Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Muslim Countries View America

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tribal

3. in his book From Beirut to Jerusalem, NYTimes journalist T.Friedman mentions an interesting Arabic tale. this old man had a turkey. it was a fine bird of feather. one night, some local thieves came by and stole the bird. the next day, the old man's son says 'father, we should go, take our turkey back, and punish the people who stole our turkey!' The old man was hesitant and did not want to start commotion over a turkey. The next day the man's camels were stolen. 'Father" says the son 'We must punish the people who did this to us, the people who stole our turkey'

'Its ok,' says the old man 'they wont steal anything again, theres nothing to steal anymore' The next day, the old man's daughter was raped. 'My daughter was raped all because of that turkey. i should have punished the people that stole the turkey, my daughter was raped because i let them have my turkey' cried the old man.

gentlemen, on sept 11, they stole our turkey. all 3000+ of them. when we sit and deliberate who we have offended or present hypothetical oppression stories and not take action against the murderers who did this, the murderers are seeing this as a sign of weakness. as much as i dislike bush, i complement him on the current military campaign and the anti terror initiative. our turkey was stolen. lets make sure we still have our camels and our daughter's cherry intact.

Nice story. But the analogy of comparing it to the US being attacked is bad. I hate analogies personally because they might have one thing similar but 10000 things that are different. Although I do use them myself a lot of times. You could also use that analogy against the USA. Of how the US murders and exploits people around the world. But it's funny when the US does that shit, for some reason it's all of the sudden justified.

karch, all i ever fucking hear is how US exploits this, fucks over that. tell you what, show me one clear case of what everyone here is bitching about and maybe i will agree. no one is saying US is perfect, but its not the oppresive tyrant people here claim it to be. for 1 instance of US 'oppression' i can show you 10 countries that benefited from dealing with US. because of us, the entire western Europe is rich and powerful, japan and southeast asia are industrialized and have a higher GDP than ever before. i could go on and on, the fact is that vast amounts of complaints against US arent based on anything but speculation.

tony, if you like sleeping on streets and eating garbage, thats your fad man, not mine. if you are willing to be such a mother teresa, go ahead, dont burden us with that. if you ever took economics, you'd know the concept of utility. maybe by sleeping in streets, your level of utility is greater than mine, sleeping in a warm bed. dont lay that moralistic anti-materialist shit on me. ill go to a church when i need a sermon.

sonicfuck, if you want peace so much, why do you curse out at the indians every chance you get? seems hypocritical. your link doesnt work by the way. ciao.

karch, all i ever fucking hear is how US exploits this, fucks over that. tell you what, show me one clear case of what everyone here is bitching about and maybe i will agree. no one is saying US is perfect, but its not the oppresive tyrant people here claim it to be. for 1 instance of US 'oppression' i can show you 10 countries that benefited from dealing with US. because of us, the entire western Europe is rich and powerful, japan and southeast asia are industrialized and have a higher GDP than ever before. i could go on and on, the fact is that vast amounts of complaints against US arent based on anything but speculation.

tony, if you like sleeping on streets and eating garbage, thats your fad man, not mine. if you are willing to be such a mother teresa, go ahead, dont burden us with that. if you ever took economics, you'd know the concept of utility. maybe by sleeping in streets, your level of utility is greater than mine, sleeping in a warm bed. dont lay that moralistic anti-materialist shit on me. ill go to a church when i need a sermon.

sonicfuck, if you want peace so much, why do you curse out at the indians every chance you get? seems hypocritical. your link doesnt work by the way. ciao.

argh. ok dude what u didnt get is that i didnt do that by choice. what i was saying is that there are alot of poor americans and we spend mad money on fucking wastefull shit like movies or missiles or whatever. the us aint what it appears to be. you might think its great but the poor people might tell u otherwise.

I think everyone can agree that the Middle East and the entire Muslim world is a medieval hellhole. They are the laughingstock of the world. The only reason anyone would have any interest in going there would be to see it in person, to marvel at the fact that in the year 2002, that people are still actually living in such filthy medieval, horrible conditions. It has serious shock value, but even with that they really have no tourism to speak of, relatively. There is nothing that the US or anyone else can do for people that are that ignorant. To bomb them into kingdom come would only be putting them out of their misery.

Originally posted by dusted

I think everyone can agree that the Middle East and the entire Muslim world is a medieval hellhole. They are the laughingstock of the world. The only reason anyone would have any interest in going there would be to see it in person, to marvel at the fact that in the year 2002, that people are still actually living in such filthy medieval, horrible conditions. It has serious shock value, but even with that they really have no tourism to speak of, relatively. There is nothing that the US or anyone else can do for people that are that ignorant. To bomb them into kingdom come would only be putting them out of their misery.

although i like your CP name, it wont prevent me from smackin some sense into you

Originally posted by dusted

Did I say anything that wasn't true?

have you seen the cities along the persian gulf coast of saudi arabia? Bahrain? Qatar?

Shitloads of money: oil companies, shipping, internet, and software companies are springing up all over. Condos, hotels, office buldings, and shopping centers are being built left and right.

but of course all of this is going to fall on deaf ears, so i'm not going to bother anymore

So then what the fuck are they all complaining about? Why don't they take some of that oil money and use it to improve the lot of all the Muslim people? Oh, and their oil wouldn't mean shit if it wasn't for America. After all, we buy most of it. Basically, their money is American money, so they should shut the fuck up.

Originally posted by undergr0und

i am curious, whoever defends opressive muslim regimes and thinks that they are victims in US global takeover.............do you hate jews as well?

i'm not defending them, i dont think the US is as innocent as it wants everyone to beleive

and i also beleive that Jews have suffered horribly under all of this, as well as the palesitinians. i was hoping for a peaceful solution, but its never gonna happen

http://www.azzam.sh/

Damn fucking A right it ain't gonna happen. Israel is the only Jewish State and the only democracy in the entire Arab world, and it's surrounded by Arabs who want to see it destroyed. Colonel Khadafi was saying that the only way the Arabs would recognize a Jewish State is if it were in Alaska. It is nothing more than good old fashioned Jew hating. These people are barbarians. I can't believe that Israel hasn't blown these fucks off the map by now.

Why not read some Arab propaganda, like the link above, and maybe then you'll begin to see the big picture.

Originally posted by undergr0und

i am curious, whoever defends opressive muslim regimes and thinks that they are victims in US global takeover.............do you hate jews as well?

what people dont understand is that there are usually tyranical govts that are oppressing the people, its not the peoples choice to have saddam hussein in charge, its just that they dont have they power to over throw him. saddam kills millions of his own people every year. and no i dont hate jews.

tony i dont know where you travelled, but the rest of the world does not hate us. there are elements in every country that lay blame on US for shortcomings in their own societies. the rest of the world does not hate US, you are getting that assumption from your ass. many of the points you said are completely off, for example our sanctions on Iraq. we are killing innocent iraqis? oh so thats how it is. or did you not know that saddam buys weapons with the money he earns from the oil that they do sell, instead of food and medicine for his people. idiot, think logically, if we were to not put those sanctions on his ass, what do you think would happen? would the children of iraq be well fed and clothed??? or would saddam finally complete the nuclear warheads he has such a hard on for? read a book by Scott Ritter called Endgame, maybe you will understand issues a bit better, before you yap stupid shit like US is the 'oppressor'. read the article posted by wallflour earlier, it explains perfectly how i feel about this entire issue, and then try to debate me.

The rest of the world does not hate the US? Come on! They might not hate it as much as the Al-Qaeda does, but from travelling in more than 50 countries, almost every place I have been in, I've talked to people and when I mentioned I lived in the US,they immediately started talking shit about it....wake up! The United States is a joke in the eyes of the world...especially after Bush took office....I had people e-mailing me saying how sorry they were that we have such a fucked up system as to pick a president like Bush.....

You know what. I think Europeans are extremely ill mannered to say something like that to an American. Would you say something like that to them? If you were just meeting an English person, would you say to them "Why doesn't your fucking country get the fuck out of Northern Ireland"? Or if you were meeting a German, would you bring up the Holocaust? I don't think so.

These people are nothing but a bunch of ungrateful pricks. We saved their sorry asses more times than they care to remember. Thats really what their problem is. They are just jealous of the fact that we have more money and more power than they do. We don't need them at all.

They really should keep their fucking mouths shut.

Originally posted by sassa

The rest of the world does not hate the US? Come on! They might not hate it as much as the Al-Qaeda does, but from travelling in more than 50 countries, almost every place I have been in, I've talked to people and when I mentioned I lived in the US,they immediately started talking shit about it....wake up! The United States is a joke in the eyes of the world...especially after Bush took office....I had people e-mailing me saying how sorry they were that we have such a fucked up system as to pick a president like Bush.....

Oh, and by the way, what did you say when these people were insulting you and your country? I would bet money that you were cowed into agreeing with them, when you should tell them to fuck off, cause anyone who shows such outright disrespect for you is not your friend.

Originally posted by sassa

thank you soooo much sassa. the world does think of the us as a joke and the usa is a joke. we are not the same great country that fought in the world wars. were a bunch of morons. billions of dollars investigating a blow job and we couldnt fucking pay for securitey and intelligence to prevent 9/11 and heres the kicker, it wasnt even the first attack on wtc. fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. i can tell you from personal experience that even the british who are supposed to be our allies talk shit about us. read the nuclear war thread. people think its a joke but i think it would be foolish to ignore them. if someone told ne of us that the twin towers were going to be destroyed by two hijacked airplanes not only on the same day but within the same hour not one of us would have believed that. remember forewarned is forarmed.

Originally posted by t0nythelover

thank you soooo much sassa. the world does think of the us as a joke and the usa is a joke. we are not the same great country that fought in the world wars. were a bunch of morons. billions of dollars investigating a blow job and we couldnt fucking pay for securitey and intelligence to prevent 9/11 and heres the kicker, it wasnt even the first attack on wtc. fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. i can tell you from personal experience that even the british who are supposed to be our allies talk shit about us. read the nuclear war thread. people think its a joke but i think it would be foolish to ignore them. if someone told ne of us that the twin towers were going to be destroyed by two hijacked airplanes not only on the same day but within the same hour not one of us would have believed that. remember forewarned is forarmed.

The US has such a wonderful past....I think during WWII they were really at their peak....they were much, much more respected back then than they are today...even the press had much more liberties back then....now people are afraid of saying the wrong thing in case they piss off some corrupt high-ranking politicians...the US is going downhill and I bet that in 20-30 years it won't have the influence that it does not....perhaps this century will be Pax-Sino....just like the 19th century was Pax-Britain...and the 20th century Pax-Americana...every regime and every empire rises and falls...look at history, it's happened time and again.

People, before you get upset about people talking shit about the US...why don't you try to understand why. True, this country does a lot of good..but the bad hurts way more people than anyone could realize...and now with Bush the cowboy hick in office...I only hope that by the end of his term this country is not left in a shithole...