Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do other djs think of JP?

JP and DT are friends. In fact, you'll see JP at DT's parties from time to time (JP was dancing and having a blast at DT's party at Show 3 months back)

JP does have a slew of hits and remixes, so I'm sure most DJ's respect him.

fuk.. i remember when i was suppose to go.. but i didnt.. wth..

asking around in england, nobody has ever heard of Jonathan Peters, nor Sylver, nor Deeper Rekords, nor Boris for that matter. and something that was really fucked up, is that when low frequencies came out, on some of the record stores and websites it would just say Chus and Ceballos...and leave richie santana out of the title. so many people at first didnt know richie santana helped make low frequencies

asking around in england, nobody has ever heard of Jonathan Peters, nor Sylver, nor Deeper Rekords, nor Boris for that matter. and something that was really fucked up, is that when low frequencies came out, on some of the record stores and websites it would just say Chus and Ceballos...and leave richie santana out of the title. so many people at first didnt know richie santana helped make low frequencies

the only time i ever heard JP get any push for a dj in europe was back in 2002. AvB dropped GTI on A.S.O.T #47

It's definitely true that JP is not a very recognized DJ outside of the tri-state area, especially not very recognized out of the U.S. BUT he does have his own little niche and you have got to give him credit for that. Hell, for alot of his parties hes paid just as much $$$ if not more than alot of other Big named DJ's that are more recognized than him. Im not that big a fan but he must be doing something right...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....settle down killa :laugh:

?????

I'm not hating on the guy if thats what this is implying. I just really don't think any of those guys know who the hell he is. Not trying to be a smart ass at all. Why would they. JP doesn't do anything in the global edm scene that relates to them at all.

well i dont know about not knowing about him.....

most international djs at one point or another have spun in NYC.....coming here...im sure he has come up in conversation, if its ridicule or praise is another story, but i dont think hes completely unknown....i think the question is what do they know about him? have they just heard that he has a big following in NYC or more than that? do they know about him as a DJ or does his followings reputation precede him?

he didnt evan make the 100 dj list last year , last time i went to germany and amsterdam, people didnt even know about jp or who he was for that matter

exactly. Nothing against the guy...I personally think he's a good dj. But walk into the Spirit booth this Friday and ask Hawtin or Burridge if they know who "JP" is...I doubt they'll have a clue what you're talking about. Thats not a bad reflection on the guy at all, he has a huge following here in NYC....just not a global one by any means.