Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Is Done Forever

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm...its not selective anything. You obviously can't arrest every single person or group of people that has done a drug or repeatedly does drugs. A shit hole like SF is targeted because it makes itself an easy target. It basically aids and abets huge groups of people doing drugs on a regular basis. Should the cops go after them or the 2 high school kids smoking weed in their basement? You obviously go after the big fish. It makes sense. I have absolutely no remorse for these people. Even though I like going clubbing and obviously don't want to see them all close if people are doing bad things in the clubs then I can understand and accept the fact that the law needs to step in. It's easy to disagree with something when it adversely affects you. But it's a lot more honorable to stand up for whats right when you are not going to benefit from it. I love clubbing... but don't get mad at the "evil cops" for doing whats right. Theres no one to blame besides the moral lacking people who do the drugs and sell the drugs.

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

No person sober could stay up all night and to go to afterhours until the next afternoon? or would you like wake upand go 6am?

actually plenty of people could do that it isnt realy hard oh and sh

Originally posted by klubbernyc

i just seen it on channel 7 and fox five

holy shit, there were mad pills lying on the floors

its huge in the news, SF is really officaly done

probably b/c anybody who was there and had anything on them when the lites came on and the cops marched in emptied their pockets thinking everybody was gonna get searched or something

Everyone is a critic here!

I think we should all tip out hats to Richard Grant for the 2 decades of quality club space he gave New York!

Maybe he made some mistakes and bad moves that have gotten him into trouble leagaly, but we should remember all of the amazing theme parties, great dj's, he brought to the New York scene!

Originally posted by berniec

probably b/c anybody who was there and had anything on them when the lites came on and the cops marched in emptied their pockets thinking everybody was gonna get searched or something

like the floor at Merge summer 2002

that was a good party and Rydell was off the hook

next thing you know, wall to wall cops pushing everyone out into the streets

yikes

It's pretty sad, but it just shows that with all the morality issues going on now, everyone and every industry has to watch itself and clean up. From Martha Stewart, to Howard Stern, to Janet Jackson, TV, Radio, whatever,; the governmental authorities, led by Bush, are doing everything in their power to limit what they believe is immorality and indecency. I don't see how any club in NYC can operate with ease, and SF will never open it's doors again. Even if it did, let's face it, who's gonna go to SF and NOT do drugs? That club was not made for beer drinkers.

As for JP and Black, you have to bring him up in this conversation. Afterall, it was his parties that kept the club open until Sunday night. The place was rampid with drugs in his glory days, and the biggest crackheads were there for JP, not just for SF. So, where JP goes next,which is Black, so will the crackheads. Before I take a ripping, I will acknowledge that I too was there doing my fair share of shit, so I am not excluded. It is weird or ironic that SF falls 1 week before the opening of Black, and while JP is in Miami for WMC. Can you say, "Conspiracy Theory?"

I guess my point is that it will be difficult for any club in these political times to operate for real clubbers with afterhours. They will have to commercialize, sell bottles (liquor, not K), close by 4am and cater to the trendy or yuppi crowd. No more hardcore clubbing in NYC anymore. And that will affect anyone that goes out, not just SF.

Originally posted by ibiza193

one thing..

all these clubs are closing because of what we do in them..

can't we all learn alittle self control..

the club scene of today reminds me of the rave scene of yesterday. blatent open drug use. blatent abuse of the drugs. honestly...did you expect it not to catch up eventually. this senerio has played itself out time and time again. Tunnel, Twilo, and now SF. If people would learn to control themselves in a manner that did not make thier drug use so obvious maybe this wouldnt happen. Ravers have learned...maybe the club heads should too.

I'm actually surprised it took this long to close SF down. Of all the clubs I've been to, I don't think any of them had as blatant and open amount of drug use as SF. It's always sad when a place that people love so much closes down. RIP

Originally posted by Crackorn

I'm actually surprised it took this long to close SF down. Of all the clubs I've been to, I don't think any of them had as blatant and open amount of drug use as SF. It's always sad when a place that people love so much closes down. RIP

if people love this place so much, why did they let this happen in there club?

to me it doesn't matter who owns the club, it's the people who attend the events that makes a club or not

Originally posted by ritalin1200

the clubs with high incedent reports and reported deaths will be targeted.... not clubs like avalon and crobar and arc that keep the riff raff out .....

so true - and call me crazy but dont u think the cops did it to maybe send a message to black? i mean they gotta know its opening and know that jp and the sf crowd go hand in hand so maybe the cops killed 2 birds with one stone (a) fuck up factory since they've been meaning to do so for so long already and (B) if they were gonna bust the place why not do it now like 2 weeks away from blacks opening. just a thought.

Guest starscream
Originally posted by mojamis

Why do some of you feel the need to immediately lump JP and black-which isnt even open yet- in with what happened to Sf and RG. Black is not exit nor is it being run by the people that ran exit so I think it is unfair to make statements like that already. Just my opinion

u ask why?maybe because from may 2001 till a month ago undercovers made 90 seperate purchses for drugs at sound factory.and those same messy people that caused this mess in the first place are gonna be all at exit to hear jp.trust :rolleyes:

Originally posted by babbo

cops arent targeting clubs- theyre targeting DRUGS- dont you get it YET???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LMFAO

DONT WE GET IT?? UMM EXCUSE ME..COPS ARENT TARGETING CLUBS? COURSE THEY ARE WHERE ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT TO FIND RAMPANT DRUG USE/ SALE ON A SCALE LARGE ENOUGH FOR COPS TO BE INTERESTED IN? THAST LIKE SAYING....COPS ARE TARGETING UNDERAGE DRINKING NOT BARSSSSSSS...THEYRE GOIN DOOR TO DOOR LOOKIN FOR 18 YR OLD DRINKING. LOL OF COURSE THEYRE TARGETING CLUBS, MORE SPECIFICALLY AFTERHOURS CLUBS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS...CHRIST WHERE DO THESE MORONS COME FROM??

Originally posted by klubbernyc

i just seen it on channel 7 and fox five

holy shit, there were mad pills lying on the floors

its huge in the news, SF is really officaly done

Those pills are stock footage from old busts... the police don't claim to have siezed any drugs from any of the arrested parties..

One thing that will definately hurt thier defense is the "onsite ICU" ir "crack ally" that the cops are claiming SF ran to avoid calling EMS. It demonstrates willful intent to cover up illegal activity...

I was there that night. Got there by 11:30 ... it was dead like 10 people ... mostly japanese, by 3 o'clock it was kinda packed ... about 400 people I saw a lot of drugs going on. I saw a girl totaly trashed being f*cked by 2 guys in the mens room on the 1st level .. she was all convulsing and shit. Then I saw 3 girls snort some meth. Well nothing strange was going on. The music was pretty good. I left about 5 does anyone know what time did the cops come?

After what you wrote, you say NOTHING strange is going on? :confused:

Why didnt you help the girl, if she was that messed up?

Fuck it why bother :mad:

Originally posted by zuikes

I was there that night. Got there by 11:30 ... it was dead like 10 people ... mostly japanese, by 3 o'clock it was kinda packed ... about 400 people I saw a lot of drugs going on. I saw a girl totaly trashed being f*cked by 2 guys in the mens room on the 1st level .. she was all convulsing and shit. Then I saw 3 girls snort some meth. Well nothing strange was going on. The music was pretty good. I left about 5 does anyone know what time did the cops come?

It's sad to see anohter club closed for no good reason. Admitly there was drug use at SF, but's that's got nothing to do with thy they closed the place down. These anti club laws they've come up with are just another way they're persecuting clubgoers and trying to drive the nyc club scence into onlivion. Holding club owners responsible for every drug sale in the place is ridiculous. No matter how much of an effort the SF oweners migth have nmade they're never going to stop everything. The real reson they shut the club down and all the rest is the govt want to stop every form of free expression they can't control and turn the city and country into afreaking police state. It's freaking ridiculous any way you paint it.

Yo dude, I would have looked at you, what would you do, when there are 2 guys doing one girl, and the guys were really big too. I see you coming out of the stall in a superman outfit, and telling them: you let that girl go, and then beat the shit out of them and then runaway with that girl. It's impossible.. it's their own business and I keep my nose out of other's peoples business in order not to get my ass kicked or end up in PD, I'll just take a leak, wash my hands and then go back up and have a lot of fun. This stuff happens to people all the time. If the girls are that stupid that they take so goddamn much that they can't handle it - it's their problem. And probably that crappy experience would teach them a lil bit. Anyways, undercover cops suck, that's what we all should be afraid of. They look young and normal, but now they're making it that way that you can't trust anyone which really fucking sucks.