Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can’t we all get along?

I am very disappointed with Crobar NYC. There has been rumors that the club has not been letting any asians in. I have decided to test the theory myself and these past two weeks I have been demoralized by the fact that the rumors are true. I was turned away twice on Saturday nights, once on Calderone and the other on Boris. Since I do not know the name of the individual who rejected us, I will call him the Crobar Line God for now since he looks so happy doing his job of choosing who gets into the club.

The first night he turned us away on Calderone night. Reason given was because my party was all guys. All guys - the crowd that usually listens to Calderone are all guys, if you know what I mean! The following week I tried to enter Crobar again, this time dressed very GQ just to avoid any reasons for turning us away and as soon as we got to the velvet ropes, the Line God said 'You're not welcome here. You have to leave now.' I kid you not, those were his exact words. How rude and unprofessional was this guy? After further discussion with people along the block and witnessing other asians getting access denied, I came to the conclusion Crobar was definitely prohibiting asians into the club.

Perhaps two weeks is not long enough to spot a trend, but I want to make sure the word is out. What have asians done so wrongly that we are not allowed inside? I pay my taxes and I work hard like all US citizens. Why is the color of my skin and my money not welcome in their club? Race is undoubtedly a very sensitive issue for us all. For a so-called upscale club like Crobar to promote racial profiling, they should rename the club to Hobar, which apparently many upset patrons has already begun calling the club.

My mission is to get the word on the street and bring awareness that charging 8 bucks for a Heineken is insane but racial profiling is criminal.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very disappointed with Crobar NYC. There has been rumors that the club has not been letting any asians in. I have decided to test the theory myself and these past two weeks I have been demoralized by the fact that the rumors are true. I was turned away twice on Saturday nights, once on Calderone and the other on Boris. Since I do not know the name of the individual who rejected us, I will call him the Crobar Line God for now since he looks so happy doing his job of choosing who gets into the club.

The first night he turned us away on Calderone night. Reason given was because my party was all guys. All guys - the crowd that usually listens to Calderone are all guys, if you know what I mean! The following week I tried to enter Crobar again, this time dressed very GQ just to avoid any reasons for turning us away and as soon as we got to the velvet ropes, the Line God said 'You're not welcome here. You have to leave now.' I kid you not, those were his exact words. How rude and unprofessional was this guy? After further discussion with people along the block and witnessing other asians getting access denied, I came to the conclusion Crobar was definitely prohibiting asians into the club.

Perhaps two weeks is not long enough to spot a trend, but I want to make sure the word is out. What have asians done so wrongly that we are not allowed inside? I pay my taxes and I work hard like all US citizens. Why is the color of my skin and my money not welcome in their club? Race is undoubtedly a very sensitive issue for us all. For a so-called upscale club like Crobar to promote racial profiling, they should rename the club to Hobar, which apparently many upset patrons has already begun calling the club.

My mission is to get the word on the street and bring awareness that charging 8 bucks for a Heineken is insane but racial profiling is criminal.

I hear ya, and im sorry, but what is goin on is most of Asians are ruining it for you good ones. Everyone who goes clubbin knows there is gonna be at least 25-50 asians in the club, fucked up on god knows what, bumping into people, starting fights, and passing out on the dancefloor. Not to mention they are the rudest people I have ever seen, theyll just try to run right threw you without even tryin to say excuse me, or anything. I know this happens to all other races too, but in the asian race happens all the time. Im not tryin to be a dick, and im know there are good ones out there man, but in all honestly, 75% of the Asian population at clubs are out of line, all fucked up, and they have no idea what there doing. Can you honeslty blame Crobar for trying to nip a hugh problem in the butt. I am glad someone is actully doing something about it.

I hear ya, and im sorry, but what is goin on is most of Asians are ruining it for you good ones. Everyone who goes clubbin knows there is gonna be at least 25-50 asians in the club, fucked up on god knows what, bumping into people, starting fights, and passing out on the dancefloor. Not to mention they are the rudest people I have ever seen, theyll just try to run right threw you without even tryin to say excuse me, or anything. I know this happens to all other races too, but in the asian race happens all the time. Im not tryin to be a dick, and im know there are good ones out there man, but in all honestly, 75% of the Asian population at clubs are out of line, all fucked up, and they have no idea what there doing. Can you honeslty blame Crobar for trying to nip a hugh problem in the butt. I am glad someone is actully doing something about it.

I have to agree with rayray, im very glad crobar is doing this. No offense to asians but they can make for some very bad vibes when they are all fucked up. The stricter the door the better the party inside ^^.

Strict door policies have been around since the Studio 54 days and probably before then. There are lots of tricks you can do if you're not that good-looking or you aren't surrounded by beautiful women in order to gain entry to the club. Although I never had a real problem of getting into the clubs myself, I knew how to act in front of the door people. Compliment them on their outfit.

I did this once and gained easy access into the Kit Kat Club now defunct. Right away I knew the two door people thought they were the shit. They were totally ignoring the crowd and trying our nerves. I decided to move up to the front and after a minute or two, smiled at the female door lady and complimented her outfit. She smiled back and asked who I was with. I pointed in the direction of my friend and, voila, instant entry.

Again, there are lots of ways you can get into a club and I'm sure everyone here has their horror or success story. Please share by the way. However, if Crobar is actually singling out a certain race of people, that's just wrong. But hey, guys are always discriminated against almost everywhere. We have to pay full price, we have to be with one or more girls, etc, etc.

If all else fails, stay home and spank it or open up your own club or start your own party.

The asians which everyone seems to dislike are the fujianese.

If you really want to go to crobar u can only get in on Friday, Saturday if you go before 1130pm, u better find a guestlist too, and bring a lady.

You will always be denied on saturday after midnight sometimes even if you brought a advance ticket.

Pacha has been doing the same thing for about 4 weeks now, but they aren't as rude as crobar, the guy will ask u if u are on the guestlist and when he sees u can speak english u are in.

Basically if u can speak english and dress proper u should be able to get in, i agree Crobar is wrong but, they have the right.

All the asians that speak english mainly go to hip hop parties now.

All the fujianese know not to go to crobar unless its friday and before midnight. For all the people who don't like to go see asians don't go to Avalon Saturday, Spirit Friday, Asseteria Sunday.

If you want to go to afterhours don't go to victor, go to gypsy or on sat morning oddysey that guy at the door is asian or the newparty mess

If u are asian look at c,l,u,b,z,e,n, they can help u get in on Crobar friday

If u dislike the whole big club drama go to shelter and parties like that

I went to Avalon a couple months back on a Saturday and 75% of the people were Asian, it was one of the worst clubbing nights I've had, not a single hot asian chick, weird 35-55 looking asian people, everywhere where it was dark you saw dozens of completely cracked out asians violently shaking their heads and shit, discusting vibe, thank god for crobar- there should be like a 10-20 asian limit, of course the bad ones, fiujianese or whatever they're called ruin it for the others, it is fucked up that asians are singled out at the doors however there is a good reason behind it, how does it look where you go to a club, bangin chicks, overall good looking people and a 45 year old looking skinny asian twitching in middle of dancefloor - kills the vibe

Seems like other clubs are catching on to the great new trend.

i dont know Vlad

id call it more something like "Pack mentality"

its the same when all these "club" the city started calling themselves "upscale"

all they did was change the lighting to red

add a rope outside

and make everyone wear SHOES and slacks (sp)

i was at crobar when boris was spinning last week and got dejected. totally messed up that they don't even tell u anything and give u attitude when they pop you off the line - fucking rude as hell.

i consider myself american as apple pie and egg rolls and should not be treated or mistaken as a fob or second class new yorker. understandable u got some bad apples in the mix but to generalize to all asians is total bullshit.

being in crobar a few times i have seen these particular asians giving us a bad name. i have just one word - scary. everyone is right no matter how good the music is, seeing these guys wigged out just kills the scene. i am asian and to see these guys like this is pathetic.

there has got to be a better means test than, " you asian - you out". i don't speak with an accent and probably know more about the dj's spinning than these dumb bouncers working the line. when i go out i wear some nice threads, definitely not mistakable as fobish. wtf. sorry just angry and venting that racial profiling exists in new york.

come on crobar do better.

stay mellow. :beer:

wonder where crobarlex is on this thread?

As for asians ruining the party for some i can understand what your complaints are but most of the asians that have that negative vibe about them go to parties that are tribal,dark,hard beats after hrs type of music and crowd. Cause thats where the drugs are at and some of them use,buy,sell them to all the other drug users who are white.

But if some of ya were to go to other parties and see the asians that dance amazing, who are nice and cool and friendly ya would hopefully defend them when given a bad name. Its like callin all jersey peeps gudios and guidettes most of them ruin it for the non guidos guidettes for example.

Sadly i think its fucked up what crobar is doin and if its gonna enforce a sort of discrimanation policy they should have some evidence or pics of the asians who ruin the parties and not just all asians. Then again ive seen crobar deny entry to alot of people online of other races and have been told that some are known dealers. I was almost forced out 2 times for suspicion of drug dealing of all people, those who dont know me well i dont drink nor need drugs to dance for 8hrs plus.

Thank you all for the positive and negative responses. It's good to know there are sensible New Yorkers out there. As you know, Tiesto will be spinning this Friday at Crobar. I have prepaid tickets and was wondering, can Crobar turn down patrons with tickets? I've read the fine print on wantickets.com and in order to guarantee admission, ticket holders must arrive before 1AM. Tiesto parties always attact a large crowd and there will be long lines outside of Crobar. HOw fcuk up would it be if they purposely move the line slowly and start selecting people after 1AM?

im sure calderone doesnt care if you buy a bottle or how many girls are with you

not really - last time at calderone, two asian guys infront of me got kicked out of the line just because they werent w/ any girls...(or atleast that was their excuse...)

i dont know Vlad

id call it more something like "Pack mentality"

its the same when all these "club" the city started calling themselves "upscale"

all they did was change the lighting to red

add a rope outside

and make everyone wear SHOES and slacks (sp)

uve really got it wrong...i haven't worn slacks and shoes to a club in god knows how long... i usually wear sneakers and a t shirt and ive never had any issues going to the places u call "upscale"