Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J.P. Quits Factory

The funny thing about reading these posts is that every1 thinks there are a connoisseur of the NYC nightlife. If u wanna talk about the sf "tragedy" ( which i def think it is) you can go about it in 2 wayz... from the business asp[ect this woulfd not be a beneficial move from Richard Grants part. He may be complaining about the turn out of the Sat. night party but he has to understand that Jr. does bring a primarily gay crowd. Not only that, there has been nights where he wouls not dj b.c there were females in the club. Now with jp gone , 90% of his followers are gone. It should be evident that a dj who can draw both a male and female crowd would create a higher turn out. Not only that by jr. [rimarly bringin in a gay crowd, he is diminishing his male crowd as well @ the sound factory. To me it could not be possible for Jr. to haVE A BIGGGER turn out than peters.

Now for me personally, Peters is and always will be a betta dj. He is the spirit of SF.n i dont mean the 27th st sf, i mean the 46st st. i have been goin there for ova 6 yrs now , n yeah the ambience has changed, the crowed has changeed a lil as well, but the reason y i and so many others go 2 that place despite its other failing attributes is to hear peters spin. i kno that i will not step foot in there if peters is in there and most ppl i kno who are loyal 2 that place n him feel the same way- I am not takin ne thin way from jr. he is a great dj -- -but he is gonna be a freakin sr citizen. do u wante a 60 yr old dancin in the same club as u ?? no ... i dont think so - n i may b judgmental but that is my feelings. Some 1 sed that jr. was wut the nightlife use 2 be ... yeah -- USE 2 BE ... peters was so called "in" this past decade. iF anything mayb they should get some1 else .. some1 new n young... but peters will always be the spirit of Sound Factory.. and for all you ppl who talk bout the kids who "just do drugs" in there,, if peters doesnt matta than those crackheads will be there neway no matta who spinss,,,,

BG

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sf46ststreet

The funny thing about reading these posts is that every1 thinks there are a connoisseur of the NYC nightlife. If u wanna talk about the sf "tragedy" ( which i def think it is) you can go about it in 2 wayz... from the business asp[ect this woulfd not be a beneficial move from Richard Grants part. He may be complaining about the turn out of the Sat. night party but he has to understand that Jr. does bring a primarily gay crowd. Not only that, there has been nights where he wouls not dj b.c there were females in the club. Now with jp gone , 90% of his followers are gone. It should be evident that a dj who can draw both a male and female crowd would create a higher turn out. Not only that by jr. [rimarly bringin in a gay crowd, he is diminishing his male crowd as well @ the sound factory. To me it could not be possible for Jr. to haVE A BIGGGER turn out than peters.

Now for me personally, Peters is and always will be a betta dj. He is the spirit of SF.n i dont mean the 27th st sf, i mean the 46st st. i have been goin there for ova 6 yrs now , n yeah the ambience has changed, the crowed has changeed a lil as well, but the reason y i and so many others go 2 that place despite its other failing attributes is to hear peters spin. i kno that i will not step foot in there if peters is in there and most ppl i kno who are loyal 2 that place n him feel the same way- I am not takin ne thin way from jr. he is a great dj -- -but he is gonna be a freakin sr citizen. do u wante a 60 yr old dancin in the same club as u ?? no ... i dont think so - n i may b judgmental but that is my feelings. Some 1 sed that jr. was wut the nightlife use 2 be ... yeah -- USE 2 BE ... peters was so called "in" this past decade. iF anything mayb they should get some1 else .. some1 new n young... but peters will always be the spirit of Sound Factory.. and for all you ppl who talk bout the kids who "just do drugs" in there,, if peters doesnt matta than those crackheads will be there neway no matta who spinss,,,,

BG

Good first post. I agree with 98 % of what you said.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT RICHARD HAS EVER DONE BECAUSE NO ONE BRINGS A CROWD LIKE JP DOES

HIS LOVE FOR MUSIC IS IN INCREDIBLE I LOVE GOIN THERE TO HEAR IT AND GUESS IM SOBER 24-7 I DONT DO DRUGS AND I STILL MANAGE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME

SOUNDFACTORY IS GOIN DOWN THE DRAIN WITH BRINGIN JR. BACK TO THE PICTURE I HEARD HIM LIVE AT EXIT AND I DIDNT LIKE IT THE CROWDS TO GAY AND SO IS THE MUSIC

KEEP JP AND GIVE JR.VASQUEZ THE BOOT SEND HIM BACK TO EXIT WHERE HE BELONGS

Originally posted by muzikchick

"pin heads" stop stereo-typing.

As for forcing "this" party to go down the tubes, it's going to be a different party.....

Gay clubs have notoriously been about the music and trendsetting.

Either you will like the flavor of music or you won't nothing else should matter.

I'm sure you'll be curious enough to see what kind of change it will be, and venture in there atleast once.

If JP's ego didn't get the best of him, what was so bad about switching to Friday nights. Has our head swelled up that much in a few years? He was more than happy to take over Friday and Saturday, when no one really knew him.

Richard Grant created another ego maniac. I'm sure he's used to it.

I don't see DT complaining about doing a Friday, it's all about sharing your love for the music.........not how big your ego has gotten.

He should have been honored to play in the same venue as one of his role models, Junior Vasquez, who he himself used to go to after his night was over at SF. But, nooooooooooo ego, ego, ego.....it can only hurt you.

He should have said "I'd be honored to work the same venue as Junior and colaborate on bringing back the scene".....but, he didn't, to bad..............he is gonna lose out.

:idea:

First of all im not stearo typing anyone, and im sorry if you took it that way, im just sayin that there are very few open minded people out there when it comes to shit like this, I for one am one of the open minded ones who will try just about anything once and yes I will be curious to see what SF is like after this and yes I may stroll in there once or twice to see how it is but thats besides the point, how many of me's are acutally out there and willing to do what I just said, not that very many, get it...and as for jonathan losing out on this, I highly doubt that, but only time will tell...

You people act like it's the end of the world or something like jonathan has left his people now were all going to be stranded and die, get a fuckin grip on yourselves and go out and experience other places for a change...:blown:

Originally posted by muzikchick

Gay clubs have notoriously been about the music and trendsetting.

Either you will like the flavor of music or you won't nothing else should matter.

:idea:

What the hell do you mean nothing else should matter...how bout the fact that I don't want to be surrounded by nothing but gays.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with a mixed crowd filled with straight or gay people but the key word is MIXED.

I need some female pieces of ass to check out...and I mean females that don't have a fucking cock in their pants.

Originally posted by lalalandnyc13

listen you people go crazy for jp saying how does he dj for so many hours well if i was on meth i could do it to but im not a junkie like a jp is so fuck jp and fuck factory i am so happy that place got rip of him that placed sucked

bravo

He may be complaining about the turn out of the Sat. night party but he has to understand that Jr. does bring a primarily gay crowd. Not only that, there has been nights where he wouls not dj b.c there were females in the club. Now with jp gone , 90% of his followers are gone. It should be evident that a dj who can draw both a male and female crowd would create a higher turn out. Not only that by jr. [rimarly bringin in a gay crowd, he is diminishing his male crowd as well @ the sound factory. To me it could not be possible for Jr. to haVE A BIGGGER turn out than peters.

BG

Your entire post is laughable to say the least and an absolute pain in the ass to read. Who writes like that? I’ve never seen so many typos and atrocious grammar in my life. If you represent the core SF crowd – good riddance I say. No wonder Richard wants to see you all take a hike.

Have you ever experienced a ‘true’ Junior Vasquez event? It doesn’t sound like it. Junior’s parties encompass all people from ALL walks of life – male, female, gay, straight, bi-sexual, transsexual, geeks, freaks, preps, jocks, Chelsea boys, guidos, uptown, downtown, you get the picture. Your comments are based on ‘urban legend’ and rumors and have no basis whatsoever. After all these years the man can STILL draw a crowd into the 1000’s on special events believe it or not and that crowd is very mixed (heavily gay, yes but still mixed none-the-less).

I think it’s very sad to see JP’s party come to end. I’ve frequented that party many times over the past 2 years. I chose SF’s Halloween party over JV’s because I do enjoy the events SF produces. However, remember that it is JP’s decision to leave. He was offered Friday nights (again a very smart business move on Richard’s part considering the competition from Crobar Sat. nights) and he declined.

Open your mind and who knows what might happen. You may actually enjoy a proper Vasquez party.

FIRST OFF, SETTLE DOWN W.UR FCUKIN TONE W.ME- U WANNA TALK , TALK , DUNT TALK SH*T LIKE A LITTLE TOUGH 16 YR OLD.IF U READ MY POST I SED AS FOR MY "PERSONAL OPINION" I THINK PETERS IS BETTER--- JR IS 60 YRS OLD ... AND IF I REMEMBER CORRETILY, @ HIS REUNION PARTY THERE WAS LESS THAN 70 PEOPLE @ CPIS.. I HAD ALSO SAID IM NOT TAKIN NETHIN AWAY FROM THE OLD MAN , HE HAS GOT 2 GO THATS ALL ... AND IF U ALSO WANNA TALK ABOUT SMART BUSINESS MOVES, WOULDNT IT MAKE SENSE 2 HAVE A GAY FRI NIGHT W.JR B.C THERE ARE BASICALLY NO GAY PARTIES ON A FRI ?? ----- BTW IF YOU THINK THAT JR. @ SF ON SAT IS GONNA HAVEA BIGGER TURN OUT THAN PETERS WOULD , I THINK UR WRONG... BUT B4 U SAY NETHIN -- THATS MY OPNION SO DONT GO AHEAD N WHINE 2 ME ABOUT ITT...

BG

FIRST OFF, SETTLE DOWN W.UR FCUKIN TONE W.ME- U WANNA TALK , TALK , DUNT TALK SH*T LIKE A LITTLE TOUGH 16 YR OLD.IF U READ MY POST I SED AS FOR MY "PERSONAL OPINION" I THINK PETERS IS BETTER--- JR IS 60 YRS OLD ... AND IF I REMEMBER CORRETILY, @ HIS REUNION PARTY THERE WAS LESS THAN 70 PEOPLE @ CPIS.. I HAD ALSO SAID IM NOT TAKIN NETHIN AWAY FROM THE OLD MAN , HE HAS GOT 2 GO THATS ALL ... AND IF U ALSO WANNA TALK ABOUT SMART BUSINESS MOVES, WOULDNT IT MAKE SENSE 2 HAVE A GAY FRI NIGHT W.JR B.C THERE ARE BASICALLY NO GAY PARTIES ON A FRI ?? ----- BTW IF YOU THINK THAT JR. @ SF ON SAT IS GONNA HAVEA BIGGER TURN OUT THAN PETERS WOULD , I THINK UR WRONG... BUT B4 U SAY NETHIN -- THATS MY OPNION SO DONT GO AHEAD N WHINE 2 ME ABOUT ITT...

BG

Holy fuck my head hurts! :blown:

all i have to say, is that they probably don't even know what is going on right now!!!! so no one has any possible way of knowing... all the shit u hear are just possibilities i think it's narrowed down to two

1 - jp finishes w/ classics and then that's that

2- jp just waits till his next residency

there is so much pride being tossed around w/ those guys it's not about money... richard wants it done his way, jp has always and recently even more been struggling w/ creative control and i think w/ jp he doesn't want to hurt his name but either way he does it he's going too... if he does classics he kind of sells out/ if he doesn't then his fans will be disappointed.....

richard grant is a fucking idiot in my opinion. Look at the list of events/parties for this year and tell me he's not

sock hop!! egyptian party!!! i mean camannnnnn i'm fucking glad it ended now instead of being dragged out even more

i'll see you guys at crobar (CRACKBAR) lol

2nd time I posted this....

yeah...if it was 2000 or even 2001 I would be very upset at this....The place isn't what it used to be and the only night to see the true SF old heads like myself are nights like Classics night, but even then it isn't what it used to be....

what I am hoping is to have JP get a residency at a different venue that actually closes at a normal NYC time (6 or 7am) so people like me can actually go then make it to work on Monday fully rested.....I'll be honest, I'm in my late twenties now and I can't go out all weekend like I used and quite honestly don't have the desire to....anybody ever go to Boston and hear him at Avalon...the place is nice as hell, closes 2am and the times I have been there over the past couple of years to hear JP have been some of my favorite nights, because he is only spinning a short set and the energy level is ridiculous....this allows an oldhead to go enjoy him, dance, have a few drinks then go home satisfied.

I have faith wherever he goes, he will be able to deliver....I have been done with SF for a while now, but not done with JP...he honestly has touched me at times with his music like no other dj has...lets get him in a new spot, a new classier spot anyway from a crack den and away from what SF has become...

It isn't the place that makes the vibe, it is the people....as long as the true JP heads support him he will be fine.....

Originally posted by philtyb

2nd time I posted this....

yeah...if it was 2000 or even 2001 I would be very upset at this....The place isn't what it used to be and the only night to see the true SF old heads like myself are nights like Classics night, but even then it isn't what it used to be....

I myself have not been going to factory for the past 2 years but who are you to say that the place isn't what it use to be. Just because you have grown out of it doesn't mean that the people that have been going now do not enjoy it. I'm sure that 2 years down the road from now if it was still the same party these people would be saying the same thing.

Oh yeah...and I guess the only nights that are good are when you and the "true SF old heads" are there...because yeah, that is what every good party needs a bunch of guys in there late 20's thinking they are still in the mix.

Richard made his desicion based on what has been going on in there the past year

u kids dont get it,

yea its a fucking club, BUT ITS A BISS before its a club,

and when the pigs are pulling your balls so hard, and u think a club u have ran for EVER, is about to go under

u make Changes, and u change the Crowd,

its a smart move, and should of been Done 4 years ago, when anyone with class LEFT, lol

HARSH WORDS, :laugh:

HARSH REALITY

Originally posted by jaysea

Richard made his desicion based on what has been going on in there the past year

u kids dont get it,

yea its a fucking club, BUT ITS A BISS before its a club,

and when the pigs are pulling your balls so hard, and u think a club u have ran for EVER, is about to go under

u make Changes, and u change the Crowd,

its a smart move, and should of been Done 4 years ago, when anyone with class LEFT, lol

HARSH WORDS, :laugh:

HARSH REALITY

I take it you are one of the many with class that left back then right :rolleyes:

BG

Absolutely HORRENDOUS! Translation please.

Originally posted by nomembername

I myself have not been going to factory for the past 2 years but who are you to say that the place isn't what it use to be. Just because you have grown out of it doesn't mean that the people that have been going now do not enjoy it. I'm sure that 2 years down the road from now if it was still the same party these people would be saying the same thing.

Oh yeah...and I guess the only nights that are good are when you and the "true SF old heads" are there...because yeah, that is what every good party needs a bunch of guys in there late 20's thinking they are still in the mix.

i couldn't have said it better myself ;)

its all about enjoying the moment while it lasts. Brian get rid of that "jadded clubber attitude" its killing me!! ;):tongue: