Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha..why should anybody buy advance tickets for a Junior Vasquez event these days? Will it be overcrowded..bwahahahahahahahahahaha

cuz it makes things alot easier moron..why would anyone harp on 1 dj as much as you do? cuz you're a LOSER! stick that up you're stanky smelly azz you Quacker !

• 2 weeks later...

Jr & Cielo: Drop a House REVIEW

Over the years, work and life responsibilities have forced me to scale back my inputs on this board. In conjunction, the deterioration of the NYC nightlife scene also left me underwhelmed at many (indeed, most) moments over the last 4 - 5 years.

However (in the wake of a very, very mixed affair at the Roxy/ArenA gig), Junior delivered a set which took the intimate group of peeps on the dance floor back to a magical era of NY. It also served to "re-remind" my crew of veterans and me (mostly in our late 30s/early 40s) why we've stuck with Junior since the Sound Factory days.

It's been a while, but last night Mr. Vasquez took Cielo on a journey of many moods, textures, colors - and throughout it all - he kept up a relentless, relentless groove... Now that is what NY house is all about and it was done in the very trademark manner that made Junior the legend that he is.

Junior - Hope you weren't sending a message during the mash-up of "...Don't Appreciate/"He's Turning It" sample. There is a contigent of clubers out there that do not prioritize bottle service over the DJ. Unfortunately, this is the new challenge of the DJ in 2007; and although the aforementioned trend is wiping out the city's educated/appreciative listeners/dancers, sets such as the one from last night converted even the random walk-ins who had no idea of what good DJ-ing is all about. In short, last night...

EVERYBODY WAS DANCIN'. EVERYBODY WAS FREAKIN.'... YOU KNOW: LIKE THE WAY WE USED TO DO IT!

Thnx Junior - SQ

Another review or two:

Junior + Cielo = Perfection!

Thanks again for a great night. Even though it was a week after my birthday, I enjoyed celebrating by dancing on Junior's dancefloor.

Loved that mix to Let No Man Put Asunder....anyone know which mix was played? Gomi also played a smoother mix to Kelly Rowland's Ghetto that I liked much more....would love an id on the mix too!

Great seeing everyone and Franco it was a pleasure meeting you too! and am sending blessings right back to you!

Have a great week everyone!!!!! :D

All the best,

C

That's the way love goes

thank you again for a beautiful evening.

Last night a dj actually saved a... couple....of.. lives...

With Love..........

Disco Freaks- Take Me 2 The Sun (freemason mix)

Here's another:

i had to move to cali, i have been pretty upset with my life changing really dramaticly. well since i have been on the west coast victor has been touring, i went to two shows, las vegas and san fran to try something different, to see different places, the clubs are only worried about bottel service, no respect to the dancers, san fran was fun, but still the bottel thing, expect the people were very friendly and nice, they allowed me in the vip area i could sit. vegas, very alful, people acting like they were someone because they paid 400 to 500 a bottel.(but vegas had the better sound system)(san fran had better people!!) any way we have it made in nyc. it was the best and still is the best even though we are being pushed into smaller venues and getting older. nyc has the best looking and acting and dancing crowd. i love junior, i will stick by him because i think he is my love in music, and i remeber when it was hot, cold, inbetween and for all of that i am deadacated!!!(sorry i spell bad) can't wait untill Jr's bday. so all of you stop complaining, if you saw what i have and i'm stuck in heat, hell, and the country you would jump at any chance to hear junior in nyc!!! oh victor was alot of fun!!! :P

Don't stop the music............

Jr's tons of NEW MIXES

Mick Jagger, "Charmed Life"

Rihanna, "Don't Stop the Music"

JC Chasez, "Until Yesterday"

Kelly Rowland, "Ghetto"

Gym Class Heroes, "Clothes Off"

Cyndi Lauper, "True Colors 2007"

Dana International, "You Can Down On Me"

Eros Ramazzotti, "Terra Promessa"

Samantha Jade, "Turn Around"

Angelique Kidjo, "Arouna"

Jason Walker, "Cold World" & "Confusion"

Johnny Hazzard, "Hazard" (w/TRL)

Aretha Franklin, "A Deeper Love" (R.E.S.P.E.C.T. R.E.M.I.X.)

Jordan McCoy, "Just Watch Me"

Jerome Farley

Managing Partner

Jerome Farley Management/

Junior Vasquez Music

Jr's Booth Playlist Date: 8/1/07

1 Kelly Rowland - Ghetto (Jerome+Gomi in da Ghetto Remix)

2 Rihanna - Breaking Dishes (JFM Remix)

3 Sabrina Johnston - Peace in the Valley 2007

4 Mary Mary - Shackles (Vic Calderone Remix)

5 Angie Stone - My Man (Floor One Remix)

6 Jason Walker - This Time Baby (Extended)

7 Angelique Kidjo - Arouna (Mauro Lucero Remix)

8 First Choice feat. Rochelle Fleming - Let No Man Put Asunder

(Igor Zanonn 2007 Remix)

9 Johnny Hazzard - Body (TRL Remix)

10 Ellis D - The Clapper

:type: Here Junior's playlist for July. The August playlist has not been posted at the moment.

Junior Vasquez 's Booth Playlist Date: July 10, 2006

(From Vocals to Beats)

1 Dynamix feat Jason Walker - Movin On (Mahjong Remix)

2 Christina Aguilera - Aint No Other Man (Junior Vasquez Remix)

3 Beyonce Knowles - Deja-vu

4 Sunshine Anderson - Something I Want to Give You

5 Dawn Tallman - Save a Place on the Dancefloor for Me (Junior Vasquez Remix)

6Copyright feat Song Williamson - He Is

7 Dynamix feat Cissy Houston - Shake Yourself Loose (Arenna vs. JV Rmx)

8 TRL - U Gotta Luv (Tim Letteer & Jamie J. Sanchez Remixes)

9 John Creamer - Captivating

10 Groovewatchers - Viruz

11 Ronen Mizrahi - Dance to the Music

12 Danielle Bollinger - Youll Always Have Me (Junior Vasquez Remix)

13 Ellis D(a.k.a Junior Vasquez)- Call Me In Miami

http://www.juniorvasquezmusic.com

Hey, i see u always post here and like JV. I havent heard him for a while. ( since twilo & arena. I know he changed, but still at 7AM does he blow it up, like back in the day? Or is he like JP and dies out by the end of his set? Any feedback would be nice..

Hey, i see u always post here and like JV. I havent heard him for a while. ( since twilo & arena. I know he changed, but still at 7AM does he blow it up, like back in the day? O..

Yup! Only on his long marathon gigs. His B-day party coming up in August in NYC which he will do exactly that, he seems to play the best on his birthday parties.

Venue to be announced soon!

what happened to jnrs birthday party? removed from nyc schedule? where was it gonna be?? its 1 month off, or less....

thanks for posting jnrs latest playlists etc...

JVM is updating Junior's Birthday flyer and some other web issues, as what Jerome Farley wrote.

Hahahahahahahaha...looks like Junior already dumbed DJ Billy Steele as his opening deejay...Did that worker not let him grab his crotch at the end...awwwwwwwwwwww

Billy has a gig that night.He was set to play but the dates got switched around.That is all hater.Have fun continuing to act like a complete moron.

PARADISE GARAGE CLASSICS, Junior @ Disco Tea : GODFATHER

NYC, Sun 8-12-07 (7pm-2am)............

Now these are the classics of dance classics, let's go waaaayyyyy back urban style. That is not Junior in the pictures, it's Mel Cheren, who helped start the club PARADISE GARAGE in NYC.

127fb4f5b73db50b8abce4a53a6c4bc6.jpg

http://www.juniorvasquezmusic.com/events/

AND

some great info from Silverbull on the days of the Paradise Garage.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/310734-power-paradise-garage-larry-levan-video.html