Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is HOUSE MUSIC coming back to AVALON nyc?

I couldve sworned i just read that DJ SNEAK will be at avalon next sat the 15th, something about TODD TERRY playing their soon as well as DOC MARTIN. Wow this sounds very very interesting, anybody have details as to whose putting this party together or if its real. Never thought i would step back into that room, but now i just might if these djs are playing.

I"m sorry but RAP music is horrible! i rather bang my head against the wall then listen to " My hump", or some lame ass crap... maybe its the smell of jungle sweat that attracks hip hopers lol.. ok i am soo tired and i make no sense, oh well...

G.

a dj makes a venue not the venue mkaes a dj. So while a venue might be terrible, if a good dj or legendary prodcuer like todd terry, doc martin, dj sneak are playing at this club then it will be a good night musically. Everythign else goin on around you is questionable though, just gotta make the best ofit and hope that like minded fans come out to support and hear the djs as well.

a dj makes a venue not the venue mkaes a dj. So while a venue might be terrible, if a good dj or legendary prodcuer like todd terry, doc martin, dj sneak are playing at this club then it will be a good night musically.

Avalon is not only bringing in the legends...they have a lot of the newer, up and coming guys slated to play this spring / summer as well. Guys like Paolo Mojo...I hear Lazarus is close to being confirmed as well.

Avalon (building) is legendary. How could you hate on that venue?

i agree that place is legendary.....and also take in consideration that most people who are hating now werent there when it was limelight......plus rumor has it avalon is changing it's name again. Im guessing new management is taking over.

Yes, they should change the name back to "Limelight" and come up with a good idea for parties that would give the club a distinct and attractive reputation. Aren't there any great DJs who are looking for new residencies? Or styles that are underrepresented? Regular Electro nights or smth?

It would be a shame for that building to go to waste. I think people aren't hating on the building, they are hating on it not going for a good use.