Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:type: Here Junior's playlist for July. The August playlist has not been posted at the moment.

Junior Vasquez 's Booth Playlist Date: July 10, 2006

(From Vocals to Beats)

1 Dynamix feat Jason Walker - Movin On (Mahjong Remix)

2 Christina Aguilera - Aint No Other Man (Junior Vasquez Remix)

3 Beyonce Knowles - Deja-vu

4 Sunshine Anderson - Something I Want to Give You

5 Dawn Tallman - Save a Place on the Dancefloor for Me (Junior Vasquez Remix)

6Copyright feat Song Williamson - He Is

7 Dynamix feat Cissy Houston - Shake Yourself Loose (Arenna vs. JV Rmx)

8 TRL - U Gotta Luv (Tim Letteer & Jamie J. Sanchez Remixes)

9 John Creamer - Captivating

10 Groovewatchers - Viruz

11 Ronen Mizrahi - Dance to the Music

12 Danielle Bollinger - Youll Always Have Me (Junior Vasquez Remix)

13 Ellis D(a.k.a Junior Vasquez)- Call Me In Miami

http://www.juniorvasquezmusic.com

• 3 months later...

:type: Here Junior's playlist for December. Junior Vasquez 's Booth Playlist Date: December 01, 2006

(From Vocals to Beats)

Booth Playlist Date: 12/1/06

1 Ceevox - Music Is My Life Junior Remix

2 Sia - Breathe Me Junior Remix

3 Lee Genesis - I Get Satisfaction

4 Anane - Stand in Line Junior Remix

5 Tina Cox - Watch Me Dance

6 Nick Harvey - Samplingdramaqueen Pt 3

7 Dennis Ferrer - Cowbell

8 Ralph Falcon - You Need Somebody

9 Eva - 13th Street

10 Bush - R U Man or R U Animal?

Extra Janet Jackson - So Excited Junior Vasquez Club Mix

• 4 weeks later...

Junior Vasquez’s One Night Only Top Ten

Date: 12/22/06

1. Dreamgirls “Dreamgirls” (Junior Vasquez Robotron Remix)
  2. Beyoncé “Listen” (Junior Vasquez Remix)
  3. Vernessa Mitchell “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going”
  4. Jason Walker “Been There Done That”
  5. Vivian Green “Us” (Junior Vasquez Remix)
  6. Ceevox “Music Is My Life” (Junior Vasquez Remix)
  7. Dennis Ferrer “Preacherlady”
  8. Lee Genesis “Celebrate” (Junior Vasquez Remix)
  9. Green Velvet “Shake & Pop”
  10. Ellis D & Nick Harvey “Supreme Runway”

Yawn?????????????? You are entitled to your opinion....However....u need to bow down and show some respect to the man who inspired Jonathan Peters, Boris, Victor Calderone, Peter Rauhofer, and countless other DJ's to become a DJ.....Ask Victor Calderone why he wanted to become a DJ and especially why he wanted to have a mixed (gay and straight afterhours crowd)........cause he wanted to be Junior Vasquez.....So please hunny...don't get it TWISTED....

Yawn?????????????? You are entitled to your opinion....However....u need to bow down and show some respect to the man who inspired Jonathan Peters, Boris, Victor Calderone, Peter Rauhofer, and countless other DJ's to become a DJ.....Ask Victor Calderone why he wanted to become a DJ and especially why he wanted to have a mixed (gay and straight afterhours crowd)........cause he wanted to be Junior Vasquez.....So please hunny...don't get it TWISTED....

Funny comment on Junior Vasquez that 'yawn', coming from a "Donald M.", no?

please ...bla bla bla...don't act like there wouldn't be any great deejays without junior being first. he might have inspired some for a moment but no deejay wants to be "junior" these days.

JV was great 20 yrs ago. so what. today he became his own joke.

he is the michael jackson of deejays.

there are way more talented deejays out there than he ever was.

I have to say that I have yet to be blown away by Junior. I've been to several birthday parties, various gigs at Exit, SF, Roxy and Spirit. Most recently I heard him at Cielo. The only time I think I really enjoyed myself was the first time I heard him at Twilo, Jan 1, 1999. That was an experience! Granted, I was pretty new to the scene back then. But really, does JR ever play it that way anymore and is the crowd ever that good? Even my friends that follow JR say that he's terribly inconsistent. Every time I hear him spin he purposely wrecks songs when he gets bored. It's like he's tired of the same repeating beat or chorus, so he simply drops a new track on top of it. When he trainwrecks...that's another story. You all know he does it...and he's not always trying out some crazy, messed up mix with backward vocals and off-beat beats. JR deserves credit for many things. He's helped create a scene in NY that's lasted over 20 years, much longer than I've been around. For those that love him, he's like a legend and I'm sure it must feel good to know you can still catch him spinning live.

its trying to be a jnr fan but he can still deliver. this year the bassline sheletr opening night & both bank sets were superb.

but stereo thksgving was horrid, amonmg worst 2 or 3 club nights i had in 2006.

twilo cld be great.

discotq i loved from 11 pm to 6 am - smart hours that other clubs & djs shld imitate.

he is very up & down.

i think his productions/remixes are brilliant tho.

im still going for jnr every month or 2 but i hv never known a dj to book so many dates & cancel them - like the 2 LOVE events that were sked-ed for jan &n feb 2007.

well hopefully he'll have even better 2007 dates for us like stereo, love, pacha....

I still love jnrs music & still represent for him after so many years ,,, but it can be a challenge. I think the 10 pm - 4 am hammerstein event for $100 is an insult to his fans & he shld really play a 4 am to 12 noon pre new yrs after hours for us for $20 - but i realize thats moot now

see u in 2007 HAPPY NEW YEAR every body

ps I LOVEEE Jnrs remixes & productions !!!!!!!!

I think the 10 pm - 4 am hammerstein event for $100 is an insult to his fans

I respect your opinion, but your statement does not speak for myself as being an insult. I have no problem with the price or the hours....

Where ever you are for New Year's Clinton, have fun and we all appreciate your reviews rather we agree with them or not.....

You are one of the good guys icon14.gif

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams....... icon20.gif

Somebody told me Vasquez was big in the late 90s.
If you are trying to be a smart ass you should have said 90s, not 'late 90s'.

Junior's time at Sound Factory (early 90s) defined a lot of the sound played today, as well as the DJ who play today (directly or indirectly), but that's maybe something that goes above the head of most clubbers.

I don't care much for Jr these days, but I don't get the bad vibes people are spending energy to create everytime his names comes out.

junior can still be fucking masasive but his schedule the last 6 months sucks

i wish he had a schedule more like dt or vic

well like you said, it's "trying" to be a jr. fan and b/c of that his dancefloor can be sparse to crowded, so club owners are not going to want to deal with that drama, when they know they can put more drama-free and consistent djs behind the decks. Jr. takes his drama out on his fans by spinning like sh*t if he is having a bad day, the other djs don't. For example, DT had drama with a turntable at Crobar recently...had his moments of frustration about it, but still turned out hours of great mixing and enjoyment for everyone there. Jr. would have walked out...

please ...bla bla bla...don't act like there wouldn't be any great deejays without junior being first. he might have inspired some for a moment but no deejay wants to be "junior" these days.

JV was great 20 yrs ago. so what. today he became his own joke.

he is the michael jackson of deejays.

there are way more talented deejays out there than he ever was.

like JP right (sarcasm)

well like you said, it's "trying" to be a jr. fan and b/c of that his dancefloor can be sparse to crowded, so club owners are not going to want to deal with that drama, when they know they can put more drama-free and consistent djs behind the decks. Jr. takes his drama out on his fans by spinning like sh*t if he is having a bad day, the other djs don't. For example, DT had drama with a turntable at Crobar recently...had his moments of frustration about it, but still turned out hours of great mixing and enjoyment for everyone there. Jr. would have walked out...

The problem with that is i dont feel that dt comes even close to giving what jr does when he is on. I could also go to victor like i did this nye instead of jr and i heard the same song played for 10 hours. Nothing creative at all! It just doesn't cut it for me and i like that Jr has a personality behind the decks. I will admit that not all the jr gigs are great but as a whole over all the years its been pretty damm good musically. He has 2 gigs comming to pacha next month...which i am sure will be good. I would at the same time like to see jr retire soon..which i am sure he will after this year.