Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J.P. Quits Factory

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's probably JP who made the mistake in not taking the opportunity to go to a Friday night party. Instead of looking at it as a new opportunity, he took it as a blow to his ego.

Besides, Junior's resume is alot more impressive than JP's, alot more diverse in his crowd attraction, as well.

Comparing Junior to JP is like comparing Britney to Cher. I'd rather go see Cher, although even Britney chose Junior to do a remix for her.

Junior and JP working the same club would have been like Madonna and Britney swappin' spit for the crowd. Shows some teamwork, eh?

Ahhhhhhhhhh stupid false pride got in the way of this venture.

Richard Grant made JP, by providing him with a strong foundation and support....what makes you think he couldn't do the same with another young and hungry producer on Friday night....is how JP started.

It's not the end of the world people. :eek:

Originally posted by lelo

Try to listen to DT sober lololololol.

Flashback to 2000 when a man by the name of carl cox shit all over that aging heroine addict. DT has talent but listen the man is a bit overrated. JP is doo doo as well, i loved goin to Factory back in the day but listen this issue will die out soon.

DT and his soulfull house can stick it somewhere i really dont care for his crap, give me some good old fashion techno or give me death. I think he hits the loop button as much as JP did lolol. Whatever the city has just changed, JP mite not be all that good but the vibe and people that went to SF years back will not be matched.

RIP afterhours.

Let the DT drama begin. HAHAHAHAHA

that is the DUmbest thing I ever heard in my life

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by lelo

Try to listen to DT sober lololololol.

Ya know what that may be the dumbest thing I ever heard. Def. true Siceone...

Actuallly ya know what, YOU should try listening to DT sober, cause I do it almost every Sat. morning, and damn is he SICKKKK!!! :rock:

Now off DT cause this thread has nothing to do with him an his talents, So please will you people stop with your rumors and allegations and so called inside info or whatever you call it...Please can we just wait it out and see what happens w/ this marvelous dj, he will end up somewhere else its just a matter of time and the people patient enough will be able to enjoy him again but u SF crackheads who feed off JP to survive well I cant really give you much hope as of now instead of turning gay...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by danwilson

Junior's party will fail miserably and Grant will realize what an idiot he was to let go of Peters. It would be so funny, if Marvisi signed Peters at Exit and his party wiped out the JV party at SF. Talk about Sweet Revenge on Junior and Grant.

it would also be so funny if you would stop posting stupid hypothetical situations...

Originally posted by muzikchick

ewwwwwwwww, your the reason I tend to prefer gay clubs. nastyyyyyyyy attitude.

Why is that? If you read the rest of my quote I state that I don't mind some of that but at the same time I don't want all dudes around me...It is nice to have some "real" women around.

That's ok though...go enjoy your gay clubs!

I hear you with wanting some women in the establishment. As much as I'm a Junior fan, some of his parties have been nothing but burley boys, lol. I really don't have a problem with it, since I go out only to dance, not to hook up, but females do add a nice balance to a nightclub.

However, in all honesty, I have to admit that, as heterosexual as I am, I've had greater times at Junior's afterhours than I've ever had at JP's afterhours. The music and overall vibe were just so much better.

Even though Junior's afterhours are packed with a shitload of guys, none of them have ever been a dick to me, and none of them have ever given me nasty glances or even a hint of an attitude. I've always met guys (gay and straight) who were just cool as shit at Junior's venues. In my opinion, the crowd at Junior's parties are just nicer, and I've never feel that hint of testosterone-induced drama that I do at other clubs.

u ppl are so close minded

juniors party will do ok... gay parties always have the best music... and HELLO THAT'S WHAT OUR PRECIOUS SF started w/!!!

gay parties bring beautiful girls and tasteful guys (ax tanks and rip off sunglass does not equal tasteful)

u need to look at the positive!!!

jp will find a new place and will get his crowd in a different venue... and just think of all the times u complained about sf falling off here's a solution!!!!

junior's party will do fine.. he's an awesome dj.. if they let girls into the party i think it will do ok.. .and they should bc grant has a lot of expenses to cover.... and 46th street is kind of far away from gay central.....

ps i went to sandbar and it was packed wall to wall w/ all jersey guidossssss to see JUNYAH, the next week it was empty.....

so just think of it like this, u'll be able to hear two awesome dj's in nyc every weekend (if jp takes a residency somewhere) and u won't be stuck at the same club EVERY week, finally some choice

Originally posted by nikkinix

u straight males forget how much girls love gay guys

and i know how much some of u juice heads love them too

Not a juice head, but I've got a few gay friends who did the whole "queer eye for the straight guy" thing with me years before the show was ever aired. And she's right, gay parties do draw quite a bit of hottie chicks...

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

I hear you with wanting some women in the establishment. As much as I'm a Junior fan, some of his parties have been nothing but burley boys, lol. I really don't have a problem with it, since I go out only to dance, not to hook up, but females do add a nice balance to a nightclub.

However, in all honesty, I have to admit that, as heterosexual as I am, I've had greater times at Junior's afterhours than I've ever had at JP's afterhours. The music and overall vibe were just so much better.

Even though Junior's afterhours are packed with a shitload of guys, none of them have ever been a dick to me, and none of them have ever given me nasty glances or even a hint of an attitude. I've always met guys (gay and straight) who were just cool as shit at Junior's venues. In my opinion, the crowd at Junior's parties are just nicer, and I've never feel that hint of testosterone-induced drama that I do at other clubs.

Agreed about the better vibe and music. Regarding their music, Junior will run circles around JP, even at his age. For example, anyone who went to Junior's classics party and has been to any JP classics party can testify to this. Junior's classics party this year was one of the sickest nights of music I've ever experienced. 5 turntables going at once, flawless mixing, and no filler! JP doesn't even come close.

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

According to the SF website, there will be three parties held to celebrate JP's finale as well as all of the contributions he's made over the past 7 years.

I know for a fact JP will not be a part of those parties. So who knows wtf they're talking about.

Originally posted by earthling

what does it say?

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2003

SOUNDFACTORY PRESENTS

"IT'S A WRAP"

THIS WILL BE ONE OF THREE PARITES

CELEBRATING THE ENORMOUS

CONTRIBUTION

JONATHAN PETERS

HAS MADE TO THE LEGEND OF SOUDFACTORY AND

TO PREPARE FOR THE DEBUT OF OUR NEW SATURDAY NIGHT DJ JUNIOR VASQUEZ

CONSULT OUR WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON