Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar Tables, HOLY SHIT!

Okay, maybe I just have never gotten a table in a big NYC club. But having recently went in on a table at FUR in D.C. it was still somewhat reasonable. But I inquired about getting a table at CROBAR for CARL Cox's saturday performance. The woman (who was very nice and pleasant, and did return my message) told me the prices. Like getting a table for ten people, would be $150 a person. SO total $1500. AND THAT DOSEN'T EVEN INCLUDE ANY BOTTLES OF LIQUOR, which start at $300. And hey I'm not bitching, I know tables are suppose to be pricy. but jeezus I had no idea. When I visited a friend in D.C. recently he got us a table at CLUB Fur and it was reasonable and they gave us two bottles of liquor. BUT this is NYC.......and it is far superior to D.C.. just wish getting a table at crobar was alittle more reasonable. AND YES i know peeps with real money will end up buying all the TABLEs and good for them...... I'm just bitching, sorry for this post

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That $1500 should include the following:

- no waiting on line

- private access to top floor

- your own table area

- $1500 bar tab included which means you can get 5 $300 bottles of liquer

- mixers should be free

That's how it was when I got table service once for Sasha & Digweed

If they don't include the $1500 bar tab, then they seriously changed something and we should all boycott the place.

Okay, maybe I just have never gotten a table in a big NYC club. But having recently went in on a table at FUR in D.C. it was still somewhat reasonable. But I inquired about getting a table at CROBAR for CARL Cox's saturday performance. The woman (who was very nice and pleasant, and did return my message) told me the prices. Like getting a table for ten people, would be $150 a person. SO total $1500. AND THAT DOSEN'T EVEN INCLUDE ANY BOTTLES OF LIQUOR, which start at $300. And hey I'm not bitching, I know tables are suppose to be pricy. but jeezus I had no idea. When I visited a friend in D.C. recently he got us a table at CLUB Fur and it was reasonable and they gave us two bottles of liquor. BUT this is NYC.......and it is far superior to D.C.. just wish getting a table at crobar was alittle more reasonable. AND YES i know peeps with real money will end up buying all the TABLEs and good for them...... I'm just bitching, sorry for this post

you should double check, cause I think they credit you $150 towards drinks. they just want a guarantee on drinks. so at $300 per bottle, you should be able to get 5 bottles (not including tip).

my $.02

there is a bout 16 drinks per bottle....

4 people - 4-6 drinks each.....

so at $10-14 /drink -

2 bottles for 8-12 people

anything more than $80 per person is ridiculous....!!!!!!

so for 8-12 people - 2 bottles sbould be no more than $5-600 plus tip....

or you could just smoke crack in your car b4 you go in... (not reccommended by the surgeon general)

:aright:

and if that math still makes no sense..

40 bux for a bottle of grey goose at the liquor store.

$2 for red bull at costco

tropicana and cranberry - $8

really good dj at your house - $1000

$1500 just for the table alone is proposterous. I have done bottles in NYC alot like mentioned earlier, getting table(s) should get you passed the line, free admission, etc.

Typically,(Depending on the number of people in your party) there is usually a 2 bottle minimum and bottles avg around $250 without gratuity. So 2 bottles at @ $250 plus tip usually comes out to around $700 or so.

I would definitely call up again and make sure what that $1500 includes. If she says nothing and that its just for the table and you will have to pay for bottles on top of that- then its your decision. If you got the cahs then fuck it but i dont think i would ever do it just on principle.

i'm always at crobar and for my birthday in march i decided to get a table. I have to say for a special occasion its a really great idea. it was $500 for a table for 4 which included one bottle of grey goose and all the juice and stuff and to my surprise she included the tip ($100) also (i dont know if that was her mistake) ...i'd say the experience was worth the money (also ask for tables downstairs on the mainfloor. b/c unless you get a table for 10 you dont get to be on the balcony anyway.

The real shitty part about the club is the fact that there is really no place to sit and rest in the main room .. you have to spend that obscene amount of money just to have a place to sit ..

it does suck that there's no place to sit downstairs, but when I was there a few weeks ago for Roger Sanchez I hung out in the balcony most of the night with no bottle service. Maybe I just got lucky but the bouncers didn't say anything when we went upstairs and no one up there seemed to care.

And what would you know about tables??? except cleaning tables busboy??

It's worth it if you have friends and some money to burn, two things you will ever know nothing about!

LOL

and what would u know about me?nothing soo stfu.i dont know the price of tables cuz i don't need to know i sit where i want.im not some moron that thinks u need to buy a table to actually get one.try it out sometim e instead of being scared little bitches and pay money for a table hahahahaha im sorry that is just sooo freakin ridiculous.tables are for people that arnt there for the music.they are there to get dressed up all flashy bring some hot chicks with them sit at a table all night or dancing around the table area,god forbid they should get out of there protected box,and look at u like "look at me i got a private table im important".can we say "PLASTIC" .BTW i have plenty of friends in the right places and when u have that u dont need money to go out.what else u got smart azz?:spank:

tables are for people that arnt there for the music

Agreed. Why even bother going to a place like Crobar if you're gonna sit at a table for most of the night and drink? I could do the same thing at home...buy a few bottles, invite some people over, and turn on my stereo.

you must have misunderstood .....cause that 150 per person includes liquor

for 1500 you woudl get at least 4 to 5 bottles .....

THey make it that you want to pay just to be able to have a seat because downstairs has nothing! WTF is up with that...I mean a bench or something huh?!

It does bother me that they do not keep people that are not VIP off the floor because you wind up playing security guard all night keeping "looters" off your stuff and away from your table. You get people coming ova all nicey nice so you will share your space...luv 2 chat off my couch and then turn around as if they are not there...unless of course we like 'em and they can dance...lol Ah the power of VIP

Don't get me wrong...am def not a models n bottles type of crew--at all, but like I said for the seat it is necessary. (otherwise you will be forced to the hip hop room to chill.)

First, it just is plain dangerous not to have a normal seating area when you're a club like Crobar, open for afterhours and where possibly people are going to take substances needing them to take some serious rest at some point.

Second it's kinda rude to treat your patrons like this. Resting is such a basic need I don't get they ask people to pay for that.

Third, hate "tables" at a club because it's too fuckin' expensive and given the choice I'd rather spend that money on nice clothes! And it creates a hierarchy based on money: the worse one.

The $1500 you waste on a table at Crobar would buy you hotel and airfare to Ibiza - you hang out on the beach all day and get free passes to any of the clubs from the promoters (or get half price tickets from a bar in Ibiza Town and drink with your friends for half price); you go to a legendary club with thousands of wild Europeans losing their minds to all your favorite DJs (watch out for the Brazilians and Italians on the Defected night at Pacha - they don't take no for an answer!). Then you can say you saw the greatest DJs in the world in the clubbing capital of the world.

Does anything that exciting happen at Crobar that's worth paying that much money for a table? I mean, are you going to see something that will be on par with the decadence of Studio 54 in the 70s, or the club scene of the 80s? If you do, please post a report. Last time I was there it was like a bridge and tunnel prom. Not even worth it for free. I can't believe how clubs rip people off these days.

The $1500 you waste on a table at Crobar would buy you hotel and airfare to Ibiza - you hang out on the beach all day and get free passes to any of the clubs from the promoters (or get half price tickets from a bar in Ibiza Town and drink with your friends for half price); you go to a legendary club with thousands of wild Europeans losing their minds to all your favorite DJs (watch out for the Brazilians and Italians on the Defected night at Pacha - they don't take no for an answer!). Then you can say you saw the greatest DJs in the world in the clubbing capital of the world.

Does anything that exciting happen at Crobar that's worth paying that much money for a table? I mean, are you going to see something that will be on par with the decadence of Studio 54 in the 70s, or the club scene of the 80s? If you do, please post a report. Last time I was there it was like a bridge and tunnel prom. Not even worth it for free. I can't believe how clubs rip people off these days.

:clap2:

Now that would be money well spend......

Does anything that exciting happen at Crobar that's worth paying that much money for a table? I mean, are you going to see something that will be on par with the decadence of Studio 54 in the 70s, or the club scene of the 80s? If you do, please post a report. Last time I was there it was like a bridge and tunnel prom.

Haha, an A+ answer.