Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj-P stays @ slide & studio 54 (New Contract)

marcblemberg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats bull!!! I saw a dj @ tangerine that used pre-mixed cds.

Somehow you knew the dj played premixed cds, by site no less. Wondering, what was the title of these pre-mixed cds since you "saw" it? Could it have been funkymix where the songs are "re"mixed or was it MTV dance party or something else? Just curious.

that means that we all have great taste in music.. whether it be Hip Hop (real or fake) House, Progressive etc.. we search and listen and compare and test run sungs. Now if you get cds from different DJ's with all the same songs.. yeah thats a problem... But not gonna not play something just because it was played somewhere else.. But some of us do have different versions of the same songs..

Now on the part of the MGM clubs.. Yes I have heard that DJ Frankie does pick out the music that is played at the clubs there. In one instance. I did go to TABU and then go to Teatro for the afterhours and heard almost the same line up.But if its good songs.. i couldnt get tired of hearing them twice.

that means that we all have great taste in music.. whether it be Hip Hop (real or fake) House, Progressive etc.. we search and listen and compare and test run sungs. Now if you get cds from different DJ's with all the same songs.. yeah thats a problem... But not gonna not play something just because it was played somewhere else.. But some of us do have different versions of the same songs..

Now on the part of the MGM clubs.. Yes I have heard that DJ Frankie does pick out the music that is played at the clubs there. In one instance. I did go to TABU and then go to Teatro for the afterhours and heard almost the same line up.But if its good songs.. i couldnt get tired of hearing them twice.

when ever you want come down on a sunday to tabu and check out DJ P.

He goes on @ 1.00 am and he is on the dance floor live.

youll see what i mean.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Somehow you knew the dj played premixed cds, by site no less. Wondering, what was the title of these pre-mixed cds since you "saw" it? Could it have been funkymix where the songs are "re"mixed or was it MTV dance party or something else? Just curious.

What I ment by pre-mixed cd is that 8 songs where mixed/blending, beatmatching 8 bars into each other for that dj, and that dj just pretending to mix. do you understand how? you know how you use cd and you play one song at a time and then you mix out of that song and into another? Well this dj doesn't mix, this dj play a cd that's about 20 mintues long and has 8 different song on it that's already mixed into each other. Do you understand now? It's not funkymix, not ultimix, not wicked mix, not any mix. Pre-mixed and blended. Understand?

What I ment by pre-mixed cd is that 8 songs where mixed/blending, beatmatching 8 bars into each other for that dj, and that dj just pretending to mix. do you understand how? you know how you use cd and you play one song at a time and then you mix out of that song and into another? Well this dj doesn't mix, this dj play a cd that's about 20 mintues long and has 8 different song on it that's already mixed into each other. Do you understand now? It's not funkymix, not ultimix, not wicked mix, not any mix. Pre-mixed and blended. Understand?

It's impressive how you are able to determine that a dj is pretending from outside the dj booth. Why are you and your good friend Freeze so concerned with that other djs do and how they are fake or pretending, this and that? It's getting a little old, at least to me. And as far as I know, you're both backseat drivers anyway.

It's impressive how you are able to determine that a dj is pretending from outside the dj booth. Why are you and your good friend Freeze so concerned with that other djs do and how they are fake or pretending, this and that? It's getting a little old, at least to me. And as far as I know, you're both backseat drivers anyway.

I deal with facts fats, and the facts are that 294 people have viewed this subject...

you put one up about kid Capri and funk flex and 43 people viewed,did you happen to notice that when I speak people listen.

And when you post something nobody cares.

And the answer to your question is.

I want everyone to know that your a wannabe DJ you cheat the public by not given the what they paid for,if claim that your spot is hip hop then give them what you promice...

i told you hip hop not just playing a rap CD.

I will always expose a fake,when it comes to this culture.

Take care of your self you fraud...

Mr. freeze

Rock steady crew

The hottest spot in Vegas on a Sunday night check out slide.

The only pure real deal & only Hip Hop spot in Las Vegas.

Others claim to be real, but it takes more then a rap CD to make it a real Hip Hop Spot

See the turn table mix Master D.J.P rip it live and direct in front of your eyes on the dance floor.

And check out VH1 Hip Hop Honoree Mr. freeze From the world famous Rock steady crew rock It Live.

we will take any B,Boy Or DJ Challenge from anyone.

@ Tabu the Ultra Lounge

MGM

Click on flier for animated invite.

3cd70308.jpg

Mr. Freeze

Rock Steady Crew

I admit I cannot compete with your message board entertainment value. I wonder why you don't quantify hip-hop by numbers of viewers too ;)
2005 VH1 hip hop honors...

Flash dance

Malcolm mclaren'S (Buffalo gals video)

Africa bambataa...(looking for the perfect beat video)...

Tony Touch Video.…

Personal dance instructor to MJ.…

MJ History video...

Swatch watch world champion ship B, boy competition.

Spoke on the subject of hip hop @ (Yale) (NYU),(Harvar),(oxford).

Should I keep going?because theres much more...

Talent coordinator and performing with the rock steady crew at the original studio 54...

That my friend means that millions of people have seen me.

When I die I will leave this earth knowing that I have made a contribution to the world.

Please let us all know what will be yours contribution besides being able to out eat me at a buffet.

Don't worry about me.

I know exactly what im doing.

Mr freeze

rock steady Crew

Spoke on the subject of hip hop @ (Yale) (NYU),(Harvar),(oxford).

Obviously they didn't have you write an essay on it ;)

Seriously though, you should practice some humility. People will respond to you without feeling the strong desire to do exactly the opposite of what you're probably trying to accomplish.

We all have resumes. We all have accomplished things in life. We have done so without putting others down in the process.

I'm not sure who hurt you in your youth, but your pain is so evident. Seriously, get over yourself and learn the most important lesson of success...

True accomplishments in life are always directly proportional to the good things you do for people around you. There's no way to avoid that principal of success. If you put everyone down, ultimately you lose that amount of opportunity to help succeed yourself.

One day you will learn this or maybe you won't. I hope you do.

Obviously they didn't have you write an essay on it ;)

Seriously though, you should practice some humility. People will respond to you without feeling the strong desire to do exactly the opposite of what you're probably trying to accomplish.

We all have resumes. We all have accomplished things in life. We have done so without putting others down in the process.

I'm not sure who hurt you in your youth, but your pain is so evident. Seriously, get over yourself and learn the most important lesson of success...

True accomplishments in life are always directly proportional to the good things you do for people around you. There's no way to avoid that principal of success. If you put everyone down, ultimately you lose that amount of opportunity to help succeed yourself.

One day you will learn this or maybe you won't. I hope you do.

Yap Yap Yap.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Were you there? Did you see me outside of the DJ Booth? I was there behind the DJ booth...AND....and a member of the immediate staff told me himself. Then I watched the DJ 2 feet away. I have been around DJs all my life. I know what to look for and what to listen for. You are defending that DJ because you are probably doing the same shit...so don't think that I haven't been watching your moves either. And you know what, I know exactly how you got the gig at OPM, so don't make me pull your card sucka!!!

Why am I concerned of what other DJs do? Well, because I don't think that DJs play pre-mixed CDs should get paid!!!! I think they are fake ass people who are doing it for the wrong reasons.

I am a backseat driver? Do you even know what that means? I have not once told you or anyone on this messageboard what to do or what to say. So insulting me and calling me a backsteat driver is so uncalled for!!!

I've spent a great amount of time standing behind the booth at OPM, watching Masterweb cut, scratch, beatmatch, blend and layer. Perhaps someone at Tangerine was "faking" it, but MW has solid skills and he puts them to use every single night, and he's earned the respect of a great many artists and serious fans as a result.

Is he a battle DJ? Hell no. But he's someone that never lets the crowd down on the dance floor. Unlike a lot of other DJs in town (anywhere, for that matter) he doesn't need to resort to playing some "hot radio track" in order to re-populate the floor; that's because at OPM, the dance floor gets packed early and stays that way until the very late hours.

Again, don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Were you there? Did you see me outside of the DJ Booth? I was there behind the DJ booth...AND....and a member of the immediate staff told me himself. Then I watched the DJ 2 feet away. I have been around DJs all my life. I know what to look for and what to listen for. You are defending that DJ because you are probably doing the same shit...so don't think that I haven't been watching your moves either. And you know what, I know exactly how you got the gig at OPM, so don't make me pull your card sucka!!!

Why am I concerned of what other DJs do? Well, because I don't think that DJs play pre-mixed CDs should get paid!!!! I think they are fake ass people who are doing it for the wrong reasons.

I am a backseat driver? Do you even know what that means? I have not once told you or anyone on this messageboard what to do or what to say. So insulting me and calling me a backsteat driver is so uncalled for!!!

I think what he meant is that neither you nor Mr. Freeze are even DJs. It's annoying to not only watch the two of you hate on others, but to also realize that neither of you even know how to do the things you are hating on. It just makes you both look angry. He wasn't insulting you. He was doing the opposite. He was saying stop hating when neither of you can even DJ yourself.

Besides you would never in a million years see an OPM dj use a premixed cd.

I think what he meant is that neither you nor Mr. Freeze are even DJs. It's annoying to not only watch the two of you hate on others, but to also realize that neither of you even know how to do the things you are hating on. It just makes you both look angry. He wasn't insulting you. He was doing the opposite. He was saying stop hating when neither of you can even DJ yourself.

Yap Yap Yap.

Mr freeze

Rock steay crew

How do you know that I am not a DJ? You don't know me. Are you a DJ, or a DJ "out of the box"? hahah. Did you buy one of those starter dj kits @ guitar center and now you think you could talk? I'm not claming that I am know EVERYTHING about DJing, but I do know a few.

Masterweb knows how to scratch on HIS cd player, which only requires very little skill. I can do that, and I know that he uses cue points to incorprate samples of other songs, which also only requires a push of a button. spinning on vinyl is 10 times harder then on cd players, especially the ones that Masterweb uses. Of course Masterweb is not a battle DJ, because he couldn't last a second.

Look, I am not trying to hate. At the end of the day, it is about the crowd and to provide them with great music and to entertain them. That's what DJing @ a CLUB is all about. Masterweb is does what he can do best, that's fine. However, saying that you have skills which only requires a push of a button and a jog wheel doesn't mean you have any kind of DJing skills outside of the club.

Attention Mr. Freeze

You know, some of us as you can tell that regularly post on this board have for months avoided commenting on your .... "discussion" ... regarding OPM. But it's now going on 1/2 year. So .. it's probably time to make a few comments after not doing so for 6 months.

Before I start, I think most people would agree and thank you for your contribution to hip hop. Your contribution as been wonderful. Thank you.

Nevertheless, let's get down to business. This is a messageboard. Not an awards show.

1. You never contribute to any discussion that doesnt concern yourself.

The biggest thing that bothers me about your posts is that you dont come here to be helpful. I cant recall in 6 months you ever saying anything

- helpful

- supportive

- complimentary

- humorous.

- or let alone on any topic that doesnt concern you.

Food in vegas? Strippers in Vegas? Hotels in Vegas? Afterhours in Vegas? You never have a comment.

How about the tons of questions from people coming to town that want to know where to go the other 6 days of the week? No opinion? You dont go out?

Is it that you maybe ... dont care to be helpful to other people ... or maybe you dont give a hoot cuz it doesnt concern your own gig?

It is appears that every post you make is about you and yourself and your gig.

2. You say its not personal but you use personal attacks against masterweb.

There is nothing wrong with you expressing your opinion that a club cannt be a hiphop club if its purely a serato operatoin, or similar.

But what drives me nuts is you say "its not personal" your disagreement with masterweb yet you regularly call him names. The board doesnt go more than 60 days without you calling him "fat" and "webmaster".

Please explain. Thank you.

Masterweb knows how to scratch on HIS cd player, which only requires very little skill. I can do that, and I know that he uses cue points to incorprate samples of other songs, which also only requires a push of a button. spinning on vinyl is 10 times harder then on cd players, especially the ones that Masterweb uses. Of course Masterweb is not a battle DJ, because he couldn't last a second.

Lets squash this for once and for all. Have I *ever* come up on here and bragged about my skills? Do you think i *care* how hard it is to spin vinyl compared to cue points and cd sample disks? The club's DJ team and I have only one goal, and that is to keep patrons happy. Repeat business is the best indication of success in that area. I also maintain a huge mailing list for the club and personally respond to every email sent to me (djmw@freevegasclubs.com).

So please STOP trying to suck me into this whole battle mentality. We're not 12 years old anymore. I'm not looking to compete against any djs because I don't have anything to prove except that I can entertain a room of people who come to the club. I don't care if I use a CD or a freakin 8 track player. It's completely irrelevant to my customers.

I am tight with DJ Rectangle who can outspin and outchop nearly anyone. Yes, it is possible to be friends with DJs who are better than you. We don't sit there and piss at each other; we learn from each other and have fun doing it.