Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody heading over to Alegria tonight?

Always love me some Alegria as I constantly run into the old Junior crowd over there. Junior pretty much lost all his hot looking crowd from back then to Alegria. His recent parties only seem to attract skinny twinks and old ugly drag queens.

Always love me some Alegria as I constantly run into the old Junior crowd over there. Junior pretty much lost all his hot looking crowd from back then to Alegria. His recent parties only seem to attract skinny twinks and old ugly drag queens.

ahhh shuddup u sound stupid hater, even worse your a hater that doesnt even know what they are talking about.

First of all that's Bullshit....jr had a huge crowd at all his big events last year....muscle boys and skinny queens and pussy's like you who love to talk shit on message boards about a man who has inspired most of the parties today (say what you want but look at VC comments about JR on the you tube documentary). Second of all come 2 JR's RED party at PACHA and I guarantee you it will be the best night of music u will hear this year.....Finally, can the man live already? Get off his dick and go hang with your girlfriends Gina and Tina and werk your cha cha heals at Alergria and come back right a review of that party...but we don't need 2 hear how it was good and JR is bad....By the although u talk shit all u do is keep him the most famous DJ on the planet whether u say good things or bad....cause if I ask my mother have u heard of JV she will say yea...but if I ask her if u hear if JP, DT, VC, AB, etc...she will say, "who the fuck is that"?....That's all enjoy your holiday....and say hello to the guuurls 4 me ;)

..yeah Junior might have inspired a lot of other deejays - maybe for a moment back then, definitely not forever.

It's just funny to see how all these other deejays took this inspiration to the next level and evolved to something Junior is never ever able to be these days!

RED, BLACK or whatever color JV picks...it's gonna be the same old loop with a different paint on it.

..yeah Junior might have inspired a lot of other deejays - maybe for a moment back then, definitely not forever.

It's just funny to see how all these other deejays took this inspiration to the next level and evolved to something Junior is never ever able to be these days!

RED, BLACK or whatever color JV picks...it's gonna be the same old loop with a different paint on it.

yeah ok loopy whatever you say.just curious what red or black party of Juniors have you been to that you had such a horrible time?please be specific. thanx!

what is this alegria club all about? i'm looking for something new but is it going to be total 'mo (all gay & happy)?

i'd like a cool, mostly str8 club, where the DON'T play deep house, tribal or trance. if it's a 2big club who cares - i'll go anyway.

lol mikey *blush*

don't blush mr - any guy who's into music hardcore is my kind of guy. who cares if you're into junior (KIDDIN! kinda)

seriously what is this club about? i'd like to hear more about the scene you're in. is it a bunch of chelsea muscle heads or what? i kinda steer clear of the big clubs, like crobar, only because it tends to lack the smaller family feel i dig. however TALK ME INTO IT. u owe me a corner somewhere if we ever meet - talking optional

don't blush mr - any guy who's into music hardcore is my kind of guy. who cares if you're into junior (KIDDIN! kinda)

seriously what is this club about? i'd like to hear more about the scene you're in. is it a bunch of chelsea muscle heads or what? i kinda steer clear of the big clubs, like crobar, only because it tends to lack the smaller family feel i dig. however TALK ME INTO IT. u owe me a corner somewhere if we ever meet - talking optional

mikey please stop being such a pussy and just go and check it out lol.if you want ill meet up with you soo you wont be going in alone,or better yet bring a couple of your friends.Junior may not be your thing but his Big parties like this are always alot of fun!it's a very diverse crowd,the gays,the str8s,transexuals.. u know how it goes lol.and please dont get fresh i dont wanna have to give you a beat down lol.but yes please come...maybe i can get Shealita Baby and IsIs Vermouth to come since you already know them.pm me if your serious about going.

• 2 weeks later...

New Articles/Interviews about/with Junior

REMIX Mag - "Shop Talk" feature/February - On newsstands this week

DJ Mag - Feature story/February - On newsstands this week

DJ Times - Feature story/February - On newsstands this week

Clubs System International Mag - First Person VIP feature/February - Hits newsstands this week

Check 'em out.

Found this on Jr's website. :type:

JUNIOR VASQUEZ

Feb 1, 2007 12:00 PM, By Justin Kleinfeld

http://remixmag.com/mag/remix_junior_vasquez/

702Shop.Talk.jpg

For more than 20 years, Junior Vasquez has been one of the most prominent figures on the global dance-music and clubbing scene. Growing up around New York City's dance-music golden age, Vasquez spent the better part of the late-'70s and early '80s as a regular at David Mancuso's Loft parties and Larry Levan's sets at Paradise Garage. Vasquez started off DJing to trendsetting crowds at Keith Haring's Carmine Street Pool Parties and Tribeca's Bassline club before launching his own residency at the legendary Sound Factory in 1989. It was at the Sound Factory where Vasquez became massive, and his underground after-hours sets helped to establish the venue as the mecca of all dance clubs.

Vasquez was also instrumental in shaping the pop-music charts in the early 1990s. Record labels frequently commissioned Vasquez to create dance remixes for their artists, and he would play the mixes at Sound Factory to a fantastic response from the crowd. Vasquez also had a hand in several cultural phenomena, namely the mainstream acceptance of vogue-ing. Madonna used to hang out at Sound Factory and was inspired to write her hit “Vogue†because of the fans who practiced the underground dance during Vasquez's sets. Madonna would later hire Vasquez to add “extra bits†to the track and recruited the Sound Factory dancers for her video.

On the production side of things, Vasquez had his hand in numerous global dance hits. He's worked with producers Arthur Baker and Shep Pettibone and artists including Michael Jackson, Prince, MC Hammer, Madonna and Whitney Houston, among many others. He's currently working on music with Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake and Jennifer Hudson, and he is trying to get a song approved for inclusion on Britney Spears' new album.

These days, as a DJ, Vasquez works just about every weekend, mostly in the United States. His current sets are primarily made up of modern tracks, and only 3 percent of his programming revisits the classics. “If I mix it up, it doesn't sound like I am a dinosaur playing classic records. I can't play 12-year-old Sound Factory tracks,†he says. Another reason for the decision to change up his sets lies with the changing club culture. “God's not the DJ anymore,†he says. “Things have changed drastically because it's all about bottle service now. It's okay though because I've made my mark. [but] I would like to find a little spot where I could do my thing.â€

But Vasquez was in a “classics mood†when Remix met him the week before Thanksgiving at New York City's Second Hand Rose Music. The store is only a few blocks away from Vasquez's office and features an enormous loft area filled with one of the best selections of dance-music vinyl in the city. Vasquez thumbed through the records one by one and sang each track note for note. These are some of the memories he shared with us.

FREEZ

“I.O.U.†(Warlock)

This was a big KISS FM mix-show song for me. It was one of the first commercially huge records that I had my hand in. I admit that I haven't played it in years, but it's time to recycle the sound. Pure freestyle meets house, which is exactly where the sound is going today. My head was in the zone of this record when I remixed Christina Aguilera's “Ain't No Other Man.†I guess we'll see if I'm right about this theory if I get a Grammy for the X-tina remix.

GWEN GUTHRIE

“Padlock†(Garage)

Larry Levan played this at the Paradise Garage for months, and no one could get it. I always remember this as the record that I chased around for a very long time and was most proud of when I finally got my hands on it. It's similar to “Reap (What You Sow)†by Vernessa Mitchell, which I produced at the Sound Factory. The kids hunted down that record, and I kept it very tight. I suppose it's a timeless truth that you want most what you can't possess.

MARSHALL JEFFERSON

“Move Your Body (The House Music Anthem)†(Trax)

This is the ultimate house anthem. I also used to play a special version in which David Cole played keys for me live at the Sound Factory. It's another record that never leaves my bag, and it defined the piano house sound from Chicago but without the deep-house laziness that a lot of those records had. That's why it's timeless.

MADONNA

“Like a Prayer†(12-inch version) (Sire)

My friend Shep Pettibone produced it, and I broke it. This was one of the only Madonna records that I worked the hell out of. I had three copies on all the decks, and I would play it for 30 or sometimes 45 minutes — from the vocal into the church-apella into the a cappella and turned inside out. It really worked when I overlaid it with Fast Eddie's “Let's Go,†which years later, after being tired of doing it live, I finally incorporated right into my own private studio mix. That choir behind Madonna was pure gospel brilliance, and it's the first record that I could really play without the cheese factor that her earlier pop records had.

CE CE PENISTON

“Finally†(12-inch Choice Mix) (AM:PM)

This came out when I was DJing at the Sound Factory. This song has a hook from beginning to end, and when you know the song, you can't help singing it from first word to the last. It's just a brilliant song, and when I used to turn down the sound on the mixer, all the kids used to sing it.

ROYAL HOUSE

“Party People†(Idlers)

It's one of the early Sound Factory peak-hour party records. All of Todd Terry's records were big for me, and this, like “Can U Party,†still sounds as fresh. Also, Todd Terry's “Bango†and Kevin Saunderson's “The Sound†never leave my bag, and they instantly get any party started. God knows that I've sampled this track a hundred times in my own productions, but come to think of it, it's nothing but samples itself to begin with.

STRAFFE

“Set It Off†(Jus Born)

I played this a lot on my KISS FM shows in the mid-'80s. It sounded different than anything at the time. The whistles and drums were completely unique, and it was a huge party record. It was too cheesy for my club sets once I established myself, but you can't deny that it's one of the top 10 party records of modern dance music.

LIZ TORRES FEAT. EDWARD CROSBY

“Can't Get Enough†(State Street)

This was one of the biggest records for me at my first club home, Bassline at 21 Hudson. The bass line of the record was the strongest of any records from that time, and Liz was the vocalist whom I most associate with the Bassline sound. This started the Chicago House movement, and it was very simple basement work. The bass line in this was so different, and I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate it into a crowd.

the only thing worth talking about is ellis d tracks

Jr's Ellis D productions are the Bomb!

Ellis D also known as Junior Vasquez info

Ellis-D

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ellis-D

/ artists (E) Real Name:Donald Mattern Profile:Junior Vasquez's alias created in the late 80's. Unlike Junior's style, Ellis D has a unique style of music production, sampling vocals and sounds of classics of yesteryear.

* Not to be confused with the UK Drum & Bass / Breaks DJ and producer who is in discogs as 'Ellis Dee'

Aliases: Factory Kids, The, Junior Vasquez

Releases:

It's Scratched (12") Street Level

Took My Love Away (12") XL Recordings

My Loleatta (12") Minimal Records (2) 1987

Took My Love Away (12") Minimal Records (2) 1988

Free Your Mind (LP) XL Recordings 1989

Free Your Mind (LP) Minimal Records (2) 1989

Free Your Mind (CD) XL Recordings 1989

Took My Love Away (12") XL Recordings 1989

Work This Pussy (12") Street Level 1989

I Will Survive (12") XL Recordings 1990

Just Like A Queen (12") XL Recordings 1990

Just Like A Queen (12") Minimal Records (2) 1990

Free Your Body (CD) Junior Vasquez Music 2003

Took My Love Away (12", RP) XL Recordings 2004

Free Your Soul (CD) Junior Vasquez Music 2006

Co-production:

Lift Up The Needle (12") Lift Up The Needle (Da... Tantrum Recordings 1998

Earth Music 2 (CD) I Got Something (Earth... Tommy Boy Music 2002

I Got Something (12") Junior Vasquez Music 2002

Appears On:

House Of Magic (12") House of Magic (Radioa... Cheetah Records 1990

Lift Up The Needle (12") Lift Up The Needle (J'... Tantrum Recordings 1998

Lift Up The Needle (Remixes) (12") Tantrum Recordings 1998

Tracks Appear On:

Rough House Vol. 1 (LP) Took My Love Away Minimal Records (2) 1988

House That Beat! (LP) Took My Love Away Atoll Music 1989

House That Beat! (CD) Took My Love Away Atoll Music 1989

The First Chapter (2xLP) I Will Survive (Nothin... XL Recordings 1990

The First Chapter (CD) I Will Survive (Nothin... XL Recordings 1990

Bachelor Dance Party Volume One (LP) Work This Pussy Sexploit Records 1991

The Future Sound Of New York (CD) I Wanna (Sound Factory... Emotive Records 1994

After Hours (CD) It's Paradise Journeys By DJ 1995

The Future Sound Of New York (3xLP) I Wanna Sound Of Ministry 1995

The Future Sound Of New York (CD) I Wanna (Sound Factory... Sound Of Ministry 1995

The Future Sound Of New York (3x12") I Wanna (Sound Factory... Emotive Records

After Hours (2xLP) It's Paradise Journeys By DJ 1996

Journeys By DJ: After Hours (CD) It's Paradise Twisted America Records 1997

White Party Volume 7 (CD) Y'all Had Enuff Yet? Centaur Music, Inc. 2006

Unofficial Releases:

Acapella Anonymous Vol. #9 (LP) Work This Pussy DJ Essentials Inc. 2005

:type: Here Junior's playlist for February.

Junior Vasquez 's Booth Playlist Date: February 07, 2007

(Vocals & Beats)

http://www.juniorvasquezmusic.com/booth/

1 SINYC - Goddess of Love (Red Party Madness)

2 Rickie Lee Jones - Living It Up 07

3 Sheila Brody - EQ

4 Billie Myers - Just Sex (Vasquez Magnum Remix)

5 2 4 Grooves - The Way I Do (Junior Remix)

6 Maurice Joshua feat. Fast Eddie - Move Yo Shake Yo (Junior House Mix)

7 Taz - Its OK

8 Midnight Society -The Revolution

9 Nick Harvey - Tribalectro

10 Andrew Mendez - Shut Up

11 Sheldon Romero - Flesh

12 Nick Holder - Erotic Illusions (Remix)

13 Whitney Houston - So Emotional (Goodyear 07 Remix)

14 Sia - Breathe Me (Vasquez Bravo Remix)

15 Ultra Nate - Loves the Only Drug (Vasquez Trench Mix & Brett Hensley Remix)

• 2 weeks later...