brings in...

please answer my 2 questions

Speculations for the new night at Factory~~

Junior

doesn't usually open early, so I would imagine there will be an opening d.j. who will draw in a different type of crowd depending on their following, or who would want to go listen to them. Then, I would imagine, by the time Junior comes on, probably 4am or so, it will be a nice intimate crowd, where you can actually have space to move. Once Roxy ends, Peter's crowd will come over for the usual closing of the night.

Expect to see some interesting new talent. There's alot of d.j.'s who would be honored to open for Junior.

As for door policy, if you look like a Tunnel kid, you would probably get turned away, that is what Darryl usually did. But, I don't know if they will keep Paris, or not, she probably would recognize you if you were a prior regular.

There was a time when JP did friday and saturday party, both nights. He actually took over his partner Eddie Baez' night on Friday....that didn't go over to well with Eddie. So, perhaps Karma has come back to undo what was done. Plus, at the time when Junior and Grant first parted, JP bad mouthed Junior to get the job, no other dj would disrespect Junior at that time....but, that is water under the bridge.

It's time to start with a clean slate.:idea:

Originally posted by shortyrockrox

So are you saying that anyone that has ever enjoyed hearing JP Spin is lacking intelligence??

And who are you referring to when you say "and his like"?

yeah ok :jerkoff:

seriously...I am so sick of people acting like anyone who likes JP is a K-snorting juiceball...you obviously wouldn't know this b/c you've probably never hung out with anyone at Factory, but lots of people go there to dance and hear the music, not to do drugs, and there is no reason to hate on anyone for that