Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J.P. Quits Factory

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

We know we have all had many great nights, mornings in Factory, and The whole time you never got the feeling of a "full of himself DJ like alot of them who are all up in your face" JP spins from above and creates a vibe just for us, that says a lot about the great unselfish DJ that he is.

No offense, but you you have no idea what you are talking about. Not that I do either, but I have known many, many people who have met JP and were freinds with him. And every single one of them said he was an arrogant asshole, and his ego was bigget then SF itself. Someitmes you just haveto swallow your pride and admit someone else is right, and JP just couldnt do that.

For all you SF drama queens that wear the "JP #1 DJ" hats and shirts, I am not hating, I wish JP was still nasty, I am just stating an opinion.

Originally posted by ClubQuest

i was never a hard core factory frequenter, but after 4 am in the winter time there is no better place to go than the factory, and most of the times i would go there drunk and dance my silly little ass off till 9 or 10, drugs don't necessarily mean shit, for some people they need it others don't, jp was a great dj who represented a good vibe of people every sat/sun for 7 years had i know sooner that it was his last nite i def woulda attended many memories in that house....as for junior the gay crowd is a very big turn off, cuz most of them are assholes just like him and don't like u unless your gay, they don't understand that there are other people who like to go out and listen to music and just have a good time....i don't care if they are around me why should they care if i'm around them, leave me the fuck alone and i'll do the same

I've heard Junior play many times, no I am not gay, and that shouldnt matter anyway. Yes, there more then a few assholes at Junior's party but I have definitley seen way more assholes at SF at times. Junior has many stragiht fans and he knows this and respects them because they are open-minded. I have met many cool people who have just come up and started talking to me @ Junior's parties telling me that it's cool that I don't hate gay people. I think the bottom line is, for the most part, if you're open-minded and arent a hater then it would be just like going to SF any other night. However there will always be a few assholes everywhere.

Originally posted by trueqwest

So is the Factory Sat nghts going to be a gay party or will it try to keep the same mixed crowd?

As someone said before, look for a predominantly straight night from 11am-4am. the best time will probably be 4am-7am when the crowd starts to mix up. by 8 am, the club will be filled with chelsea boys, without shirts. the normal Sf crowd will not feel comfortable at all, and the QUEENS will not let you feel comfortable, because they will be trying to mark their territory; and yes, in their mind, NYC AFTERHOURS, is there territory. they were here way before JP AND ALL THE GUIDO'S. you guys were just renting that space, and now, you're gone.

To me, this is still a problem beacuse clubbing should be inclusive, not exlusive. But everyone must admit that SF became so clicky over the past few years, to the point where it was like gangs in one corner and gangs in another. But everyone looked and acted the same. there was no variation in the crowd. Jr's party will have variation between normal hours, but get out by 7am, because you will not understand what's going on.

To all Sf heads, you have just become exposed to what the older clubbers went thru in the early 90's, when we had "our" clubs closed down. Although SF will remain open, it will never be the same club you guys know again. Keep your memories, that's all that's left of SF AND JP.:hat::blown:

a little history is come back to NY

this might not be SF that was on 27th St, but its still the same owners and same idea. Dancing, and a love for house music!

i know richard well, and i wont even hint on why things are changing there, but have u seen the change, like from 5 years ago? these cluelss girls who arent even from NY, and there CRAZY ass guys, boil that in mix in a few other things, and your about to loose Everything u worked SO HARD TO CREATE.

u kids, fucked your soundfactory up, your to Young, your to dumb and have no clue of NY's past present or FUTURE, u wanna do your drugs look cool, and be cool, well SF WAS NEVER COOL, lol

it was a different feeling, and a different idea,

Mainstream AMERICA came in and fucked it all up.

im happy its going back to its GAY ROOTS, since it was a GAY CLUB when it started, and im happy JR is in works for signing TONIGHT............

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD THING,

that party/dj/crowd has been giving after hours in NY a bad taste for years now,

onehappybitch

coming soon to factory near you! lol

oly>

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

I've heard Junior play many times, no I am not gay, and that shouldnt matter anyway. Yes, there more then a few assholes at Junior's party but I have definitley seen way more assholes at SF at times. Junior has many stragiht fans and he knows this and respects them because they are open-minded. I have met many cool people who have just come up and started talking to me @ Junior's parties telling me that it's cool that I don't hate gay people. I think the bottom line is, for the most part, if you're open-minded and arent a hater then it would be just like going to SF any other night. However there will always be a few assholes everywhere.

Yea but you see there is one major problem, many and I stress many, of those pinheads are not open-minded one bit which will force this party to go down the tubes...single minded people ahhhh they irriatate me :blown:

Originally posted by househead24

Yea but you see there is one major problem, many and I stress many, of those pinheads are not open-minded one bit which will force this party to go down the tubes...single minded people ahhhh they irriatate me :blown:

couldn't of said it better myself

:banghead:

"pin heads" stop stereo-typing.

As for forcing "this" party to go down the tubes, it's going to be a different party.....

Gay clubs have notoriously been about the music and trendsetting.

Either you will like the flavor of music or you won't nothing else should matter.

I'm sure you'll be curious enough to see what kind of change it will be, and venture in there atleast once.

If JP's ego didn't get the best of him, what was so bad about switching to Friday nights. Has our head swelled up that much in a few years? He was more than happy to take over Friday and Saturday, when no one really knew him.

Richard Grant created another ego maniac. I'm sure he's used to it.

I don't see DT complaining about doing a Friday, it's all about sharing your love for the music.........not how big your ego has gotten.

He should have been honored to play in the same venue as one of his role models, Junior Vasquez, who he himself used to go to after his night was over at SF. But, nooooooooooo ego, ego, ego.....it can only hurt you.

He should have said "I'd be honored to work the same venue as Junior and colaborate on bringing back the scene".....but, he didn't, to bad..............he is gonna lose out.

:idea:

Originally posted by muzikchick

As for forcing "this" party to go down the tubes, it's going to be a different party.....

Either you will like the flavor of music or you won't nothing else should matter.

I'm sure you'll be curious enough to see what kind of change it will be, and venture in there atleast once.

If JP's ego didn't get the best of him, what was so bad about switching to Friday nights. Has our head swelled up that much in a few years? He was more than happy to take over Friday and Saturday, when no one really knew him.

I don't see DT complaining about doing a Friday, it's all about sharing your love for the music.........not how big your ego has gotten.

He should have been honored to play in the same venue as one of his role models, Junior Vasquez, who he himself used to go to after his night was over at SF. But, nooooooooooo ego, ego, ego.....it can only hurt you.

He should have said "I'd be honored to work the same venue as Junior and colaborate on bringing back the scene".....but, he didn't, to bad..............he is gonna lose out.

i'm curious as well, i'm just not as enthusiastic about the crowd that's all, i went to exit a few times while jr was was there......and this is the feeling after an hour :blown: ...no matter how good the music is if the crowd sucks the place sucks, this is just my experience

Originally posted by exit24e

Its not jsut a club and a dj, Its a church and Jp is a god. :D

If you truly feel this way, go to the opening night of Jr with an OPEN MIND and find out where heaven's been for years ;) Not saying JP is not a great DJ, but COME ON this Jr we are talking about here

Originally posted by muzikchick

:direct::D you tell 'em , work! :)