Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez

I'm not offended, I'm thrilled! Go ahead and spread the message... !

Danceshake - I recognize your editorial discretionary rights... It's just that I'm trying to build some traffic and ranking for my site. So, it is always better for me to see links towards my proprietary content rather than just youtube ;-)

Besides, the clip from Sol on my site is much better than the one from youtube, IMHO!

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the afterparty at SOL with my lover Franco Aviance.

Junior blew the roof off that place! He worked us all into a frenzy!!!!!

Franco did a video from one of the fiercest moments of that night which proves again Junior is THE KING OF NYC!!!!!:

Now thats what I call a flip-flop !! lol

...yawn AGAIN!

"Junior re-invents himself", "Junior is sober now", "Junior will no more be doing afterhours", "Junior is creating theater", now "junior is going back to basics".....

How much more nonsense are they coming up with every other year to keep people's interest?????

Looks like they constantly have to change directions because everything they try fails at the end.

..well I guess there's not much left. The only thing I can think of is " Junior finally retires"!

thanks junior for another amazing experience at cielo

great seeing and meeting taylor dayne

who knew such a big voice came out of such a tiny woman :D

love & happiness............................................

Thank you for a sensational Easter celebration! The music was groovy, groovy, groovy—medicine for my soul. I felt washed clean and reborn when I left. I planned on leaving by midnight stayed until 2 o'clock—it was a real challenge to leave.

xo,

C

Going to those Cielo parties are always fun, never disappointing, and a nice friendly crowd.

Here's some of the tunes I heard Junior play...

-Ellis D - Shout (got the crowd going with this one!)

-Dennis Ferrer feat. Danil Wright - Church Lady (Original)

-Taz - It's Ok

-R.A.G. - The Build-Up (Original Mix) layered with the acappella of Aly-Us - Follow Me (was LIVING for this! -- good job on this one Junior!)

-H2O feat. Billie - Take Me Higher (Original)

-The Fog - Been A Long Time (new mix I guess)

-S.I.N.Y.C. - Goddess Of Love (Junior's Red Party Madness Mix)

-Adventures of Stevie V - Dirty Cash (that new mix)

-Ceevox - Music Is My Life (Jr's Immaculate Mix)

-Nelly Furtado - Say It Right (Jr's)

-Rickie Lee Jones - Living It Up 2007

-JV - Be Quiet (All Y'all Be Quiet Mix)

-Urban Society - Can't Get U Off My Mind (Jr's Instrumental)

He played a cover of C+C's Pride (A Deeper Love)...anyone know the info on this? Also that OOOOWEEEEEEUMMMM OOOOOUUUMMMM track he's been featuring that turns me.

It was really fun party and glad I was able to make it. Thanks Junior and JVM for lovely time. Great seeing everyone.

M

http://juniorvasquezmusic.com

One more for you MOE03: This one is funny and but gives good details.

I, too, had a wonderful time at Cielo on Sunday!

This was only my second time to the club (the first being Twilo Classics), and thankfully Jr's now 2 for 2 for me in terms of Cielo.

I think my personal highlights were "Shout!" (just cause I've not heard it since the Earth days, and it was that perfect left-field Jr serving of the evening I'm always waiting for) and "Be Quiet", which is just ALWAYS fierce IMO.

Would LOVE to get an idea of that Wizard of Oz sample "Ohhhhh-Eeee-Ohhhh" track. Was that the same track that had samples of "Feel This" and a few others?

That new mix of Dirty Cash is OVAH, and a clear crowd fave.

He also played her new mix of The Absolute-Catch Me with the twisted backwards Luv 2 Synth loops.

I got there around 11:30pm, was promptly pointed in the direction of Ms. Taylor Dayne, and had a LOVELY time hanging with friends who made it to the party. Wasn't able to close it, and didn't stay as long as I would have liked, though -- bumped my knee on Saturday and it was KILLING me after dancing for about 3.5 hours straight, so I took it home to rest.

That, and the fact that some queen was swirling out on G right in front of my (directly in front of the DJ booth, no less), and seeing such a spectacle just ruins my mood, so it made sense to leave then anyway. SERIOUSLY, -- have you never heard Jr's "Don't Do G" Twilo Clap-apella?! If you aren't capable of standing on your own 2 feet while you're out, then STAY THE FUCK HOME! :

For real.

Anyway, THANKS to Junior for serving some great tunes, to JVM for putting on another very cute and *Qualité* party, and Darren for kicking ass on the lights and setting the proper mood. :D

One more to add -- Funky Green Dogs-Reach 4 Me (always lovely to hear

-Bryce

seems like his formula these days is playing new mixes of old songs.....heard his parties at cielo are fun

The reason people usually can identity remakes of a song Junior plays is because they were popular, but if a person actually listened to his entire live set, the unidentified songs are the majority of his sets and the identified songs are the minority of his sets, another example is on his XM Jr's World sets, especially HOUR 2 (My Fave unless he switches it and HOUR 1 has more unidentifiable tunes.).

The reason people usually can identity remakes of a song Junior plays is because they were popular, but if a person actually listened to his entire live set, the unidentified songs are the majority of his sets and the identified songs are the minority of his sets, another example is on his XM Jr's World sets, especially HOUR 2 (My Fave).

yea but the unidentified songs usually suck so bad nobody wants to identify them so they stay unidentified...:getdown:

yea but the unidentified songs usually suck so bad nobody wants to identify them so they stay unidentified...:getdown:

:funny:

DJ John Digweed said the same comment in a magazine article. I believe all DJs are guilty of playing unidentified records, but out of those unidentified tracks there are ones that do become identified for being good , if not we all will still be dancing to DISCO songs from the 1970s....:funny:

I'm definitely one who enjoys songs I never heard and are unidentified. It makes my club experience more interesting and it impresses me more, but we do need to hear classics that we enjoy and they bring back good memories.

Junior's Picks on Beatport.com

Divas - Lorant's Royal Mix (Ellis D) Junior Vasquez Music

(Je Ne Veux Plus Etre) Ta Reine - Dj Pierre's Afro-Acid Mix (Hanna Hais) Defected Records

Africa - Original Mix (Puritan) Junior Vasquez Music

Naked Drummer - Percussion Tool (The Producers) Maxi Records

Ala Drums - Drums Mix (Arenna) Kult Records

Survive - Original Mix (Jesse Garcia) Stealth Records

Tumba - TKC Original Mix (Mami & Papi, That Kid Chris) TKC Music

Feel Together feat. Tiger Lily - Eddie Thoneick Remix (Ben Macklin Eddie Thoneick)) Free2air Recordings

Dirty Cash - MMD 2007 Re-Work Mix So Deep Music

Come to God - Tribal Drumz Undeafeted Records

Jr's Booth Playlist Date: 4/18/07

1 Ellis D pres Chico - The March

2 Jason Walker - I Cant Get You Off My Mind

3 Amuka - My Man

4 Janet Jackson - With U (Chad Jack Remix)

5 2 4 Grooves - The Way I Do (Junior Remix)

6 Angelique Kidjo feat Peter Gabriel - Salala

7 Hanna Hais - (Je Ne Veux Plus Etre) Ta Reine (DJ Pierre Remix)

8 Maurice Joshua feat. Fast Eddie - Move Yo Shake Yo (Junior House Mix)

9 Joe T Vanelli - Prelude

10 Andrew Mendez - Cheater

11 Razor - Electro

12 Exacta - Stuck

13 Animal - Three Days Grace (Vicious Remix)

14 Ellis D - Divas (Lorant Remix)

15 Ultra Nate - Automatic

16 Krystal Kruz - Shadows of Your Love (Lorant Remix)

17 Restless & Volatile feat Brenda - When Im With You

18 Sabrina - Woke Up My Heart (Junior Remix)

19 Demo - Love the Way Im Walking

20 Demo - With A Little Joy

Update....

Available on Beatport on Monday. It's buzzin' hard around the world with tastemaking dj's, and we're excited that so many of you have adapted smoothly with us by trying out and supporting the digital portals through which you can get music. It will be exclusive to Beatport for one month, followed by itunes. There are five edits perfectly calculated to each stand on its own when listening to the individuals tracks; the "the dub 4 jr" is my favorite. I've watched the number of fans to have grown much more quickly for OUR music than for other genres (no surprise, as we all have computers). It's satisfying to finally be able to rush to you music that you want NOW. We have releases once a week including three albums by the end of June -- all will be available first on itunes:

1. JUNIOR LIVE VOL. 3 (160 minute continuous program mp3 + password-protected access to a website that reinvents liner notes; *or* 2XCD through major retailers and online weeks after the digital release. Embrace the new technology. No more waiting for songs till you don't care anymore.

2. FLEXIBLE :: Jason Walker's sophomore album featuring the following singles and others: "I Can't Get You Off My Mind" + "Flexible" + "Take Me Back" + "Watch Me Dance" + "Can't Stop" (cover of After 7) + "Foolish Lover (I'm Sorry)" any one that we think will be especially big: "CONFUSION". "Confusion" was written by our talented dear friend whose "As I Am" release is one of the proudest songs in the JVM catalog. Incidentally, "Confusion" was engineered with keys by our newest studio partners with whom we've turned a corner musically. We're not taking any cookie cutters to these new sessions. Proof positive: JUNIOR'S TRIBALECTRO MASSIVE REMIX of Angelique Kidjo feat., Peter Gabriel, "Salala" It's groundbreaking despite how difficult a song it was to rebuild.

3. REMIX IS MY LIFE :: Features 11 Previously UNreleased Remixes of Jason Walker's songs to date, including the JF-M HOUSE Mix of "I Can't Get You Off My Mind", as well as unreleased newly reworked anthems like "My Life"; Remix Contest Winner Harrington's mix of "Reaching" + lots of amazing goodies, Itunes exclusive on 6-19-07.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Lordy.....LOL

Studio Mezmor??? haha ..How deep have they fallen!

With Victor's Grand opening at Pacha and Peter at Stereo this is already screaming for another disaster.

PS: How do they get rid off all that trash that frequents Studio Mezmor on a Saturday Night? Junior's 200 braindead fans will make that place look pretty empty. I'll be there just to see that! Hahahahahahahahahahhahaa