Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ AM at $50,000 + for 3 hour sets...???!!

""Never mind those high-priced supermodels who demand $10,000 a day. Lowdown hears that Adam (DJ AM) Goldstein is making $160,000 for three nights' work at Southampton's Tavern nightclub this summer. The former fiancé of Nicole Richie does gigs that constitute one two- to three-hour set per booking. He still has one date left - on Aug. 12. Asked about AM's fee, his spokeswoman demurred, "We never talk about it." But Tavern's spokeswoman Stacey Wechsler told Lowdown: "He's worth every penny, but that number is a little overinflated. He is exclusive to Tavern for the summer. He definitely got paid well." Wechsler, who used to rep Goldstein, gushed: "He's not only an amazing deejay, he's an amazing guy. He's a sweetheart." For that kind of money, let's hope so.""

suddenly oakey's smelling like a rose, eh...?? :)

i personally dont like dj am. yea is mixes are cool but i know local djs in nj that do a better job then he does. im sure he is a great guy but for 50 grand a set, thats a lil greedy, NO? lol if i was ever a sick dj and got to spin all around the US, i dont think i would ever charge that much. i would do it for the love of music and the fun. of course gotta charge some amount to make a living but for 50 grand, fuck that shit.

Z

i personally dont like dj am. yea is mixes are cool but i know local djs in nj that do a better job then he does. im sure he is a great guy but for 50 grand a set, thats a lil greedy, NO? lol if i was ever a sick dj and got to spin all around the US, i dont think i would ever charge that much. i would do it for the love of music and the fun. of course gotta charge some amount to make a living but for 50 grand, fuck that shit.Z

My ass you would not take the money.. Shit ur only hot for a little while and you take what you can get.. Someone wants to pay me 50K to spin some records i would take it in a heartbeat

he def not getting that much there

but also I dont see the big deal , okenfold, dt tiesto, these guys are getting 40 k a show even much more on holidays and shit ...

he has that draw to pack rooms with the high end and models and bottles crap, to each his own, he def pays his way

guy has a million dollar contract with Pure I belive, thats sick

good for him .,...

and I have seen him once or twice, the boy has skills , noone can deny that, to toss together the mixes he does, you have to have a great ear for the music, rap, rock, 80's isnt your standard run of the mill mixes

but in the same sense, KLUTCH can do the same thing, and is payed a HUGE fraction of what he can do, so def has to do with Nicole Richie

our culture glorifies & celebrates celebrities. nicole richie is incredibly famous and when am was going out with her it made him possibly the most famous dj anywhere just cos shes so famous. the average person has no idea who tiesto is but they know am cos of nicole

he has that draw to pack rooms with the high end and models and bottles crap, to each his own, he def pays his way

and I have seen him once or twice, the boy has skills , noone can deny that, to toss together the mixes he does, you have to have a great ear for the music, rap, rock, 80's isnt your standard run of the mill mixes

Heard him at Deko once & have to agree. You can't deny... he does have skills & def attracts that "high end" crowd.

I really think these prices/salaries are over-inflated.

How much does a club make in a night? I mean, 100k, and 40 of it goes to the talent, and what about security, bartenders, attendants, not to mention utilities and maybe the owner would like to make more than his employees...

And not every venue is like Crobar...

i haven't seen AM yet although he supposedly played at a new club FM this weekend in the hamptons (NOT tavern - not sure why that article said tavern was "exclusive")

friends i know who have seen him have said he really has a kick ass set list, although he plays the same set to a lot of his venues.....still is supposed to b really good.

just have heard really good things about him. i didn't realize how much money he was making! insane.

I highly doubt AM is gettin 50k for a gig cuz if that was the case, the Deko/Abyss people would already be bookin DJs like Tiesto, Carl Cox, Corsten and Sasha & Digweed with no problem.

I can't see the Deko/Abyss crew shellin out 50k for him also when his last apperance at Deko was a bust

Can't apeak about AM but I do know for an absolute fact some DJs get WAY over $100k for a night.

Some venues also book top DJs pretty well aware tthat they are going to take a loss for the signle night. They look at it as inventing in the name/brand of thier club and it does have it's practical value.

our culture glorifies & celebrates celebrities. nicole richie is incredibly famous and when am was going out with her it made him possibly the most famous dj anywhere just cos shes so famous. the average person has no idea who tiesto is but they know am cos of nicole

agreed...ask your average person in America about DJs and they've heard of Skribble (b/c he was on MTV) and AM b/c he was all over the tabloids when he was with Nicole. I have no idea how the guy is, but it stinks that none of the great international DJs get mainstream recognition here. What does he spin anyway?

AM was spinning clubs in LA way before he and Nicole were going out. I don't see what the problem is, if someone is willing to pay a certian price for something, and everyone is making money who cares! If the party isn't for you or dosen't sound like your thing you shouldn't worry about it then.

(NOT tavern - not sure why that article said tavern was "exclusive")

The name of the party is FM, it is taking place @ Tavern. Obviously you haven't been to Tavern on a Saturday the crowd is night and day different (Much more of a typical Hamptons Money crowd) than it is on Friday night, and for parties like Boris on holiday weekends.

Can't apeak about AM but I do know for an absolute fact some DJs get WAY over $100k for a night.

Some venues also book top DJs pretty well aware tthat they are going to take a loss for the signle night. They look at it as inventing in the name/brand of thier club and it does have it's practical value.

i've never heard of any DJs getting $100K+ other than NYE in LA a couple of years back when Giant and Spundae and 1015 were competing with each other. I know that Tiesto and Sasha get $40K when they play and sell out Avalon here in LA.

there was a published article earlier this year giving DJ AM's fees - they were more like $15K per show....i don't see the #s making sense at $50K - the crowd in the Hamptons will show up and buy 5 bottles regardless if its AM or the house DJ if its a trendy club/lounge.

am only became a "superstar dj" by dating nicole. hwe certainly was NOT before her.

tavern was great in the 90s but its a total guido/hampton bays/queens scene. no trendy southampton/east hamptonite would be seen at tavern anymore - they all go to cain, star room, pink elephant...tavern is for 100% guidos

AM was spinning clubs in LA way before he and Nicole were going out. I don't see what the problem is, if someone is willing to pay a certian price for something, and everyone is making money who cares! If the party isn't for you or dosne't sound like your thing you shouldn't worry about it then.

THe name of the party is FM, it is taking place @ Tavern. Obviously you haven't been to Tavern on a Saturday the crowd is night and day different (Much more of a typical Hamptons Money crowd) than it is on Friday night, and for parties like Boris on holiday weekends.

THe name of the party is FM, it is taking place @ Tavern. Obviously you haven't been to Tavern on a Saturday the crowd is night and day different (Much more of a typical Hamptons Money crowd) than it is on Friday night, and for parties like Boris on holiday weekends.

i haven't been on a sat night, i want to go. i was mislead with FM because the flyer i got for that party said, "grand opening of FM" with no mention of tavern anywhere, although i didnt' scrutinize the address. thanx for clearing that up.

i remember back in nye 2002 oakenfold spun here in nyc at 2 places exit and capitale

and the ny post reported he got like 100 grand for the night i dunno how true it is but he usually spins like 2 hour sets at each venue so he was pretty much robbing the clubs if that was true

I highly doubt AM is gettin 50k for a gig cuz if that was the case, the Deko/Abyss people would already be bookin DJs like Tiesto, Carl Cox, Corsten and Sasha & Digweed with no problem.

I can't see the Deko/Abyss crew shellin out 50k for him also when his last apperance at Deko was a bust

and I dont see Surf Club paying that money either..I think he's scheduled for sometime in August..

..so I dont know what that summer exclusive is all about..

My ass you would not take the money.. Shit ur only hot for a little while and you take what you can get.. Someone wants to pay me 50K to spin some records i would take it in a heartbeat

If i was offerd the money to dj and event of course i would take it and be happy with it. but you know tavern or whoever didnt just offer. im sure dj am's management were playin hardball with the club and demanded a high pay for the night. it was a holiday weekend as well too right?

Z