Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sports Random Thoughts

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dontrelle for David Wright? Really? Who would make that trade?

both superstars in the making(if not already there) , and will be around a long time

but no way you trade a everyday position player straight up for a pitcher

Dallas Mavericks coach Avery Johnson will be named the NBA's Coach of the Year, according to media reports in the Dallas area Monday night.

The Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram and ESPN 103.3 FM all reported that Johnson would be honored Tuesday.

Johnson, who is in his first full season as the Mavericks' coach, led Dallas to a 60-22 record this season and in March set the record for best coaching start in NBA history after 82 games (66-16).

"I just didn't know he was going to be this good, this fast," Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks' president of basketball operations, said at the time.

Johnson was coach of the month in April and November, making him the first person to win the award his first two months on the job. In February, he coached the Western Conference in the All-Star Game.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report

steve nash for MVP! :bounce:

Vicman did you catch the Arsenal game? I don't understand why ESPN has to show both legs of them, but not one match of the Barca-Milan matchup.

i know - if they were going to show just 1 of the two matchups, if you ask me, it was a no brainer.

i didnt see it, i followed it over the radio, i'll watch when i get home. you know the score?

gotta head to a sports bar to watch the milan-barcelona game tomorow.

if david wright didnt mean so much to ny id seriously have to consider this if i were the mets. dontrelle is a one in a generation pitcher. hes a lefty and has dominatiing stuff. PLUS the guy can hit. hes an athlete. and hes young like wright. the mets need starting pitching more than they need hitting at this point. glavine is, what, 40? and how much longer is pedro gonna last?

if the marlins threw in a reliever or maybe even Y. Petit id pull the trigger

at this point it looks like the yankees' rotation is in some serious trouble. especially if RJ is no good. mussina looks great tho. changing speeds...but other than that it doesnt look promising. is pavano alive? are we ever going to get 200 innings from this guy? actually fuck 200, how about 150 and maybe 10 wins? 40 mm down the fucking toilet

i hope we pull something off this summer for zito. i dont care if it takes phillip hughes or eric duncan. we need starters. and release jaret wright. holy shit im so dissapointed in this team. i look at the red sox and the mets and i see sooo much promising YOUNG talent. its filthy. we have to do something, anything. where the fuck is gene michael? trade sheffield to the angels or something. those motherfuckers have so many prospects its sickening. bring youth back to ny. i cant stand this shit anymore.

at this point it looks like the yankees' rotation is in some serious trouble. especially if RJ is no good. mussina looks great tho. changing speeds...but other than that it doesnt look promising. is pavano alive? are we ever going to get 200 innings from this guy? actually fuck 200, how about 150 and maybe 10 wins? 40 mm down the fucking toilet

i hope we pull something off this summer for zito. i dont care if it takes phillip hughes or eric duncan. we need starters. and release jaret wright. holy shit im so dissapointed in this team. i look at the red sox and the mets and i see sooo much promising YOUNG talent. its filthy. we have to do something, anything. where the fuck is gene michael? trade sheffield to the angels or something. those motherfuckers have so many prospects its sickening. bring youth back to ny. i cant stand this shit anymore.

shit bro, tell us how you really feel

it was bound to catch up to you guys sooner or later...

mussina looks good now that he is healthy...

what a joke pavano/wright are...but if i remember correctly there were other teams willing to pay pavano more so i don't know if you could say that was poor judgement maybe just bad luck...wright on the other hand was a horrible decision

not saying the mets are better then the yanks or we're going to make the WS or anything but it is very refreshing and fun to watch young, talented players...you guys are a long way away from 1996-2000 where you had such a good, core group of young players come up through your system. it's been nothing but "let's throw a shit load of money at big named, older players" which will only get you so far...sooner or later you need new blood.

i'm kind of bombed right now but you get my point :pint: