Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno if it will be a marathon?thats cool he played your song...what was it?he plays quit a few up and comming dj's and producers tracks. if he likes it he will play it.I dunno when junior had his red Party @ SF on 46th street in 04 i had an amazing time.Deborah Cox was in town doing Aida soo she stopped by for a few songs.thought the vibe was awesome!

when jnr is on, like at bassline opening night at shelter & parts of his bank sets in 2006, he is still at the top of world djs.

but his dates have been more sporadic & unpredictable & even poorly planned since 2005 at least...

he needs a 'home' for monthly or even more frequent parties.

vic has crobar; dt has crobar & pacha... jnr deserves a home but i understand he or his mgmy have burned bridges over the years,...

Id suggest a monthly at pacha [im not fond of a 9 am start] or crobar or love or even stereo... I dont like cielo sundays ....

shelter might be good for jnr .....

when jnr is on, like at bassline opening night at shelter & parts of his bank sets in 2006, he is still at the top of world djs.

but his dates have been more sporadic & unpredictable & even poorly planned since 2005 at least...

he needs a 'home' for monthly or even more frequent parties.

vic has crobar; dt has crobar & pacha... jnr deserves a home but i understand he or his mgmy have burned bridges over the years,...

Id suggest a monthly at pacha [im not fond of a 9 am start] or crobar or love or even stereo... I dont like cielo sundays ....

shelter might be good for jnr .....

I agree, there is a definite value in having a residency somewhere, even if it's a once a month thing like Victor.

DT also has a once a month at Twilo Miami. I'm happy for DT and Miami but I feel sad for the NYC nightlife. I wish Twilo Miami opened in NYC, this club looks insane and miles ahead of Crobar or Pacha are about ... I can't think of how amazing Twilo NYC would have been if they didn't close. They had planned a VC / DT / JR rotation on Saturdays ... anyway, I'll stop the babling. The folks behind Twilo really know what they're doing it seems.

A DJ needs a residency and I hope the JR camp understand this. They've been f-cking up things so hard for the past few years I feel it's their last chance at it.

I am happy you enjoyed it.

I haven't seen pics of Twilo Miami until recently and it really impressed me a lot. Much better than what NY has to offer nowadays (it seems).

there is not much to the room, I was there when it was empty,

just 4 walls and a dance floor, (which is just ply wood with laquer over it)

they have these cool lights going up the side walls and shit, but other then that, It really isn't much to write home about or wish to be in NYC for that matter

of course I would still like to see it, packed out and lights a blazing ,

the system is no joke though, that much I heard

there is not much to the room, I was there when it was empty,

just 4 walls and a dance floor, (which is just ply wood with laquer over it)

they have these cool lights going up the side walls and shit, but other then that, It really isn't much to write home about or wish to be in NYC for that matter

of course I would still like to see it, packed out and lights a blazing ,

the system is no joke though, that much I heard

It's exactly what I like. Total simplicity of architecture, very modern/futuristic lighting, and completely overwhelming sound system.

Crobar's not that, Pacha neither, they try to be a lot of things at the same time (maybe there's no place for something like Twilo in nyc anymore?).

not taking away what he has brought to the scene or the numerous dj's he has inspired but the fact is the man is old and washed up... he should hang it up already

After a couple heartattacks and seizures in the booth, he took a licking but he keeps on ticking.

AMAZING! JUNIOR AFTERHOURS!!!

I hope Junior starts to tweek again cuz the music he's been playin lately ain't that cute.

i hope you stop with your nasty uncalled for comments esp when you know NOTHING about A JUNIOR PARTY.i see you have no problem talking props about peter on here hmmmm.go be a quack someplace else with u and your whole 15 comments.if you dont wanna go DONT GO but how dare you wish someone would start taking meth again to play better?????kidding right i hope?if not im sorry for you Donald.

Hey everyone, Tomorrow is the last day to buy tickets for the Red Party at the deep discount price of $23.95. Ticket prices go up on Friday morning so get your tickets before the change!

Thank you to everyone who bought their tickets already! It looks like it's going to be one HOT Red Party! See you there! - JVM

Along with what Starscream stated and more here is an e-mail sent from JVM,

Go to the Events section/tab to purchase tickets on Jr's website.

RED PARTY ADVANCE TICKETS

Message sent to you follows:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My apologies on behalf of JVM for our server being down yesterday. Consequently, we have extended pre-advance ticket sales for Junior's first major event of 2007 (RED @ PACHA) through the end of the day today.

The Red Party returns by popular demand February 11th. Junior conceived this annual event in 2000 at Twilo on Valentine's Day weekend, which happened to also be the five year anniversary of the closing of the original Sound Factory on 27th Street. Those of you who attended in 2000-2005 can attest to the magic of Junior's Red Parties, and we're proud to bring it back this year.

On Junior's command, we're going back to basics: the best room, the best sound, the best lighting and visuals, the newest smokin' tracks and fresh beats, Junior in prime-time, no pretending that we can outdo the movie of the year, a fair cover charge without skimping on production, and...of course...the best dj in the world IN HIS ELEMENT.

Get your $20 advance tickets anytime through the end of today (sorry, limit of 4 per person). There is a 3.95 service fee --- which I assure you we're working to lower for future events.

Have a fantastic weekend!

http://www.juniorvasquezmusic.com

...yawn AGAIN!

"Junior re-invents himself", "Junior is sober now", "Junior will no more be doing afterhours", "Junior is creating theater", now "junior is going back to basics".....

How much more nonsense are they coming up with every other year to keep people's interest?????

Looks like they constantly have to change directions because everything they try fails at the end.

..well I guess there's not much left. The only thing I can think of is " Junior finally retires"!

Documentary of the Junior Vasquez from the Sound Factory days till the closing of Twilo. Victor Calderone is in this interview as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBgWtJyp93c

awesome thanx!!i remember that incredible closing party of Arena and it gives me the chills!I remember the chaos under the ball with everyone trying to touch it and it swaying back and forth,i thought it was gonna snap right off!man all the fierce runway and the preformances..it was all about the DRAMA!!

awesome thanx!!i remember that incredible closing party of Arena and it gives me the chills!I remember the chaos under the ball with everyone trying to touch it and it swaying back and forth,i thought it was gonna snap right off!man all the fierce runway and the preformances..it was all about the DRAMA!!

"snap... fierece... runway... drama..." - and ur tellin me starscream isn't mega-homo????