Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was the first dance/house CD/record you ever bought?

lucky13

Mine was a double compilation CD entitled, Club Anthems '99. I didn't really know too much about who was who in the DJ would back in those days, but I knew that I liked the sound of house music. I just grabbed a mix CD off the rack that looked good, not really having any clue if it was good or not. Now that I found it lying around, I recognize that there are many great songs/artists on it. There are tracks by Mauro Picotto, Blank & Jones, Binary Finary, etc. Not a bad choice for someone who didn't really know too much at the time.

I bought a Mixed Techno TAPE!!! Yup...tapes were still cool then from that guy on the corner of 8th st. in st. marks...it was dam cool...wait..or did I buy it off some guy in that flea market deal on bdway by tower records? Dunno now.

Then after that I'm almost ashamed to say...i bought rave til dawn...yea.. :bounce:

hey lucky sorry but the artists you described is not HOUSE MUSIC more along the lines oftechno.

First record purcahse was- LIZ TORRES SINGLE "I CANT GET ENOUGH" 1987 i was with my brother at the time and was asked to choose between that and some oher tracks and i said i liked this one. But he bought all ofthem i believe.

First cd I Purchased was- TECHNOTRONIC"THIS BEAT IS TECHNOTRONC" 1990.

First club i went to was CLUB EXPO in 1995.

But i was exposed to dance music since i was born thru my father and older brother and older cousin. But i didnt really like it until 1989 when i was 8 yrs old. Since then ive been addicted, of course i sidetracked a bit with hip hop and latin music, but it all about HOUSE MUSIC.

hey lucky sorry but the artists you described is not HOUSE MUSIC more along the lines oftechno.

First record purcahse was- LIZ TORRES SINGLE "I CANT GET ENOUGH" 1987 i was with my brother at the time and was asked to choose between that and some oher tracks and i said i liked this one. But he bought all ofthem i believe.

But i was exposed to dance music since i was born thru my father and older brother and older cousin. But i didnt really like it until 1989 when i was 8 yrs old. Since then ive been addicted, of course i sidetracked a bit with hip hop and latin music, but it all about HOUSE MUSIC.

LIZ TORRES,saw her for the first time at the Paradise Garage in 86.She was out of contro...loved her!

ok let the abuse begin.....

tranzworld 2... i went to carbon one day back in may of 99 and then the next week i brought a cd at work on payday (i worked at sam goody).. hey i was 17... what do you expect???

the first tape i brought was gonzo vs. xdream... the first tape i owned was a bootleg dj funk set back from like 98... that was recorded probably like 3 or 4 times over... the first mixtape i ever listened to was xdream "caffeine gold" from 99 and i completely fell in love with trance after hearing binary finary "matt darey mix"

the first record i brought was crw "i feel love" back in may of 2000 when i first brought my tables... 2 gemini xl 500's and a gemini bpm 150 mixer... lol what a joke...

the first set i ever downloaded was dj tiesto - Live @ Energy 2000... havent heard a better set yet...

dude i have a dvd of the closing garage party where she is perfomring, FUCKING HOT ADN SEXY as hell.

I missed out on getting the DVD,at Levan's 50th birthday bash at Spirit.Oh well at least I was there at the closing.Yes Liz is Hot and Sexy.I remember the first time she performed singing I can't get enough,she took a rag and rubbed it all along her pussy,the crowd went wild.lol! all us bunch of gay guys on the dance floor were living for her.

Her other tracks I like are:Face It,In the City,Mama's Boy and No more mind games.

thats crazy lol now i know....

shit what was the first tape i bought lol... fuck man i really cant think of it right now.....=[

First Records:

"Do it to the crowd" - Twin Hype

"Come into my house" - Queen Latifah

"Dirty Cash" - Adventures of Stevie V.

"Planet E" - K.C. Flyte

"Girl I'll House You" - Jungle Bros.

"Number One" - Alexia

"Everybody Everybody" - Black Box

"Your Love" - Frankie Knuckles & Jamie Principle

First Cds / mix CDs / mixtapes:

"New York in the Mix" - Johnny Vicious

"Energy Flash" cd single - Joey Beltram

"Give it up" - Goodmen

"Back 2 Life" cd single - Soul II Soul

"Everything Starts with an E" cd single - Eee Zee Posse

Early Rob James underground mix tapes

The early Razor mix cds released on Focus

"Elements" cd single- Danny T.

"Tribal Warfare" - 68 Beats

"Razor & Guido EP" - Razor & Guido

"Club Cuts vol.1" - Not mixed, but had some old (and now hard to find on vinyl) tracks by Future Primitive and a few other local talents. Released on Groovilicious.

"Robbie Rivera Live at Bash, South Beach" - Robbie Rivera

"We Are Twisted, vol.1" - Twisted Records (forgot who mixed it)

"Junior works Eightball" - Junior Vasquez

"Twist this Pussy vol.1" - Twisted records

"To the rhythm" cd single - Junior/Pepstar

"The Drums" cd single - Cosmic Gate