Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's real born at birth females at Junior's parties, and it's not chick with dicks either, I can vouch:). There may not be as many as say at a Jonathan Peters gig, but the Hooter/Penthouse/Scores babes do pop up from time to time.

I hope djs become whack at times, prevents them from being predictable and boring. It's not a bad thing at all and it makes their sets more experimental and interesting.

Don't lose the whackness djs, it's a plus (+) if you work it right. icon14.gif

Pre-advance tickets available at super-discount rate until 1/12/07 (max 4 per purchaser). Pacha, here we come.

Doors open at 9am -- dancing all day -- no fluff...

Jerome Farley

Managing Partner

Jerome Farley Management/

Junior Vasquez Music

go to the events section at www.juniorvasquezmusic.com and click buy tix for red party

This party was amazing last time, everyone come out and kick it like we used to. :)

:type:

Junior Vasquez Admirers and Junior Vasquez Haters start your comments

Let me chime in.

LAST DANCE is the last offer I have accepted for Junior to DJ in NYC. Junior and I discuss it on a daily basis (almost). We've declined every offer after Pride so far, and he's committed to non-dj work for at least six months after Pride. We'll see what happens after that, but he's eager to have time to do other things than his DJ schedule has kept him from doing. We're opening an office in LA for instance by early summer, and we plan to spend a lot of time in Tokyo after Pride. I just came back from a lunch interview for the next issue of UNeQ Magazine, and Junior stated emphatically that he much prefers Tokyo over NYC. Savor the next few parties; it might not be the LAST time EVER that Junior plays in NYC, but I wouldn't count on us doing his bday, Halloween, New Year's, etc. at least this year.

I think Junior feels confident, particularly after the one-two punch of Red-Cielo in the past few weeks, that he can step aside and no one can replace him -- at least no one currently trying to fill his shoes. As Junior's friend Angel Moraes said to Junior at the Red Party, "Junior, there was Larry, and then there's you." I don't see the third in line anywhere yet...no one is really breaking the mold. Sadly even the highest profile DJs are Junior wannabes right now --- that's how I see it. They will all be cast as irrelevant when someone pops up who does their own thing, and isn't just in it because he wanted to be the guy up in the booth as worshiped as Junior has been for so many years.

Maybe he'll be back in the booth sometime, but for now, Pride is the Last Dance for Junior Vasquez.

i know i for one will be enjoying his last parties in nyc to the fullest.If you never heard Junior play live,you only have 5 more months to check out the most Legendary DJ in the world!it's time for him to move on but i understand.soo many good times that i can smile about for years to come........

Originally Posted by Jerome Farley

"I think Junior feels confident, particularly after the one-two punch of Red-Cielo in the past few weeks, that he can step aside and no one can replace him -- at least no one currently trying to fill his shoes. As Junior's friend Angel Moraes said to Junior at the Red Party, "Junior, there was Larry, and then there's you." I don't see the third in line anywhere yet...no one is really breaking the mold. Sadly even the highest profile DJs are Junior wannabes right now --- that's how I see it. They will all be cast as irrelevant when someone pops up who does their own thing, and isn't just in it because he wanted to be the guy up in the booth as worshiped as Junior has been for so many years."

Junior's manager is a big piece of shit. This press-release is the biggest insult to any deejay.

.....and he's wrong! None of the current deejays wants to step into his shoes cuz this would mean being hated & dated.

This city is owned by Boris, JP, Calderone in the straight scene and Abel & Rauhofer in the gay scene.

Only the braindead and clueless fall for this Junior shit.

Am I the only male straight person willing to admit that Victor Calderone's Evolve party is a party of mostly if not all dudes also and only male go go boys, which many of the straight males on this board frequently go to, including myself ?

I would even say most straight NYC clubs have a higher male ratio than females. Boris's party at Pacha this weekend is promoting a bring in girls night to add more females to the party, even Jonathan has parties that try to attract females like the Pajama parties he has.

Also is hating a certain DJ just as obsessive as appreciating a DJ, going to all lengths to present their dislike for the DJ ?

Just a thought

Originally Posted by Jerome Farley

"I think Junior feels confident, particularly after the one-two punch of Red-Cielo in the past few weeks, that he can step aside and no one can replace him -- at least no one currently trying to fill his shoes. As Junior's friend Angel Moraes said to Junior at the Red Party, "Junior, there was Larry, and then there's you." I don't see the third in line anywhere yet...no one is really breaking the mold. Sadly even the highest profile DJs are Junior wannabes right now --- that's how I see it. They will all be cast as irrelevant when someone pops up who does their own thing, and isn't just in it because he wanted to be the guy up in the booth as worshiped as Junior has been for so many years."

Junior's manager is a big piece of shit. This press-release is the biggest insult to any deejay.

.....and he's wrong! None of the current deejays wants to step into his shoes cuz this would mean being hated & dated.

This city is owned by Boris, JP, Calderone in the straight scene and Abel & Rauhofer in the gay scene.

Only the braindead and clueless fall for this Junior shit.

Do'nt hate the player, hate the game Donald lol.

Vic in the str8 scene rarely.

• 3 weeks later...

Music not War

44c955adf848b3913ca5185cfb9812b2.JPG

BILLY CARROL SERVES DIRTY BEATS

Extra dirty special edition of the acclaimed afterhours throwdown Sunday morning March 25,2007 at PACHA, NYC

Doors open 9AM- Billy beats it hard till the gate to ONYX opens at 3PM

618 w 46th St. NYC (between 11-12 aves)

Admission

$15.00 until 10am with invite

$25.00 until noon with invite

$55.00 all day all access pass

Advance ticket discounts available online at juniorvasquezmusic.com

PACHANYC.COM

BILLYCARROLL.COM

JUNIORVASQUEZMUSIC.COM

Then comes

JUNIOR VASQUEZ @ ONYX Sunday

3PM - to late evening(On the mainfloor)

http://www.juniorvasquezmusic.com/events

Onyx Roadshow

We sincerely hope that the Onyx roadshow left everyone satisfied. It was quite an ordeal, but we just couldn't end it that way. Pacha is a very busy club -- incredibly in demand (apparently Sunday nights are a big hip hop or latin night for them), but the stars were aligned in our favor to finish the night in style and grace at Sol. Special thanks for lighting wiz Darren Kawa for his hard work to help make it work. It's important to Junior that he not shortchange his fans/friends -- everything is too expensive for what you get, so we gave it our best shot to do right by our party people.

One individual almost had me convinced that it was a pilgrimage of sorts. Hopefully there were no holy wars on the way downtown.

Congratulations to Pacha for winning best sound system at one of the two awards shows last week in Miami. Well deserved in the sound department. Anyone know if they won for best Sunday night latin hip hop party too? Gotta check it out---must be quite an affair.

Much respect to Eddie Dean and Rob Fernandez; Pacha is a masterpiece, and we are trying to make it feel like home. The ball is in their court actually, but IMO Junior plays magically there when they can squeeze us in.

How did you like Sol? This was our favorite of the few times we've been there, so please give us your feedback. The vibe was right on -- and that was with 45 minutes of planning, no promotion (well, a ghetto flyer that might one day be priceless), but lots of good energy from the owners who still have the spirit.

I have one thing to say...

CIMG7597.JPG

soooo fierce!!!! i dont care i had a blast at Sol!!Junior never seizes to amaze me!raw mixed on the spot songs that he could only do!i love how he got on the mic at pacha and told us we had to leave at 8 but if we go to sol he will spin there free for us ofcourse.it was one of those special nights!lLola i got your text it is fine ,i didnt get out of sol till 3 am and went back to a friends to chill and say you wrote me but hunny i was out of it and couldnt write back,my vision was blurry lol.but def next time we will hook up.hope you had a good time up here!

Thanks Starscream!

Danceshake - I appreciate that you are relaying my contribution to other messageboards, but I would rather you quote my whole post and include the full the reference to my personal site where I post longer videos and picture galleries!

Lothaire

Thanks Starscream!

Danceshake - I appreciate that you are relaying my contribution to other messageboards, but I would rather you quote my whole post and include the full the reference to my personal site where I post longer videos and picture galleries!

Lothaire

but ofcourse you are fantastic Lothiare!i hope you do'nt get offened that we took the liberty to share them?see you at the next party!