Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any relaxed dress codes at afterhours or good clubs?

theboy

Good luck in Vegas. Enjoy yourself and be sure to tell that story to the people who work at the doors. Let them know dress code is crap, and you work out so girls want to see you in your sneakers instead of that fat guy wearing clothes that follow the door policy... I'm sure they will happily let you right in.

Also, club 5150 on Decatur just opened up advertising no dress code. Go check it out and feel the vibe of a free-for-all dress code in Vegas. Have fun and... oh almost forgot, Club SRO is another casual dress club... a must visit for someone like you... I don't even think you need to wear anything on your feet.

Dude come on. Dont be so negative about me. I am a nice guy. The situation I proposed is very valid. Girls dont want fat ugly guys no matter what they are wearing. On the other hand I think girls want good looking fit guys no matter what they are wearing. I aint making this up. If I need to get dressed up at one of these joints I will. What can I do? All I asked was a question and you came down on me because I dont have the same beliefs as you. You seem to think that dressed up is classy and acceptable where as dressing down means you are scum and trash. Sorry I dont buy that. I will check these new places out. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I'm sure we are both nice guys. I'm just curious. Why do you think clubs have dress codes then? Are they just coming down on people? Should upscale clubs just enforce dress code for people who don't work out? Because in the make believe world that would be interesting, but in the real world where I live, my advice might have saved you a trip back to your hotel room to change.

In my really crazy world you every instance is diffrent. Hell the problem is I dont own my own club so thats just life. What I ask from you is that at least try to keep me updated on these new spots that you are talking about. I will be on this board on and off again to get some new info. Also if any of you know of places like the Soundfactory that are kind of shady with a good crowd maybe you can help me out. Hell maybe you can help me get into some of these "cool" spots.

For locals we just dress what the code says i don't even try anymore, i got jordan dress shoes that are white and they still call them sneaks. We have all just learned to deal with it. Some clubs are stricter than others. The real reason door guys trip on dress code is so that they can make money.

Also, club 5150 on Decatur just opened up advertising no dress code. Go check it out and feel the vibe of a free-for-all dress code in Vegas. Have fun and... oh almost forgot, Club SRO is another casual dress club... a must visit for someone like you... I don't even think you need to wear anything on your feet.

Okay.. know I am taking a little offence.

One question Web have you gone to 5150 yet?? I was there this weekend and it was EXACTLY how afterhours should be.. Relaxed and friendly.

I don't think it is very fair of you to knock on a club that you have never been to. Like you say about OPM, don't knock it until you try it. I know your scene is not the house scene, and yes Boy that is what they play there, but you shouldn't down play the importance of the scene.

Oh and by the way Web, I went to a no dress code club and had a BLAST!!!

Okay.. know I am taking a little offence.

One question Web have you gone to 5150 yet?? I was there this weekend and it was EXACTLY how afterhours should be.. Relaxed and friendly.

I don't think it is very fair of you to knock on a club that you have never been to. Like you say about OPM, don't knock it until you try it. I know your scene is not the house scene, and yes Boy that is what they play there, but you shouldn't down play the importance of the scene.

Oh and by the way Web, I went to a no dress code club and had a BLAST!!!

Uhhh, are we talking about the same place? 5150 equals house music? That is the new all hip-hop spot on Fridays/Saturdays that stresses no dress code and in their radio ad it says something like "if y'all trip we got crew that know how to bounce yo ass out head first!" I have friends who work at the station who said it was the most ghetto party they have ever seen. So my comments were definitely not related to house music.

Further I find it amazing that a Vegas regular could be offended by my honest advice to someone who is clearly obnoxious with a bad attitude, coming to this town like his shit don't stink. My advice is that there are rules - follow them - his position is that rules are crap and they should only apply to fat people. Go figure :topicsuck

I dont think I received your PM. I'm not sure how the $100 gets split up to be honest. I think most goes to the hosts.

As far as the charge itself, it's a supply and demand thing now that the tables are selling out each week. They do that at a few other spots too from what I hear - I know they tried to pull that on me at Studio a few Tuesdays ago and I said "nah that aint gonna happen, I'll spend my money at Pure" and they let it slide because Studio isn't selling out so there's no reason to put a premium on unsold real estate - especially to industry ya know. Does Ra charge for real estate? I know I never had to pay it on Thursdays back in the day.

]QUOTE=djmasterweb]Uhhh, are we talking about the same place? 5150 equals house music? That is the new all hip-hop spot on Fridays/Saturdays that stresses no dress code and in their radio ad it says something like "if y'all trip we got crew that know how to bounce yo ass out head first!" I have friends who work at the station who said it was the most ghetto party they have ever seen. So my comments were definitely not related to house music.

Further I find it amazing that a Vegas regular could be offended by my honest advice to someone who is clearly obnoxious with a bad attitude, coming to this town like his shit don't stink. My advice is that there are rules - follow them - his position is that rules are crap and they should only apply to fat people.

Well hey I don't ever try to disrespect anyone and I'm sorry if anything I said came off as offensive.

I have just had a peeve for the longest time and that is when an out of town guest with a bad attitude refuses to respect rules of the establishments he visits because he thinks he is above them. That kinda shit just pisses me off.

But hey it's all good and life goes on :pint:

Oh and about jumping ship, OPM is definitely not ghetto (anymore?) unless you consider a very well dressed peaceful diverse crowd ghetto due to the color of their skin (don't worry I'm not starting an "outofthebox" argument here lol).

My references to ghetto at 5150 are based on a hip-hop club that encourages you to dress like a thug and advertises that their bouncers will beat the shit out of you when you trip lol - sorry but that _is_ ghetto lol.

Most of you guys and girls are way off base with what I have said. I dont agree with some of the clubs policies but I do have to respect them. What else can I do? I cant make up new rules. All I did was ask a question and state my opinion. Most of you have come off as rude because you seem to think that just because you dont get dolled up this makes you a scumbucket. Most of you must not really know what the summer styles are like here in NYC. Thats ok. Again I am not talking about looking like a thug. I understand that the thug look is looked down upon in certain clubs. I am talking about looking like a doofy guido with a nice Brand name t shirt (lol) and a nice clean stylish pair of sneakers that I can dance in. I am not talking about wearing basketball sneakers. Or sneakers that I go to the gym in. Does anybody get me? Hey twisted can you please give me the name of the places that are good for aferhours and are a bit lax on the dresscode. If they play hiphop I dont want to go. Thats just my taste. By the way I also respect hiphop just not for me.

Most of you guys and girls are way off base with what I have said. I dont agree with some of the clubs policies but I do have to respect them. What else can I do? I cant make up new rules. All I did was ask a question and state my opinion. Most of you have come off as rude because you seem to think that just because you dont get dolled up this makes you a scumbucket. Most of you must not really know what the summer styles are like here in NYC. Thats ok. Again I am not talking about looking like a thug. I understand that the thug look is looked down upon in certain clubs. I am talking about looking like a doofy guido with a nice Brand name t shirt (lol) and a nice clean stylish pair of sneakers that I can dance in. I am not talking about wearing basketball sneakers. Or sneakers that I go to the gym in. Does anybody get me? Hey twisted can you please give me the name of the places that are good for aferhours and are a bit lax on the dresscode. If they play hiphop I dont want to go. Thats just my taste. By the way I also respect hiphop just not for me.

LMAO.. why do i have a feeling you're talking about a friggin A/X tshirt with those damned diesel sneakers. UGH. lol.

Its funny you laugh. I am not really talking about that look which is def the guido guido look. I am also not talking about that goofy shiny button up shirt look. I am talking about a nice pair of dark pumas and some nice fashionable t shirt. Does not have to be a big gaudy AX shirt.

Does anybody get me? Hey twisted can you please give me the name of the places that are good for aferhours and are a bit lax on the dresscode. If they play hiphop I dont want to go. Thats just my taste. By the way I also respect hiphop just not for me.

I do understand where you are coming from. I also wish the rules were a little more relaxed but they aren't and I also respect them and go out EVERY weekend.

But to answer your question.. Afterhours that are decent that play house with a relaxed dress code are far and few in between. Right now there is 5150 that was mentioned earlier that is really good. It closes at 2 in the afternoon. It opens around 7 or so. There is also Rubber that is a little relaxed also there hours are 3 to 7. In May Rehab starts at the Hard Rock Pool. By a pool how relaxed can you get!!

When are you coming out??