Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo Review

Guest onisakura

When we got there he was dropping some banging tracks, but it was sooooooo damn packed that i was getting frustrated. There was NO room to dance, people just walking in front of you, pushing and shoving while trying to dance. I really didn't like how he would build it up then just cut the track then start all over again. Kinda put me in a funk, but not as bad as the fact that I wore heels. Im such a dumbass. I really should have known better since i used to be a space cadet back in the day and you wouldn't catch me at space wearing heels. Then that 50 Cent track, what the hell was that all about?? I gave it another 30 minutes tops and we decided to bounce. Just too much nonsense and my feet were killing me.

It was wonderful meeting Kimmee, Chastity, Drew, Gabe, Mike, Brandon, Betty, Stompy and everyone else - you guys are awesome dancers and i hope to see you tonight! Ill definitely be wearing sneakers though....*lol*

i arrived at Crobar at 12:30 didnt have to pay thank god.. crowd didnt bother me because i was in my little area by the stage.. i def have to say i HAD no complaints at all about last night.. Morillo was awesome definetly had me non stop dancing and the whole puff thing ..i thought it was different. def enjoyed the whole show.. common puff jumped into the crowd ! i couldnt believe my eyes..me and my girls just didnt want to go home!

i got there at 12......just when he got on and opened his set.......got crowded very quickly. im a huge Morillo fan for years and yes his style has changed but i like him no matter what.it was nothing compared to when he was at crobar in November, but i know, i shouldnt compare. i had a pretty good time all in all. P. Diddy was a "NO NO" def. killed my vibe for 40 mins.

he got harder and darker later on in the morning, which i actually enjoyed. i honestly like the fact that he switched it up and dropped 50 cent. not many dj's can pull that off but erick can. i left at around 8ish cuz i couldnt make it anymore, my feet were killing me lol.......im a lil upset that i missed his old skool style closing but oh well. the energy thru that whole place was amazing and ericks energy is out of this world.

and to add another note: when "dirty filthy" came on......crobar shook and went nutz.....spirit def. felt their floor shaking. and then the gas came out and the place wnet all white for 2 mins......i couldnt even see my hand in front of my own face. that song made my night......i went crazy on the dancefloor.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name=maxelicous

and to add another note: when "dirty filthy" came on......crobar shook and went nutz.....spirit def. felt their floor shaking. and then the gas came out and the place wnet all white for 2 mins......i couldnt even see my hand in front of my own face. that song made my night......i went crazy on the dancefloor.

Definitely agree with you there...also enjoyed Robbie Rivera - Feel this and Bucketheads - The Bomb...

That was the most exquisite WMC foreplay I have ever had in my life......

I got there around 2 and stayed til 9:30 and did NOT stop moving. The crowd was GREAT, the music was great, everything was fucking great. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I came to this party.

The only observation (cause it's not even a complaint ) that was undesireable for me would be Diddy with the "fuck the left side" shit...that is NOT how we get down! :laugh: You would think he'd know this by now....WTF??????

Otherwise, I can't knock the man, who doesn't love Morillo...and it's not like this is new, he's ubiquitous in everything he does.

Reminds me of when he was at the Republican convention here...I read an article that said he was up in the VIP with a bunch of old whiteys (no offense LMAO) and one of them asked, "Who is THAT?!?!?!?" cause Diddy was being his usual flamboyant self...a woman incredulously replied, "That's P. Diddy!!!!"

"What's he doing diddling around here?" :confused:

:laugh:

So, just ignore him.

Well here's my two cents> I am a huge Morillo fan and anybody that has heard me spinn will attest to that fact. I thought I was going to loose it when he was in his funky hard house set eariler in the night around 1am or so. With such bangers like Break down the Doors, and So Many Times, Geth's Noch was just rediculous last night. I have had that track since early October and Crobar's system just makes that track into a Beast! I have to say this though, I am in no way tring to ofend anybody with this, But the Drugged out Asians by us last night were really getting on my nreves by 4 in the morning. If You Can't handle your Drugs DON'T DO THEM!!!!!!! I must have gotten bumped into and elbowed about a hundred times last night while tring to dance, and it seemed like every time I tried to move out of their way the would follow me. If I wasn't with some many people I would have moved to a different spot in the club, but everybody was using that spot as a meeting spot all night.

All in All I must say that I had a complete body shut down at around 8am when I finally left. Morillo is one of the only DJ's that can cause that to happen to me. The Energy and the Vibe was out of control almost all night.

As for the Puffy incedent, we could have all done with out the Fuck U over there line to get the crowd hyped up. House music is about unity, and that is why I have been in the house sceen since 87. Save that nonsence for the Thugs and Hip Hop heads that want to fight and act like fools. That works for them, we don't need it.

Anyway I am glad to see that more people are open to real house music these days, it just makes a night like that worth the exhaustion the next afternoon when you wake up.

Oh yea I almost forgot, The 20 min loop he did of Todd Terry's Ultimate Jumping was Off The Hook!!

Sorry I don't really know many of you or I would have said what up. I did see The Mask last night but I could'nt get to you to say what up, I got swallowed up by the crowd tring to make my way over to you.

That's All

Madness

thought Morillo was great, but not anywhere close to how he was in november. the p diddy thing was annoying. i stayed for the entire set and was sober the whole time. it was hard to get into any groove earlier in the night when it was rammed, but got much easier when the crowd lightened up. the closing hours especially the last hour were some of the best ive heard from morillo. it was a long set, and any long set is going to have its ups and downs, but he was on point for most of the night. ive never had a bad time at a morillo party. even if the music is not up to his usual standard, his parties are always fun.

The best night of the year so far. Morillo rocked Crobar, first time I ever felt a vibe in that room. He started of funky then around the time Diddy got on he started droppen the hard tech. From the Puffy performance until 8am it stayed hard. Then he went into a great up front house set. At that point he was playing for the true heads and it was grand. I had told every one I saw to stick around for closing. I just knew we were in for a treat. Once the dance floored cleared out the funk started pumping through the speakers and my feet could not stop moving. The Puffy thing just didn't do it for me but the crowd was eating it up. We house heads tend to be very protective of our House. Overall a solid set, the man threw every thing but the kitchen sink at use.

i thought he ripped it up!!!!! got there around 12. left around 8ish. thank god for prepaid tickets. no way in hell we were waiting in that line. got in and the place was already jumping. seven nation army was great. loved the beat. loved the hard sh!t that morillo was spinning. crowd was eating it up. didnt have a problem with the crowd all night. everyone seemed very chill/polite (i.e. not d!ckheads). definitely some guido action going on but they were under control. i think u could tell the crowd just wanted to party and dance their ass off. u guys say the place was very crowded. it was very filled but i thought it was great. didnt have much of a problem walking around or thru the floor. the bar was fine. never had a problem getting a drink.

i had no clue ja and diddy were there. i must've been in the hip hop room cuz i didnt see sh!t or hear any commotion. my friends ran into sophie from realworld or roadrules.

what time did erick finish?

wish i knew some of your faces. i would've said hi.

got my pic taken i'm the guy

after work i decided to go with a friend, only reason cause it was free...we got there mad early...there was already a line and they werent lettin people in yet for morillo...but we went inside and watched some fashion show they were havin...

after the show..they started lettin people in... and whoever was spinning was playin retarded shit...what the hell was that in the mainroom till 12am?...

i wasnt feelin what morillo was spinning...didnt like his constant tired build ups...and i couldnt stand the crowd...wasnt feelin it... left at 230.

after work i decided to go with a friend, only reason cause it was free...we got there mad early...there was already a line and they werent lettin people in yet for morillo...but we went inside and watched some fashion show they were havin...

after the show..they started lettin people in... and whoever was spinning was playin retarded shit...what the hell was that in the mainroom till 12am?...

i wasnt feelin what morillo was spinning...didnt like his constant tired build ups...and i couldnt stand the crowd...wasnt feelin it... left at 230.

THAT 10-12 SET WAS CRAP NO DOUBT, OVERALL A GREAT NIGHT. FOR ME THE DIRTY FILKTHYMIX AT 6AM IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE WHERE YOU COULDNT SEE A THING THEN IT ALL CLEARS AND NOT ONE PERSON AROUND ME MISSED A BEAT, WAS THE BEST. DANCIN IN THE DARK, UNBELIEVABLE, NIGHT WITH A VIBE THAT I HADNT FELT THERE IN AWHAILE. HE IS AN AMAZING DJ. PEOPLE THERE WITH ME THAT DONT KNOW THIS SCENE AT ALL AND WERE INSTANTLY ADDICTED. P DIDDY, WHAT CAN YOU SAY, LAME BUT EXPECTED. HES NOT THAT TALENTED WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC. :type:

see this is where most people on here misunderstand me a bit. Yes it wasnt my style for the time i was there and i wasnt goin but it was 4am and i was gettign in free didnt have to start work until 9am so i said why not. Im not dissing NOONE on this board im glad everybody who went had a blast and like i said b4 the whole room was full of energy and feeling it which was a great thing. Its great to see erick getting such a huge turnout when he plays here now. While i can see why my QUOTE seems harsh but it is the truth nontheless. Maybe i could have worded it differently.Better or worse i guess its just a matter of opinion.

Silver bullshit i am sick of hearing you! first you did not say this in your first quote! "and like i said b4 the whole room was full of energy and feeling it which was a great thing." you talk so much shit! and when i first joined this board i said to myself this guy knows his shit! but as i read your shit more and more, oyu think you own the ctiy! i think i saw you ou a couple of weeks ago! you walk around like your the shit! thank god i never introduced myself! i wish i could of gone but i already had plans! it sounded like it was a real good fun high energy party! i love that! yes it is all about the music for me but to me the energy you feel with all those ppl is great! anyway, next time i will introduce myself and i guarantee will change your mind about some shit! peace!

Hey carmine heres my exact quote

The crowd was loving every min of it though so im sure it was a great night to the masses. Its great for erick to be as popular as he is right now and as you can see hes enjoying every min of it.

And i hope you do introduce yourself always fun meeting people who think of me one way on here and another in person. If your free tonite come thru to DEEP for 718 sessions.