Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any relaxed dress codes at afterhours or good clubs?

theboy

We are going on in July and are staying at the Hard Rock. Rehad is a must. Also it sound as if the Rubber Club is good. Alls I really need is one afterhours that will be good. Banking on Rubber. Wear some fancy gear to the clubs and then go back to my room and get changed for afterhours. Hope it works.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going on in July and are staying at the Hard Rock. Rehad is a must. Also it sound as if the Rubber Club is good. Alls I really need is one afterhours that will be good. Banking on Rubber. Wear some fancy gear to the clubs and then go back to my room and get changed for afterhours. Hope it works.

That would work!! Rubber closes at 7 or so and I perfer to party till at least noon the next day. I hope you have a great time and find everything you want in a club!! PM when it gets closer and we will hang out! I love after hours!! That is what I go clubbing for because I know a good after hours is waiting for me!!

This is Vegas- just dress up. Period. Avoid the hassle at the door. Avoid the debates- they won't make a doorman change his mind- just get on his nerves more. Different clubs are what they are. Stop trying to change them into what you want them to be. Simply go somewhere else. There is something for evryone here. The people who run these places and are turning a dollar might just know what they are doing-they are successfully runnning a lucrative and poppular bussiness. Just do your homework and you will know where to go........ :idea:

I think the boy was looking for an after hours where he can dance and relax a little. Who the hell wants to wear a button down with shoes to after hours. I understand the whole dress code thing, but at 3am an so on, gimme a break. I'm from Boston and travel to NY frequently and you can even compare the music or clubs in vegas to NY. Vegas needs to get with times. They have the venues but just need a little change. I guess its just different than the east coast. I still enjoy my time in vegas. By the way what are my options for afterhours besides Drais?

Oh gosh here we go again. It takes a real brain surgeon to equate a city that requires class and effort with a city that needs to catch up with the times. Boston and NY (where I'm from by the way) can only pray their nightlife comes close to the scene that happens in Vegas each and every week.

Speaking of Boston/Saugus, there is a reason the location of the "Tantra" stopped doing business a few years back. And a reason the scene in Saugus is so up and down. Because running a scene while allowing people to dress like thugs never works in the long run. And it's not just dressing like thugs. The whole concept of enforcing/ignoring dress code has many consequences which go right over the head of people who think going out to a club and going bowling require the same attention to clothing detail.

Also, fyi, "theboy" was not just referring to after hours. He was bragging about how he planned to go to Ice wearing whatever he wanted and sneakers because they would let him in just because he is so good looking and not fat LOL.

The other thing to consider is that in Vegas, most people who go to an after hours spot, are coming from a regular hour club. So they would literally have to go out of their way to remove their outfit so that they could "be with the times" and change into something they would wear to McDonalds before they hit the after spot.

Regardless, VIPhotlist.com says it perfectly...

Follow the dress code

If the dress code says no sneakers, don't wear sneakers. And yes, this includes $300 Burberry sneakers and the latest Air Jordans. The hosts at the door won't be impressed by how new, or how retro, or how hip your sneakers are – they'll just tell you they can't let you into the club dressed the way you are.

Likewise, be sure to look good. We've seen people take expensive pieces of clothing and wear them in a way that makes it look like they've just rolled out of bed. If your shirt is wrinkled, either iron it or wear a jacket over it.

The bottom line is that if you're planning to go to any of the hottest clubs in town, dress like you belong.

I have no problem wearing nice jeans with black diesels or shoes with a button up to a club, but for afterhours I just like to be a little more relaxed not "thugged" I'm talking nice clean pumas or diesels with jeans and a T-shirt. By the way Vegas does not compare to NY. NY has a much better variety of clubs and yes way better DJ's. No disrespect to you

I'm here to battle out what city is better. I love Vegas, I just wish it was a little more like Boston/NY. Anyways I'll be up for Memorial Day weekend. Any suggestions for Fri, Sat, Sun night. I like good house music, preferably vocal tribal house. I heard Ice was good and rehab sundays. Dress code does not matter just looking for a good venue that plays good beats.

I'm here to battle out what city is better. I love Vegas, I just wish it was a little more like Boston/NY.

Isn't that what people like about Vegas....The fact that it's different and unique compared to other big cities in the world. Why would you want your vacation spot to be like home?? I just don't get that.

... posted by someone who's never been to Ice, doesn't know any after hours others than Drais, and feels a city sucks because it expects gentlemen to wear more than t-shirts and sneakers. I'll take his insults as a compliment that this town doesn't cater to his tastes. And obviously anybody that feels DJs should only break new music to a tourist crowd has absolutely no idea why Vegas is a mecca that services people from all parts of the world.

You obviously don't read very good. I don't mind dressing up. Afterhours I like to relax. As far as the music goes I could go on forever. The vegas resident Dj's sucked when I was there a year ago. Keep playin your gay happy house music from 1999. :bigfinge:

Come on Masterful one. Why do you talk about me in such a negative way. First of all I understand dress codes. Second and for the 100 time wearing sneakers doenst make you a thug, does it? Besides the fact you sound racist when you say that? What thugs are you implying???? Third Dirty is right on about the afterhours deal, dressing up for a reg club is ok, but I was really referring to afterhours. I think my ticket is Rubber. They seem to be a little less tough then some of the other spots in regards to afterhours and dressscodes. Finally did you say something about class, I honestly could care less about it, but you are saying that Vegas is classy? Did you forget that Nevada is the only state that allows Whores? Is that classy? Just wondering, by the way when I go out there we will have a drink.

1. Tell the thug story to the door people who enforce the rules that you're trying to break. I'm sure they will engage in a nice friendly conversation as you lay it out for them and then they will gladly usher you right in.

2. I never said the whole city of Las Vegas was classy. I said Vegas nightclubs try to uphold standards to attract a well dressed classy crowd because the general belief is that people should not dress the same to Pure as they would to McDonalds. I know this is a tough concept to grasp for some who think sneakers and t-shirts are clubwear.

3. To dirtymike, just curious, where did you go that played "gay 1999 house music" last year? Because Vegas resident djs didn't even play house music last year with the exception of a few spots.

You shouldn't take things so personal. I never said vegas sucked, or else I wouldn't be coming back in May. Just a few changes in the nightlife could make it a little better. There are dressy sneakers that you can wear and still look appropriate. If it works i NY and Boston I don't see how it can't in Vegas. Not saying all clubs, just more options of dress code and music. "Vegas is a mecca that services people from all parts of the world.""Vegas resident djs didn't even play house music last year with the exception of a few spots."

1. Tell the thug story to the door people who enforce the rules that you're trying to break. I'm sure they will engage in a nice friendly conversation as you lay it out for them and then they will gladly usher you right in.

2. I never said the whole city of Las Vegas was classy. I said Vegas nightclubs try to uphold standards to attract a well dressed classy crowd because the general belief is that people should not dress the same to Pure as they would to McDonalds. I know this is a tough concept to grasp for some who think sneakers and t-shirts are clubwear.

3. To dirtymike, just curious, where did you go that played "gay 1999 house music" last year? Because Vegas resident djs didn't even play house music last year with the exception of a few spots.

Dude come on man. Be nice its all good you dont have to get all huffy about things just chill. About me breaking rules, come on what am I trying to do? Kill somebody? You act like clubs are sacred ground. Its a club not a frigging church. About #2 I actually think for the most part you are right. For the record I dont wear the same things to clubs as I do to McDonalds but then again I dont eat at that shit hole anyway. By the way most of the great great clubs I have gone to over my lifetime really made no mention of dresscodes at least not for me so maybe I am jaded a bit. Sorry sir.

I'm not going to engage in battle with what city is better, but in vegas this is a tourist town. Though new york is one as well not like vegas. Vegas has to cater to people from all around the world every night. That's a daunting task for a Dj. I have friends, who were from brazil and i tried to put them on to "underground or Non radio friendly music" but they wanted to hear what they knew and that is what's on the radio. And that goes for cities around the world, who don't have a big music scene. The bigger the club the more pop it will be. Rain and Ra are not even comparable in,music except on friday where we play pop music. Ra has the most diverse music nights in the city. Weds All house, Thursday All Hip-hop, Friday Mash-ups, pop and top 40, Sat Hip-hop and house. Nobody open four nights a week even comes close to that. The clubs here survive on tourist, locals arent' loyal they want to go where the place is new and they get in for free. Most clubs have been able to keep the local crowd only for one night a week and that's because of local specials. It's not fair to compare a city like new who breeds dj, musicians ect... To a place where people come to party.

I think I made my points enough times so further argument is a waste of time. If you guys want to wear t-shirts and sneakers, go right ahead. If you think tourist towns should play music that people don't yet know, then keep on complaining about it. This is why you are on this board asking questions, and not part of the Vegas industry that understands the reasons that things are done the way they are done. And heck, you can even invest a couple million and start your own club and do things the way you want them to be done. Have fun.