Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What else do you listen to??

ooops forgot to mention lollapaloza, that 3 times then. did u catch the one at randalls? they were good but again only played an hour. i was kinda beat by the time they came on at both ozz and paloza, but the one upstate was some shit bro. they were like a great dj, building up the music, played everything from opiate to enima, and he was talkin all this shit about god and whatnot. they better get togethere soon, i'm jonesin.

------------------

deez nuts

Originally posted by p00h:

ooops forgot to mention lollapaloza, that 3 times then. did u catch the one at randalls? they were good but again only played an hour. i was kinda beat by the time they came on at both ozz and paloza, but the one upstate was some shit bro. they were like a great dj, building up the music, played everything from opiate to enima, and he was talkin all this shit about god and whatnot. they better get togethere soon, i'm jonesin.

Im from Philly, so I only saw the shows that were around here. I heard they did this show here at this place called the Electric Factory which is relatively small and extrememly loud. If they tour again, they better play there. I want to see them inside this time. Plus you get a really good view of the band in there.

CM, OHHH MY GOSH!! I forgot about Duran Duran!! I loved that band!! I use to go crazy for them back in the days. silly.gif What about that one guy . . . ummm was it Howard Jones? OR the band that that sang "Who can it be now?" What's they're name?

rschnabel, David Bowie and Enigma! Love 'em!

BlueAngel

------------------

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Tool is the shit!! They are amazing live. A Perfect Circle is going to be at Roseland sometime in August.Their album is great. Best rock album I heard in awhile.

------------------

It's here today but it's gone tomorrow,

It's here today and today will never come again.

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Blue Angel,

It was Men At Work. They also sang that song Down Under. I went to a Howard Jones concert, very cool, in the 80's that is!!

Anyone remember Men Without Hats / Safety Dance? How about the cheesy videos like, anything from WHAM! HEHEHEHE! It's so fun to watch that stuff now!

cathyo, yea! That's it . . . Men at Work! I love watching old videos . . . Madonna (when she was like a virgin), Wham, and Pat Benatar!

Okay, this is stirring up too many old memories . . . I'm gonna go home now and look for my Duran Duran tapes in the storage room. Hehehe.

BlueAngel

------------------

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

no they are not artists.

art comes from within. when someone creates art they use a piece of their soul to do it. When I speak of shit it is shit and virtually soulless. Fame and/or money are the motivators. Creativity can be measured. Art can be graded. Ask the artist to explain what their "art" means and what their motivation is. The crap artists won't be able to answer you.

Do we have to take music seriously? Hell no, but art should recognized above background noise. Someone can liek to hear throw away music all they want but they are flawed if they do not accept superior efforts to be superior.

It's okay to be snobbish about art. If you know better, you know better. there is much for me and everyone else to learn, but there is always a first step.

I'll have to say Tool, Green Day (yes, I know eventhough everyone hates em..), Poe, and especially Madonna, love ALL her songs!!!

smile.gif

romy20

------------------

DANCE LIKE NOBODY'S WATCHING.......

clubchick20@hotmail.com

Jane's Addiction, RHCP, STP..was very into the whole "seattle scene": Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden and Alice in Chains...have always loved Madonna...listened to a lot of 50's do-wop, motown (sp)

Hey Rands,

Quite the shit-stirrer lately, eh? love ya smile.gif

deedz

Guest crystalmethodny

Damn Randy,

You need to loosen up a bit. smile.gif

Blueangel - "Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand?"

smile.gif

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Music...dude I could go on and on about this...lemme see..i love old school a cappella and doo wop kind of things, still a big fan of basi R&B kinda stuff, surpringly i really dig vocal-oriented music considering i don't like vocals in most trance or house tracks....and i have a completel weakness for funk and disco with the rest of y'all...no 80's though...what can i say? I'm a child of the 90's with old school infuences....ooh..and i like acid jazz!

Ahhhhh - many artists - - -

(in no particular order)

Depeche Mode, Human League, some Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, Miles Davis, some David Bowie, Moody Blues, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Enigma, Skinny Puppy, The Doors, The Beatles, Mozart, Beethoven, some Supertramp, or ABBA, even a little Ace of Base, some Natlie Merchant, Rammstein, A-HA, Hans Zimmer, 80's collections, Nirvana, various foriegn music, The Tear Garden, Download, Justin Hayward, Sade, Maxwell, some Rob Zombie, Underworld, some Elton John, a little Madonna, Sarah somehtin', some Moby - old skool Weezer, and a whole shit load more.....

too much?

This is always a good question in that it sometimes "weeds" out people. Music is music. Electronic music is jsut made using electronic instead of live sounds, but the approach to making music is always the same. A simple rhythm and uncreative build and mindless lyrics are the same regardless what sound they are made with.

When people say they listen to anything, that basically says that they really aren't listening, they are jsut hearing. if you really paid attention to some of the crap ut there (im not gonan lsit any names jsut for the sake of keeping the post sane) you would come to see how throw away it is. Okay, I will list names. Green Day. How many of you thought they were the shit years ago? In fact, I imagine that many were into green day abut when they got old you switched to something electronic. Throw away music. The same will happen to Korn, limp bizkit, etc. Puff daddy and all of his lil projects?

Pay attention to the music. Is the "artisit" doing releasing the work as a piece of expression or is it something grabby that people will buy? Good music lasts forever.

My nonelectronic likes?

The Elements (e, w, f)- so much soul and emotion.

DM, some pet shop boys as well

Pharcyde? All I have to say is that your momma has a glass eye with a dish in it smile.gif

De la soul, PE (burn hollywood burn), George Clinton, sonic youth, granmaster flash.

I dunno, there are lots, some old stuff that is electronic- anyone rem ELECTRO? Afrika Bambaata? Nucleus?

floyd did some cool shit.

Mike watt is waht slap bass is all about.

time for food.

hey Pooh, its all about the vitos!

Wow some great names,

Miles davis, do you know Miles was remixing his sets using tapes years before mixing desks and decks.

Gota give props to Depeche mode too, some of their tunes would work on the dancefloor toay and most people wouldn't notice it was them.

Oh and Finlay Quay.

Randy,

I dont think that everybody has to take music that seriously. It's surposed to be fun at the end of the day, if Green Day or Puff Daddy turns even one person onto music thats a good thing isn't it? I beleive good music is good music, but the Nsync's etc are the first exposure kids have to music (most people hate there parents choice until they are older and then they realize it has shaped there musical tastes). It's all good.

Nine Inch Nails , David Bowie, Placebo, Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, Dave Matthews Band, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana and Foo Fighters.

------------------

Double-Down

• <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc"" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc
    </A>
  • double-down@mad.scientist.com

It is not death if you refuse it...

The Crow (The original graphic novel)

I like most of the 80's stuff but, I don't listen to it often. One of my favorites from then was "Relax" from Frankie Goes To Hollywood and anything Duran Duran. Always been into either metal or alternative since about jr. high, although Metallica is testing me with this napster shit. I don't think I could buy another one of their cd's. Speaking of metal bands, the lead singer from Overkill lived in the town next to me and used to do electrical work on the side. He did some work at my high school in Summit. It was funny to watch the girls chase him at lunchtime. Before my club music phase (which is about all I listen to anymore) it was K-Rock type music. Korn to Dave Matthews. Now I can't listen to anything but club music. I've been brainwashed!

The Verve, Stone Roses, Blur, Radiohead, Hooverphonic....still sometimes The Cure...someone mentioned Anything Box...can't believe someone else remembers that!

But also very into classical (I'm the opera person after all) particularly 20th century classical, and jazz vocals....like Ella...and Chet Baker.

in addition to the 80's music that most of you have hit on, my fav genre has to be dancehall reggae. from supercat n' ninja man up to beenie and spragga. it was my spring board into ragga jungle (anyone remember "original nuttah" by shy fx and uk apache?! smile.gif ) and that led me into all other things "electronica"......

-sn